Another Bills reporter trying to make himself the story

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed ?.  MLJ is the reporter, you can ask follow ups.  If he wasn’t happy with the answer, reframe it and push back a bit, but to do what he did is everything wrong with journalism these days.  

Right?  Why bag on him on Twitter instead of asking a follow up?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Muppy said:

all this response from MLJ says to me is he isn't a Christian. If he were he would realize that as has been mentioned what Fromm stated was scriptural.

quoted from the NIV .

All this post says to me is that you can dodge a question with some vaguely spiritual crap and that will be above reproach for many people.

MLJ: What do you have to say about throwing 6 INTs today in a blowout loss?

Fromm:  Thou shalt protect thy father and honor no one above him unless it beith me, thy sweet Lord!

MLJ: That's a ***** answer.

Bills Fans: Marcel is a heretic!

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, DFT said:

Please don’t take my comments out of context, I didn’t think you were. I just wanted to make sure my response was well worded since text can be misinterpreted. By no means did I mean that derogatory towards you.  It’s a good conversation.  ?

We're good. I didn't take it that way. Thanks

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DFT said:

2 things...

1.  Freedom of religion.  Your choice.

2.  Respect the choice.  Like when someone quotes it instead of getting political.

my opinion...  This reporter is not respecting his answer.  But his answer is based on his faith.   Therefore it would seem that the reporter is not respecting his faith.  Again, my opinion, but if you’re going to demean a person because you feel they’re not respectful of something, You shouldn’t do it by showing disrespect towards them.

A big part of the problem (and as someone who loves God is catholic) are there are a lot of BS people who use their religion as a crutch and make it political.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

All this post says to me is that you can dodge a question with some vaguely spiritual crap and that will be above reproach for many people.

MLJ: What do you have to say about throwing 6 INTs today in a blowout loss?

Fromm:  Thou shalt protect thy father and honor no one above him unless it beith me, thy sweet Lord!

MLJ: That's a ***** answer.

Bills Fans: Marcel is a heretic!

Unfortunately, this country is at war with itself because people are demanding to be both heard, respected and treated as equals (rightfully!!!). You can’t make those demands if you are not prepared to do the same towards everyone. When you take someone’s belief and title it “spiritual crap“, well my friend, that’s a problem.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A big part of the problem (and as someone who loves God is catholic) are there are a lot of BS people who use their religion as a crutch and make it political.  

Oh I definitely agree! I just don’t see an ounce of that happening here. Quite the opposite, Jake said he didn’t wanna get into politics and instead quoted directly from Scripture. In Christian terms, he’s relying on the word and instruction. Interpretation is the right of all of course, but I don’t see the issues that this reporter is trying to raise. Quite the opposite. Again, just my opinion though. 

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I am not sure if marcel thought through his tweet before he sent it, but his comment is actually non-inclusive and comes off as dismissive of who Fromm is. Obviously these two people are very different. But diversity and inclusion doesn’t just go one way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

Unfortunately, this country is at war with itself because people are demanding to be both heard, respected and treated as equals (rightfully!!!). You can’t make those demands if you are not prepared to do the same towards everyone. When you take someone’s belief and title it “spiritual crap“, well my friend, that’s a problem.

Oh I definitely agree! I just don’t see an ounce of that happening here. Quite the opposite, Jake said he didn’t wanna get into politics and instead quoted directly from Scripture. In Christian terms, he’s relying on the word and instruction. Interpretation is the right of all of course, but I don’t see the issues that this reporter is trying to raise. Quite the opposite. Again, just my opinion though. 

Fromm's response was pure crap.  Love God first and people second??  You act like hes quoting the sermon on the mound.   He used his faith as a shield to avoid a difficult question and some act like any string of words remotely spiritual is sacred text.  He basically said "Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright oh yeah".

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This could not possibly be deduced from the actual text. Where does he disagree with Fromm's worldview?  

Marcel doesn't like Fromm's answer because Fromm dodged the question entirely.  Marcel believes its "unacceptable" but I don't think Fromm owes him or anyone else a better response.  He could certainly help himself by giving a real answer, however.  

so you’re saying Marcel doesn’t believe that loving each other is a proper answer?...

Fromm said some very concrete and problematic things to start all of this, so a little bit of follow up has to be expected.

