Dawson Knox trained with George Kittle in offseason

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

interesting observation.

My take, and this is probably just drinking the kool aid, is McBeane goes after players that actually love playing football and it’s a passion not a job.

So even in the off-season they just can’t get enough. 

I certainly don’t make PowerPoints and have conference calls when I’m on vacation ? 

I think it's a logical theory.  Right out of the gate, Josh formed a tight bond with Darnold.  That bothered a lot of people (here), but I've thought it was awesome from day one.

I think, in addition to the passion for the game that you pointed out, it's also a sign of maturity.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:35 PM, Buffalo03 said:

Jason Croom for George Kittle straight up. Imagine him and Knox together. That's what dreams are made of

Why don't we trade Tyler Kroft for a pair of first round picks while we're at it.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Haha (+1) 2

There was a Buffalo Bills TV special on in Rochester last night and they mentioned we never had a TE make the Pro Bowl - I thought over the years one would have made it (names come back like Reuben Gant, Jay Riemersma, Pete Metzelaars,...) but they say this year Knox could be the first one to make it. Love it!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think it's a logical theory.  Right out of the gate, Josh formed a tight bond with Darnold.  That bothered a lot of people (here), but I've thought it was awesome from day one.

I think, in addition to the passion for the game that you pointed out, it's also a sign of maturity.

absolutely, just because you’re friends with someone, doesn’t mean you don’t want to beat them in a competitive game Early and often! And vice versa. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Is it me, or do the Bills do more training with other teams' players now than they ever did?  Not sure if this is something that's always been commonplace,  but I don't recall hearing as much about it in past years.

Personally, I love it. 

Players have always trained with players from University/College they went to or home town but we hear about it more for there are so many more ways to hear about it including social media by the player.  University of Miami always had a bunch of players training together but we heard about it more for they also partied together and got in trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I love you 

You say that to all the boys... 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Seems like every aspiring tight and would want to work out with George Kittle. How does that work? Do you have to apply and be accepted?

All ya gotta do is work on your hands and your in...

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Most of our guys just seem to be plain hungry, to learn and win, and you can’t buy that as a front office. Testament to our scouts and player evaluation for picking up on those types of intangibles along the way. 

Agree totally. I think the FO seeks out the kind of guys that have that "will to win" gene.

• Like (+1) 1