Dawson Knox trained with George Kittle in offseason

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Unless there's something beyond "he drops passes," which we all known and more importantly he knows, has identified the problem many of us saw and is working on it, no, I got it.  

I also get that you wanted Hoch and Knox didn't catch any TDs in college, so...

it was the he drops passes part that your post missed.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

it was the he drops passes part that your post missed. 

Like I said, I got that part.  I guess I should have added in my post that Kittle doesn't drop many passes.

Doc, you and Weo are like that guy and girl in high school that keep knocking on each other because secretly you like each other.  Relax, not going the alternative lifestyle thing.  Just kidding guys.  You guys both are great and both have excellent posts.  As Rodney said, “Cant we all just get along”.

Thunder storming And Lightning like crazy down here in FL, so on as bored.  

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, you and Weo are like that guy and girl in high school that keep knocking on each other because secretly you like each other.  Relax, not going the alternative lifestyle thing.  Just kidding guys.  You guys both are great and both have excellent posts.  As Rodney said, “Cant we all just get along”.

Thunder storming And Lightning like crazy down here in FL, so on as bored.  

Our son and his fiancé are driving down to Sarasota, FL for his pending wedding on Saturday (family only). She sent a video of what he was driving through. Nasty stuff! 

I was driving to pick up my wife from banking school once, nighttime on I-95 in a nasty storm. It’s dark and I see lights in the distance flickering on and off heading south as I went north.  I couldn’t figure it out. As I get closer I realize it’s a car flipping and rolling. I’m the first one there and the car is upside down in the gulley/median. The next person was a lady who was right behind her who said “she wasn’t doing anything crazy, I was right behind her taking it easy!” The car was upside down so the tires were right there to see, and they looked fine to me. Hydroplaning has been a much greater concern to me since that night. 

I think the driver was going to be OK, but only because she had her seatbelt on. I pray everyone wears a seatbelt for every inch they move. My parents would skip it if I didn’t make them. I guess they drove the first 40-50 years without, but PLEASE make everyone wear it! 

Okay, PSA tangent over.  :)

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah....2x probowler, back to back 1000+ yd seasons, pushing 80% catch % with <2% drops - SF trades Kittle for Croom only in a Bills fans wildest wet fantasies.

You're right, it's probably not Kelly Pegula holding that trade back. John Lynch would be fired in a New York minute were he to fall for that fleecing. 

On 8/7/2020 at 6:56 PM, Victory Formation said:

If you wanna be gay, be gay then. But there’s no need to be inappropriate and cross so many basic lines and boundaries every chance you get though. We get it, you’re ***** but no need to antagonize people with offensive language, it’s just not cool. It’s not about intolerance at this point. Rather nobody gives a damn about which player you’re going to rub one off to later and I’m sick of hearing about it. I really really really don’t want to hear it. Could you please consider refraining from posting inappropriate sexual innuendos on this board? Once again it shows a complete disregard for sexual social norms which is really really really weird. 

What happened to "not that there's anything wrong with that"???!!!!:cry:

I dont understand how fantasizing about having both Kittle and Knox as our starting Tight Ends (which they both definitely are:wub:) is offensive... What offensive language did I use Mr. Intolerance? I thought it is a disregard for sexual social norms nowadays not to be flamboyant!!

PS... sorry I rubbed you the wrong way:lol:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Look up, something just flew over your head...

22 hours ago, Doc said:

Unless there's something beyond "he drops passes," which we all known and more importantly he knows, has identified the problem many of us saw and is working on it, no, I got it.  

I also get that you wanted Hoch and Knox didn't catch any TDs in college, so...

Hockstrap would've been a great get but Knox has been good. Sucks Hock got injured already:cry:

George Kittle becoming a star nfl TE is absolutely insane.  There was nothing to indicate that was coming.  

and I always think it’s good to train with great players but I don’t always know how much it matters.  Just because you work out with Jordan or Gretzky, it doesn’t mean you will become great.  

Knox just needs to catch the ball.  Dude does get open. But he’s not a natural at the position.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Our son and his fiancé are driving down to Sarasota, FL for his pending wedding on Saturday (family only). She sent a video of what he was driving through. Nasty stuff! 

