Tom Brady said learning new playbook is tough

major

Ghost, they were #1 against the run, but 30th against the pass.  They were improving with their young talent as the year progressed and they picked up Winfield’s son as a safety in the second round of the draft.  It’s just like they were #1 in the pass, but low in the run so that is the other area. If they move up to middle ground in both areas and Brady will take those 30 picks down to 10 or so.  He also is not known for fumbling like Winston was the last few years.

Its not by accident or bad luck Winston and Marriotta are now backups.  That was a flop of a draft class for QB’s.  All seven have done nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

Brady made Belichick, and it will be obvious this year. Give me a break with this magic man in his helmet telling him what to do, the guy did the same thing in Michigan, he's just that good. 

He is clearly having no problem in TB throwing lasers all over the field on a dime. 

The Bucs are instant contenders for the SB. 

https://youtu.be/7EPG0KQO-T8

Fate, they are both great.  I know we hate them and we should for what happened for two long darn decades, but he is a HOF QB, and making comments like he will look like a 6th rounder just comes across like the young guy who asks the hot girl out five times and she keeps shutting him down.  

On the other hand BB is the Evil Emperor fro Star Wars, but he also is one of the top 5 HC of all time.  There’s no denying he took a Bradyless team to 11-5 when Brady was hurt, and 3-1, when Brady was suspended.  They are decimated with talent due to three top FA losses and 8 opt outs, and a probably washed up QB in Newton who was 6 out of 8 seasons very inaccurate not ascending like Josh.

Enjoy us kicking the Pats arses, amd enjoy watching Brady crush it in the NFC proving he was even though both great, the better of the two.  My concern in two years is more of Miami as if Tua stays healthy is going to be a rival.  They infused a lot of talent, looks like they have a good coaching staff and in one tow two years from now the old rivalry will be on.  The Jets will be perpetually a dumpster fire, and the Pats once BB retires and I bet he will in a couple of years are going to be the laughing stock of the NFL again, and it can’t come fast enough.  Once more these arrogant Pats fans will get humiliated for a decade by the Bills, and I will laugh with every win.

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ghost, they were #1 against the run, but 30th against the pass.  They were improving with their young talent as the year progressed and they picked up Winfield’s son as a safety in the second round of the draft.  It’s just like they were #1 in the pass, but low in the run so that is the other area. If they move up to middle ground in both areas and Brady will take those 30 picks down to 10 or so.  He also is not known for fumbling like Winston was the last few years.

Its not by accident or bad luck Winston and Marriotta are now backups.  That was a flop of a draft class for QB’s.  All seven have done nothing.

I had high hopes for Marriotta when he first came out. Welp! Winston was just god awful w the bucs, to think he got a job before Cam Newton (granted its as a backup) but Wow!

On 8/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, Warcodered said:

Brett Favre took the Vikings to the NFC championship game.

Montana also had a decent short run with the Chiefs way back. However, Brady is 43, which is four years older than Favre when he took the Vikings to the NFC championship game. Brady looked like a QB who was quickly declining during the second half of last season. I don’t care how much talent the Bucs have, I don’t see Brady having much left in the tank, and it takes a QB to put talent to use. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Brady made Belichick, and it will be obvious this year. Give me a break with this magic man in his helmet telling him what to do, the guy did the same thing in Michigan, he's just that good. 

He is clearly having no problem in TB throwing lasers all over the field on a dime. 

The Bucs are instant contenders for the SB. 

https://youtu.be/7EPG0KQO-T8

03419514-3BD1-4C63-A991-E347735DA55E.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, Warcodered said:

I mean has ever even had to learn a new playbook in the last two decades?

Yep, exactly, pretty much the same system he ran for nearly two decades.

Amazing the incredible advantage the Pats had, every year the toughest position to fill, the QB they were set with 95% certainty (odds of Brady getting hurt) and not only that, they typically got Brady at a home town discount (as well as some side financial help from Kraft).

19 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Montana also had a decent short run with the Chiefs way back. However, Brady is 43, which is four years older than Favre when he took the Vikings to the NFC championship game. Brady looked like a QB who was quickly declining during the second half of last season. I don’t care how much talent the Bucs have, I don’t see Brady having much left in the tank, and it takes a QB to put talent to use. 

Kurt Warner took the Cardinals to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm surprised Tommy is having to learn a offense. I figured the Bucs would do what Denver did when they got Peyton and let him do his thing.  Run his offense. Especially after they signed his BFF, THE GRONK.

Arians is prolly one of the few HC’s who has the street cred and offensive bona fides to tell even Tommy what’s what. Besides, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if TB was itching to try something new system-wise to go along with his new uni threads, jmo. 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, Ghost_002! said:

If the bucs have any semblance of a defense they could be in a SB...

You going from Jamie's Winston to Tom Brady in that offense...the only thing he is worried about is who should get the touchdowns and when.

Jamis is much better at getting the ball down field in 2019 than Brady but Jamis is also so much more turnover prone. The trade off probably benefits a game manager plus like Brady but I think a lot has to fall right for Tampa Bay including a 43 year old QB coming off his worst season since before the Iraq War.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:39 PM, major said:

Translation: they don’t radio plays to me in my helmet like they did in New England after the snap. I’ve always wanted to see Tom on another team. He will suddenly look like a 6th round draft pick and will have more INT’s than TD’s #cheater

Yeah, that's it.

He's a total failure.

If only we could have beaten him these last 20 years or so!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Remember, I’m with you.  BB is going to have a heck of a time with 8 opt outs and 3 defensive starters before that leaving in free agency.  It’s obvious with another RB acquired they are going to try and have a run heavy team, but all of the Star defensive players were already gone in free agency so he will have a tough time fielding a good team.  Yes, BB will coach well, but if he had Brady, that covers a lot up.  Cam isn’t even close to as good as was Brady.  I am not saying Cam is not good, but he doesn’t have that quick release like Brady who throws with a great deal of accuracy.  I’m just glad we don’t have to face him twice a year anymore.