With respect to a vague question about his thoughts on "what the country is going through", he's completely within his rights to say that he doesn't want to broadcast his political opinions. That's fine, and honestly it's a stupid question for the reporter to ask unsolicited.

It appears the motivation here is to see whether Fromm has changed his perspective or whether he just regrets having his feeling be made public. Too much of a leap for the reporter here, though. He should have just come straight to the point about what steps Fromm's taken and challenged that directly if there was an issue. 

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Fromm's response was pure crap.  Love God first and people second??  You act like hes quoting the sermon on the mound.   He used his faith as a shield to avoid a difficult question and some act like any string of words remotely spiritual is sacred text.  He basically said "Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright oh yeah".

See how much you have to stretch out his actual comments to fit what you are trying to imply he said, did or meant?  Why make a loose interpretation out of one that is so literal?   He did quote Jesus.   It was the short and sweet version from that scripture.   He recited not just scripture, but Jesus’s COMMANDMENTS.  That’s what you referenced as “spiritual crap“.  His actual faith.  That’s a problem.  

Edited by DFT
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Fromm was asked a few questions and in NONE of his replies he actively supported LGBTQ rights, denounced Hitler or insisted women are biologically identical to men. I find this very offensive and he is a bad, bad person!

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am not sure if marcel thought through his tweet before he sent it, but his comment is actually non-inclusive and comes off as dismissive of who Fromm is. Obviously these two people are very different. But diversity and inclusion doesn’t just go one way. 

unless I’m missing something - Fromm answered that he learned his lesson but gave a pretty darn weak explanation of what that lesson was.

its fair to call that out.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Exactly right. Like a Pharisee--making it all about outward show/appearances rather than meaningful substance. Jesus specifically called them out on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

The kid is in a difficult position.

He texted a very stupid thing.  There is no getting around that.  I cannot say what is in his heart. How he treats people probably is more indicative.

Nevertheless, with everything that is going on, I suspect that no matter how he responded, someone would take offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not for nothing but we never got the full context from those texts either the whole thing just got sat on.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Right and we're just going to ignore that he essentially came out and said that he didn't want to step in this political mess right from the top? MLJ is free to push him more on his response or hell just say he would of wanted him to give more of an answer. What MLJ did was take that non answer and say it was terrible which how can a not answer be terrible it isn't anything.

Just now, whatdrought said:

so you’re saying Marcel doesn’t believe that loving each other is a proper answer?...

No, thats actually what you're saying. 

Marcel is saying Fromm, given his leaked texts, owes everyone a real answer as to what he believes about the protests and social justice issues and not some generalized statements about loving God.  I do not agree that Marcel or the public is entitled to a full answer but lets not pretend Fromm didn't dodge the question when he specifically says the last thing he is going to do is get political.

“There’s a lot of things going on and the last thing I want to do is get political in any sort of way, but I think the world would be a better place if we can love God first and then love people.”

4 minutes ago, DFT said:

See how much you have to stretch out his actual comments to fit what you are trying to imply he said? He did quote Jesus.   It was the short and sweet version from that scripture.   He recited not just scripture, but Jesus’s COMMANDMENTS.  That’s what you referenced as “spiritual crap“.  His actual faith.  That’s a problem.  

in context of what he was addressing it wasn’t a terribly appropriate answer. He punted and used faith as a shield instead of using it as a moral structure behind explaining what he learned

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

unless I’m missing something - Fromm answered that he learned his lesson but gave a pretty darn weak explanation of what that lesson was.

its fair to call that out.

Yes, you’re missing something.  The  question wasn’t asked, “what did you learn”.   The question was to give his opinion on what this country has faced recently.   

39 minutes ago, DFT said:

There’s a lot of things going on and the last thing I want to do is get political in any sort of way, but I think the world would be a better place if we can love God first and then love people.

I don’t agree with your interpretation at all. We are talking about a persons faith. His answer was based on his faith and points directly towards loving people. Where we get into the weeds is where people say “he makes it sound”.  There’s a literal indication he says “We should love people “.  In no way does he stipulate that they have to be of his faith. It wasn’t said or indicated and shouldn’t be interpreted that way. Just my opinion and no disrespect to you whatsoever.

That's cool, I didn't have a strong reaction either way.  It's just how it came across to me.  I'll never understand the logic of extremely religious people so their message is largely lost on me.  I'm more of a "do the right thing because it's the right thing to do" kind of guy.

• Like (+1) 5