Tom Brady said learning new playbook is tough

major

Translation: they don’t radio plays to me in my helmet like they did in New England after the snap. I’ve always wanted to see Tom on another team. He will suddenly look like a 6th round draft pick and will have more INT’s than TD’s #cheater

• Like (+1) 13
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

He has to remember 5 words in a row.  Very difficult cognitive test.

Football playbooks especially those with West coast verbiage are extremely complex

They're like foreign languages

Brady has been in an erhardt-perkins system his whole career and the verbage is very simple compared to other systems

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, major said:

Translation: they don’t radio plays to me in my helmet like they did in New England after the snap. I’ve always wanted to see Tom on another team. He will suddenly look like a 6th round draft pick and will have more INT’s than TD’s #cheater

ah ha! Now we know why he has always opted out of the pro bowl ? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t see what is so newsworthy as he  just said he’s learning all new terminology, and a new playbook.  He’s not falling off a cliff just because he left BB.  Just a reminder, this is up there with the Moss two years with the best skill WR’s and TE’s as a group in football.  They may need help at RB, but they also have a decent O Line.

I know Bills fans hate the guy.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Football playbooks especially those with West coast verbiage are extremely complex

They're like foreign languages

Brady has been in an erhardt-perkins system his whole career and the verbage is very simple compared to other systems

Yeah the helmet voice saying guy on right is open and a blitzed is coming up your backside helps alot

Edited by Xwnyer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yeah, I seriously doubt he looks like a 6th Round QB. He has Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, OJ Howard, Cameron Brate, and they drafted Tyler Johnson whom I believe was a bit underrated during the draft process. That team is stacked with talent at the skill positions outside of RB. I also expect McCoy will likely be used as the receiving back in that offense as well. I fully anticipate Brady to throw for more than 4,000 yds and 30+ TD's once again. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, major said:

Here's hoping for 'Butt Fumble: 2020'.  Something else for the highlight reels.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He scored a 33 on the Wonderlic and the Pats offense was also complicated so I'm sure he can handle it.  Palmer and Warner thrived in Arians's offense so the pressure is on.  No excuses.

Minus being old 

8 hours ago, FLFan said:

He has to remember 5 words in a row.  Very difficult cognitive test.

God, with how quite stadiums will be this year, I hope one Sunday we hear a QB audible into Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

God, with how quite stadiums will be this year, I hope one Sunday we hear a QB audible into Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV. 

Are they going to pump in crowd noise?

When Brady starts chucking the ball into the dirt to avoid getting hit, will they press the “frustrated crowd loudly murmurs and yells at the QB” button?  New England fans were used to seeing that.  I wonder if TB fans will appreciate it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

As much as I both hate and totally respect Tommie, I don’t think this is going to turn out well. I’ve seen it so so many times where players think they have another year or two left. It rarely works out. I’m almost amazed he didn’t let a cooler head prevail and ‘opt out’.