[Vague Title] I just want to say one thing about this organization

Rubes

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that must be it. :lol:

And, I was being facetious. There is no “special Ed” (nice one there, BTW) program in the NFL.  Just like you admitted there isn’t one in any other league.

Sure you were, doc.

Andyes, I “admitted” a fact.  Good pick up!

Edited by Mr. WEO

23 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All true. But if a genie gave you one wish, that one Buffalo team could be championship caliber, but the other would be total garbage, and you got to pick which team was which, you'd pick the Bills, wouldn't you?

I'd have to say yes

On 8/6/2020 at 5:11 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well all do with respect, he was very cheap. The only time he wasn’t cheap was during the levy/Kelly era and then right up until after the Bledsoe failure he went right back to being extremely cheap not only in not spending money on free agents or re signing our own but also was very cheap when it came to HCs

Not just money but also control after Tom Donahoe did a ***** job both building the team and running the org.  From that moment on, Ralph would only hire people he knew or worked worked with in the past as GM in Marv, Russ Brandon, and Buddy Nix. That’s your drought, people 

On 8/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, Doc said:

Assuming the NFL did/does do that, why doesn’t the NHL do that as well?

likely not done anymore ?  at least not hearing of it...you have to wonder if it does exist as a recommendation only ?  and how would it consider minority candidates and how many ?

19 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

likely not done anymore ?  at least not hearing of it...you have to wonder if it does exist as a recommendation only ?  and how would it consider minority candidates and how many ?

At best it has to be a recommendation, as in "hey, what about this guy?"  No one is telling owners who they have to hire.  If that were the case, then someone would also have told them to hire Rex.  You can't conveniently blame them for hiring him but credit someone else with McBeane, much less because of pity.  That's silly.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, matter2003 said:

To hear players like Josh Norman and Stefon Diggs saying things like they have gone from one of the least respected and liked organizations in the NFL in terms of where players want to go to one of the most respected over the course of their career was like music to my ears.

Winning and investment in the team will end up doing that. The Pegulas not only invested when it came to free agents and ditching cash to cap but they also built a state of the art practice facility and one of the best support infrastructures in the league.

Now they have a head coach GM Combo that can put it all together and it's resulting in winning. All that leads to a good reputation within the league.