[Vague Title] I just want to say one thing about this organization

Rubes

Say what you will about Kim and Terry, but I really really appreciate how well run this Bills organization is, from top to bottom. Scouting, strength & conditioning, management, coaching, drafting, free agency, finances, player development, even COVID...really coming across as extremely professional across the board.

Knowing where we've come from, it's sooooo nice to see.

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s weird that the Sabres are literally the exact opposite. 

Honestly, I don't think it's any different other than they haven't found the right people to run the show.

They were fortunate with the Bills after the Rex debacle. They'll get there eventually with the Sabres.....I think.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, can we finally bury ‘Ralph is Cheap’?

Well all do with respect, he was very cheap. The only time he wasn’t cheap was during the levy/Kelly era and then right up until after the Bledsoe failure he went right back to being extremely cheap not only in not spending money on free agents or re signing our own but also was very cheap when it came to HCs

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well all do with respect, he was very cheap. The only time he wasn’t cheap was during the levy/Kelly era and then right up until after the Bledsoe failure he went right back to being extremely cheap not only in not spending money on free agents or re signing our own but also was very cheap when it came to HCs

Can’t you read?? See above. It’s DEAD!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

Honestly, I don't think it's any different other than they haven't found the right people to run the show.

They were fortunate with the Bills after the Rex debacle. They'll get there eventually with the Sabres.....I think.

Right I mean people get upset because they're not good yet but ownership wise they just have to find the right people to run it. If they're not getting too involved like The Washington Football Team, the Browns, or Dallas then they're not that bad.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

Ralph Wilson wasn't really cheap.  He had senior advisors he trusted who WERE cheap.  The chief culprit was a lawyer named Littman or Lippman, who constantly found ways for the Bills to cut costs.

In the glory days, when the Bills played the Cowboys in the last two SBs, the Cowboys had loaded up on FAs who were being paid from Jerry Jones' deep pockets.  The salary cap was a toy for these guys, who found ways to buy the players they wanted. The Bills couldn't compete using the money the Bills got from tickets and sponsors, and Littman wouldn't let Wilson spend Wilson's own money.  

56 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Say what you will about Kim and Terry, but I really really appreciate how well run this Bills organization is, from top to bottom. Scouting, strength & conditioning, management, coaching, drafting, free agency, finances, player development, even COVID...really coming across as extremely professional across the board.

Hmmm....it is almost as if competence by those holding positions of leadership matters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

This right here ^^^

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He had Mike Shanahan ready to come here, but Mrs. Shanahan is the boss of that family.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

To hear players like Josh Norman and Stefon Diggs saying things like they have gone from one of the least respected and liked organizations in the NFL in terms of where players want to go to one of the most respected over the course of their career was like music to my ears.

• Like (+1) 6

58 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Ralph Wilson wasn't really cheap.  He had senior advisors he trusted who WERE cheap.  The chief culprit was a lawyer named Littman or Lippman, who constantly found ways for the Bills to cut costs.

In the glory days, when the Bills played the Cowboys in the last two SBs, the Cowboys had loaded up on FAs who were being paid from Jerry Jones' deep pockets.  The salary cap was a toy for these guys, who found ways to buy the players they wanted. The Bills couldn't compete using the money the Bills got from tickets and sponsors, and Littman wouldn't let Wilson spend Wilson's own money.  

Never want to bash Ralph but he was extremely cheap. The sr advisers held their positions as long as they did because they did what Ralph told them to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane preaches long term, sustainable success.  

To achieve that, you need to:

-Hit on the QB position

-Draft well

-Manage your cap 

-Create a culture that players buy into, and want to be a part of 

If Allen makes the jump, McDermott and Beane have dang near hit on all of those pillars. 

• Like (+1) 1