Corrupt Democrats Seek To Dissolve the NRA - Assault on the 2nd Amendment

Discuss in this thread

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-ag-dissolve-nra-lawsuit

NRA President Carolyn Meadows called the lawsuit "a baseless, premeditated attack," claiming it targeted not just the NRA, but the constitutional rights it defends.

"You could have set your watch by it:  the investigation was going to reach its crescendo as we move into the 2020 election cycle," Meadows said in a statement. "It’s a transparent attempt to score political points and attack the leading voice in opposition to the leftist agenda. This has been a power grab by a political opportunist – a desperate move that is part of a rank political vendetta. Our members won’t be intimidated or bullied in their defense of political and constitutional freedom.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The NRA has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. They're just a corrupt non-profit like the Trump Foundation.

You forgot the Clinton Foundation, Obamas foundation, BLM, those are just off the top of my head and I know there is more.

Oh yeah, I forgot Roger Godell and the non for profit NFL, yup them too. 

Edited by Big Gun

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Planned Parenthood is definitely not nonprofit.

It definitely is.

Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of people worldwide. Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit under EIN 13-1644147. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I'm gonna say that you are in the minority there Bull.

When am I not around here?

I'm a former member.

23 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

It's interesting that they're more concerned with the NRA's internal finances than campaign finances of elected officials.

When AG goes after corrupt NPO's, you call for them to look into Trump's scandals. When they look into Trump's scandals, you call it a deep state conspiracy

I read the article and honestly it doesn’t look good from a distance. Time will tell if things at the NRA are actually corrupt or not. 

However, two other things are also true:

1) this is clearly a politically motivated and timed event. 

2) No matter what is going on over there the inner working of the NRA don’t change the fact that firearm ownership is codified in the constitution and the only way to change that is to repeal that amendment. But since there’s not a chance in hell that would happen, we see the left do what they always do, resort to lawfare. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, dubs said:

1) this is clearly a politically motivated and timed event. 

2) No matter what is going on over there the inner working of the NRA don’t change the fact that firearm ownership is codified in the constitution and the only way to change that is to repeal that amendment. But since there’s not a chance in hell that would happen, we see the left do what they always do, resort to lawfare. 

1. The NRA contributes and helps Republicans. Clearly designed to negate that support.

2. NYS is not interested in protecting members from corruption, but to destroy organization

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The NRA should move to Texas and live a very good life. — Dearest Don 

Yo Semite, 

What the F does that mean?

How many years have the Rs been saying this?

Barring committed a serious crime, has any of you lost your guns or the right to buy guns?

Google "NY SAFE ACT".

• Like (+1) 3

Planned Parenthood- The largest killer  of lack people in the country.  Why isn't BLM protesting them? Founded by Margret Sanger, a eugenicist. Read her writings.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Confusing a marketing organization with the 2nd amendment is bizarre.

It's common knowledge, now, that the money NRA members contribute isn't going to theupholding of the 2nd amendment. It's going into the pockets of big-time criminals, yet the same people being fleeced are not complaining about the organization's leaders stealing their money.

Criminals love stupid people.

17 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Freakish obsession with abortion.  

So if I have this right you’re more concerned about closing stores where law abiding people can walk out having purchased a metal tool that MIGHT one day be used to kill someone, than you are with closing stores who’s sole purpose is so that people can walk out having been sold on the idea of ACTUALLY killing someone that very day ? 

• Like (+1) 1