I was driving to pick up my wife from banking school once, nighttime on I-95 in a nasty storm. It’s dark and I see lights in the distance flickering on and off heading south as I went north.  I couldn’t figure it out. As I get closer I realize it’s a car flipping and rolling. I’m the first one there and the car is upside down in the gulley/median. The next person was a lady who was right behind her who said “she wasn’t doing anything crazy, I was right behind her taking it easy!” The car was upside down so the tires were right there to see, and they looked fine to me. Hydroplaning has been a much greater concern to me since that night. 

I think the driver was going to be OK, but only because she had her seatbelt on. I pray everyone wears a seatbelt for every inch they move. My parents would skip it if I didn’t make them. I guess they drove the first 40-50 years without, but PLEASE make everyone wear it! 

Okay, PSA tangent over.  :)

My heart stops every time I feel water make us slide a bit...

Congrats Augie to you and your son! He wouldn't happen to be celebrating at Siesta Key afterwards or having the ceremony or reception there would he??? 

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah....2x probowler, back to back 1000+ yd seasons, pushing 80% catch % with <2% drops - SF trades Kittle for Croom only in a Bills fans wildest wet fantasies.

Hey! Get out of my fantasy, it's already too wet in here!!!:cry:

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Hockstrap would've been a great get but Knox has been good. Sucks Hock got injured already:cry:

Not at 10th overall.  Second round, sure.

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

George Kittle becoming a star nfl TE is absolutely insane.  There was nothing to indicate that was coming.  

and I always think it’s good to train with great players but I don’t always know how much it matters.  Just because you work out with Jordan or Gretzky, it doesn’t mean you will become great.  

Knox just needs to catch the ball.  Dude does get open. But he’s not a natural at the position.

Yup.  As for working out with a great player won't make you great, true.  But you still like to see it, so they can possibly learn some tricks and how they train.

As for being a natural...not sure where you're getting that from.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

May I ask what this means?

Because he was a high school qb and didn’t get a lot of targets.  He has only been playing position for a few years.  He has all the physical tools and is a very good route runner (playing qb definitely helps him).  

I didn’t like the pick because of his lack of production but then he really surprised me in the beginning of the season.  But then the drops and I don’t believe he is a natural hand catcher.  Confidence can definitely play a part in drops but given he never really caught that ball that much, it is a concern.  

but talent wise, he’s about as good as any guy in the league.  But if he doesn’t solve the drops, qbs will lose confidence in him. 

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not at 10th overall.  Second round, sure.

Yup.  As for working out with a great player won't make you great, true.  But you still like to see it, so they can possibly learn some tricks and how they train.

As for being a natural...not sure where you're getting that from.

I explained the natural part above.  But for sure.  I guess Kittle had 10 tds in 2 years at Iowa but it blows my mind how good he has become.  I also have to give credit to a daddy’s boy coach who is actually good.  Shanahan gets the most out of his offensive players. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he was a high school qb and didn’t get a lot of targets.  He has only been playing position for a few years.  He has all the physical tools and is a very good route runner (playing qb definitely helps him).  

I didn’t like the pick because of his lack of production but then he really surprised me in the beginning of the season.  But then the drops and I don’t believe he is a natural hand catcher.  Confidence can definitely play a part in drops but given he never really caught that ball that much, it is a concern.  

but talent wise, he’s about as good as any guy in the league.  But if he doesn’t solve the drops, qbs will lose confidence in him. 

Ok, I think you should have simply said he doesn't have a lot of experience at the position, because physically he is a perfect "natural" fit for today's NFL TE.

As for catching ability -- he made some extremely difficult catches last year and admitted his drops were because he took his attention away before securing the ball.  I don't see a guy who struggles to catch -- I see a guy who was looking to make big plays and just needs to learn to complete the catch first (which he said he has done).

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

it was the stickum, doc.   The stickum.

Ol' Freddy didn't need no stickum...his hands were already naturally like that. At least if I had been around they definitely... nevermind:cry:

Point is he never dropped a pass, stickum or not like Stevey Largent

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Next SB game I guarantee Knox gets a screen or reverse and throws it deep to Allen for a TD!!! Saving that baby up...:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1