NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

My contract with directv ended in July. Right now I'm paying month to month. I'm gonna try and call to renew my contract and see if they'll throw in the ticket free. Last year I got a 12 dollar a month discount and paid the rest. Talking to directv customer service is worse than having a root canal. Last year I think I was on the phone with them an hr just to get a $12 a month discount on the ticket 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/6/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was reading a comment the other day, with many bars closed, there will be less ways to see games, will the NFL work out a deal with DTV to allow the streaming package to become available to anyone who wants it.  I have a "friend" who watches all the games on line via the computer on one of the illegal streams.  If he could buy just the streaming package, he told me would do that.

We must have mutual friends. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Called today.  Asked for customer loyalty department.  Was immediately transferred to an English speaking (?) young woman.  Tried to be overly nice.  Told her just looking to cut our monthly expenses, and wanted to know if there were any promotions or anything she could do for me.

She put me on hold and offered my $55 off a month for 12 months without having to renew my contract (which has expired).  I thought that was pretty good, but I was feeling lucky so I asked her if she could give me a discount on Sunday Ticket.  She said I was getting it for free this year.  Never got an email....but okay.  She confirmed and I was done.  Cut my bill down by more the 1/3.  Free ST.  I’m cool with that.

I call every 3 to 6 months to reactivate my "expired" promotions.  

Last year for 2 months I had a bill of $95 for a Premier package. 

My current bill is $150 ish with a Sports Package.  

My contract

what contract? 

after 20 years ...  there is not contract.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Steptide said:

My contract with directv ended in July. Right now I'm paying month to month. I'm gonna try and call to renew my contract and see if they'll throw in the ticket free. Last year I got a 12 dollar a month discount and paid the rest. Talking to directv customer service is worse than having a root canal. Last year I think I was on the phone with them an hr just to get a $12 a month discount on the ticket 

Check your account online.  You might already be getting ST Max for free this year.  Might change your “bargaining strategy.”

I finally called yesterday, I have 3 boxes, 2 of them 4K, and the extra package, I told them we are on a fixed income, blah, blah, blah, after some negotiating I got Sunday Ticket, the aforementioned packages and my bill is now $95 a month, not bad

• Like (+1) 1

Trying to decide if I should re-up my student stream account for the season. Between the month of primetime games, and the possibility that large chunks of the season will be on non-sunday days...

Anyone know what happens to those paying for ST if half the games end up on saturday?

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Trying to decide if I should re-up my student stream account for the season. Between the month of primetime games, and the possibility that large chunks of the season will be on non-sunday days...

Anyone know what happens to those paying for ST if half the games end up on saturday?

Haven't heard or read anything on this so far

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I finally called yesterday, I have 3 boxes, 2 of them 4K, and the extra package, I told them we are on a fixed income, blah, blah, blah, after some negotiating I got Sunday Ticket, the aforementioned packages and my bill is now $95 a month, not bad

Did you get it for free last year or did you pay for it?  Also, are you still in a contract or were you month to month when you called?  Thanks in advance for your reply!

18 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Did you get it for free last year or did you pay for it?  Also, are you still in a contract or were you month to month when you called?  Thanks in advance for your reply!

I haven't paid for ST in at least 10 years, I call every year about this time, and threaten to quit, I believe I'm on year to year. Always ask to talk to customer loyalty

35 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Remember when the Bills had to move their game to Detroit because of the blizzard a few years ago and played on Monday night. I believe they wouldn't include that

47 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Remember when the Bills had to move their game to Detroit because of the blizzard a few years ago and played on Monday night. I believe they wouldn't include that

My feeble mind tells me that game was broadcast on the one of the 700 Sunday Ticket channels...I distinctly remember watching it here in Fairfax.

35 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

My feeble mind tells me that game was broadcast on the one of the 700 Sunday Ticket channels...I distinctly remember watching it here in Fairfax.

Yep, DirecTV gave in and televised it

34 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

And that could be. A station in Elmira picked it up so I saw it but thought that the ticket wasn't going to or didn't. I hath same feeble mind

The wife and I just bought a house and the closing date is Sept 25.  Once we move I think I'm gonna finally ditch spectrum and give Direct TV a shot.  2 questions, A) is it a given that they will offer Sunday Ticket as I will be a new customer or do I have to ask for it and B) how often is weather really an issue?

On 8/6/2020 at 10:15 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone make the annual hustle call yet? Wondering if they are doing any special deals given no one can attend games this year. 

I was given the Sunday Ticket for free this year without asking for it.  I have been a customer of Directv since the mid 1990's so that may have something to do with it. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

42 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

The wife and I just bought a house and the closing date is Sept 25.  Once we move I think I'm gonna finally ditch spectrum and give Direct TV a shot.  2 questions, A) is it a given that they will offer Sunday Ticket as I will be a new customer or do I have to ask for it and B) how often is weather really an issue?

I had Directv for 17 years and ditched them... never looked back, went to Sling. I use the alternate routes unless the NFL app doesn't show it.

One thing to note, and this depends on where you live, the NFL app shows live games and you can mirror them to another device... tv, laptop, chromebook... so that is another way to watch Bills games.

16-year DTV customer here, just called to get an MLB charge removed from my bill (when I had already called months earlier to get it removed from my account), and see what new credits might be available. 

I ended my call 100 minutes later having closed my account.  They were brutal.  And oh by the way, told me they could not refund me the $65.99 they had already charged me for the first payment for ST they had collected from me.  How ridiculous is that?

I am hoping they contact me with new customer offers.  They better be good.

7 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

B) how often is weather really an issue?

When I had DTV, weather was only an issue because the installer cut corners on mounting the dish. He only used two bolts on the bracket, not four, and one of the two wasn't in all the way. So when it would start getting windy and rainy, the wind was enough to push the dish out of alignment, and I'd lose my national channels. The local dish was fine.