Matt Milano: “I’m not focused on a contract. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else”

I would think most rookies would want to stay with the team.  Bills are on the way up and SB is not out of reach.  Great culture and management.  The bottom line will always be dollars but that is not the only consideration.  And its not like Beane wont pay players what they are reasonably worth.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Some around here don't think he's worth resigning, correct?

I'd love to keep him.

I would love to keep him as well, I think the issue just becomes that there are a lot of extensions to do and theoretically you can’t pay everyone. But I would think McD would want to do what he can to keep him, he’s a DNA guy 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

not focused on a contract but definitely thinking about one. 

He doesn’t need a lot of money! ;) He sleeps on a mattress on the floor and wears the same shirt and jeans everywhere (apparently he’s a minimalist) 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

We'll see how Covid impacts the salary cap, but I am positive that Beane is going to try as hard as he can to keep both Milano and Dawkins. More than likely one will be re-signed and the use of the Franchise Tag on the other. 

19 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Some around here don't think he's worth resigning, correct?

I'd love to keep him.

I think that people would like to have him remain with the Bills, it's just that they don't think he's worth top 5 money at his position.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I resigned him in Madden for 5/$45M. Let's go with that.

The way this Covid cap is gonna work in 2021 that might be the case. It’s gonna be strange times. I’m sure The Magic Beane has some tricks up his sleeve for working deals around a tight cap next season. 

Milano is a good LB in any scheme, but he’s a beast in ours.  As an undersized, speed LB, I think he knows that - hopefully that helps with negotiations.  

Definitely want him back.  He’s had a few games where he was the best defender on the field.