Tom Brady said learning new playbook is tough

major

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Yeah, I seriously doubt he looks like a 6th Round QB. He has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, OJ Howard, Cameron Brate, and they drafted Tyler Johnson whom I believe was a bit underrated during the draft process. That team is stacked with talent at the skill positions outside of RB. I also expect McCoy will likely be used as the receiving back in that offense as well. I fully anticipate Brady to throw for more than 4,000 yds and 30+ TD's once again. 

Way to go Water.  I didn’t want to say it as I know the guys think I’m biased and I am as my first half of life was in Buffalo, but my second half is here in Tampa.  He has so much behind him in a HC I love before Tampa in AZ, Indy, Pitt., and even back in the day at Alabama.  He’ll he was groomed under the legend Bear Bryant.  Bowles was making a serious dent in that defense in the second half of the year.  He was a terrible HC at the Jets, but then that team is a dumpster fire.  He’s an excellent DC.  You articulated well the weapons, and he will make the most of them.  Think of it this way.  Winston throws 30 TD’s, but 30 Ints.  He also fumbled the ball a ton and why single handedly the reason for 7-9.  Get a smart QB who may be on his last two years, but he will probably throw for another 30 TDs, but not fumble, and not throw more than maybe 10 picks.

The Bucs also picked up an excellent OT in the draft so as much as people hate it, they are going to be good.  They will compete with the Saints for the NFCS.  Having said that, The Bucs play the Bills in Tampa next year and if we have fans, I will be there in my Machine Gun Kelly Jersey as I have every 8 years since 1993.  No one comes in front of my Bills, but am aloud a second team in the opposite conference where I’ve lived half my life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

As much as I both hate and totally respect Tommie, I don’t think this is going to turn out well. I’ve seen it so so many times where players think they have another year or two left. It rarely works out. I’m almost amazed he didn’t let a cooler head prevail and ‘opt out’. 

I have said it all along.  I strongly believe it is the Patriots over Brady.  Brady IS a special QB who was able to execute in every situation and run the offense and such... but I dont think he is not replaceable there.  On the flip-side, I dont think his skills, especially at this age, are sustainable outside the New England bubble.

• Like (+1) 1

Please revisit this during the season when Cam Newton and Stidham are putting up Brady #’s in New England while the real Brady will suddenly resemble Nathan Peterman. I can hear the excuses already from the media types: “Brady is just getting old”. When they should be saying: “Brady isn’t cheating anymore”

I know better than to prognosticate about a player's fortune in a sport that has so many variables, but far and away THE single largest reason TB has been losing has been quarterback play.

Last year I had a connecting flight in Tampa, and while I was in line at the Starbucks I actually turned around and intercepted a Jameis Winston pass. True story.

They have a very good OL, great receivers and a very good defense. If you're expecting Brady* to schittthebed this year, I wouldn't hold your breath.

30 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I have said it all along.  I strongly believe it is the Patriots over Brady.  Brady IS a special QB who was able to execute in every situation and run the offense and such... but I dont think he is not replaceable there.  On the flip-side, I dont think his skills, especially at this age, are sustainable outside the New England bubble.

His skills are unsustainable outside of the New England bubble because the New England bubble is a cesspool of cheating. I’m telling you, any qb could go to NE and be successful in a system where they know the other team’s game plan 

Seeing as last year his job was to not lose games and just let the defense do its thing, I think this year will be very interesting to see what he does with a much lesser D. I do think much of his success was due to cheating and I hope he falls apart.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm reminded of a story I once heard about Joe Montana playing in Kansas City after all his years in San Fran. Occasionally during the game he would belt out an audible to a play he knew would be better, but his teammates would look at him like he was nuts because he would revert to the San Fran verbiage out of habit..

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll wait and see how he plays.   I hate the guy, but he's a fierce competitor and I'm not counting him out until I see it.

Other than cheating and kicking the tar out of the Bills for years and being so pompous and getting so much love by the refs what could you possibly hate him for?