Dawson Knox trained with George Kittle in offseason

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Ok, I think you should have simply said he doesn't have a lot of experience at the position, because physically he is a perfect "natural" fit for today's NFL TE.

As for catching ability -- he made some extremely difficult catches last year and admitted his drops were because he took his attention away before securing the ball.  I don't see a guy who struggles to catch -- I see a guy who was looking to make big plays and just needs to learn to complete the catch first (which he said he has done).

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, I agree he’s physically natural but that doesn’t make you necessarily a natural at a position.  There was a guy named Shawn Oakman who was an absolute monster at Baylor (there’s like a famous meme of him at the coin flip).  But as a football player, he just wasn’t that good.  

there are a lot subtle things that goes into every position.  When I was a receiver, I always liked the contested catches better than the wide open ones.  I wonder in a pass friendly offense like Mississippi, why didn’t a clear nfl talent like Knox get more chances?  I wonder if there were drops in practice or lack of confidence in him.  

but he does have all the tools and a good work ethic.  If he puts it all together, he will be a beast. 

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ol' Freddy didn't need no stickum...his hands were already naturally like that. At least if I had been around they definitely... nevermind:cry:

Point is he never dropped a pass, stickum or not like Stevey Largent

I looked it up and Biletnikoff used stickum.  But so did everyone in that era, so I didn't get why WEO singled him out, as if he were the poster boy for it.

And today they just use gloves.  Although there's a stigma attached to that.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wonder in a pass friendly offense like Mississippi, why didn’t a clear nfl talent like Knox get more chances?  I wonder if there were drops in practice or lack of confidence in him.

You may want to review the roster depth chart at WR during his time there.  This was well documented when he was drafted last year.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I looked it up and Biletnikoff used stickum.  But so did everyone in that era, so I didn't get why WEO singled him out, as if he were the poster boy for it.

Unfortunately it was part of the game...I would've made a killing as a "stickum boy" back in the day, shame I wasn't born yet:cry: 

That being said Bullet Biletnikoff didn't need it, he was an amazing player. Largent even more so!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Gloves without a doubt help catching the football, most of the gloves have  a  "grip" to them.

The "poster boy" for stickem was Bilenikoff's teammate, Lester Hays, in fact i think he was a prime factor in it getting banned, he had so much it got all over his clothes, on the football, other players. 

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

My heart stops every time I feel water make us slide a bit...

Congrats Augie to you and your son! He wouldn't happen to be celebrating at Siesta Key afterwards or having the ceremony or reception there would he??? 

Very small (originally parents only, but she has 5 sisters with families who were added) ceremony at St Martha’s. We will be staying at a house on the bay on Siesta owned by some friends that happens to be vacant. Catered event at the house following Mass and photos, then a little sunset boat ride as I understand the agenda. The “public wedding” was moved to 2021. 

Perfect situation for us as we get to bring the dog and spread out. It’s going to be weird going back but not being able to do my usual things, restaurants, farmers market, etc. It just can’t be the same. I lived there longer than I’ve lived anywhere in my life. I left WNY for college at 17 and we lived in Sarasota for 18 years. The dream is to have a place there and another in the NC mountains once the wife retires. It’s OK to dream, right? 

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

Very small (originally parents only, but she has 5 sisters with families who were added) ceremony at St Martha’s. We will be staying at a house on the bay on Siesta owned by some friends that happens to be vacant. Catered event at the house following Mass and photos, then a little sunset boat ride as I understand the agenda. The “public wedding” was moved to 2021. 

Perfect situation for us as we get to bring the dog and spread out. It’s going to be weird going back but not being able to do my usual things, restaurants, farmers market, etc. It just can’t be the same. I lived there longer than I’ve lived anywhere in my life. I left WNY for college at 17 and we lived in Sarasota for 18 years. The dream is to have a place there and another in the NC mountains once the wife retires. It’s OK to dream, right? 

Darn tootin' it is OK to dream!!!

Sounds like a blast, my wife and I are gonna drive up to Siesta Key for her Birthday, out of respect I will make sure I don't crash any weddings in the area or get up to any shenanigans on the beach or water:pirate:

Seriously though, stay safe my friend, Enjoy your son's wonderful ceremony!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

George Kittle becoming a star nfl TE is absolutely insane.  There was nothing to indicate that was coming.  

and I always think it’s good to train with great players but I don’t always know how much it matters.  Just because you work out with Jordan or Gretzky, it doesn’t mean you will become great.  

Knox just needs to catch the ball.  Dude does get open. But he’s not a natural at the position.

Ehh ask Scottie Pippen how that worked out for his career