NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Current, just had to morph into Karen. Just kept asking for loyalty supervisors and finding things to nitpick about. Finally got someone and talked about how long I was on hold and how it hasn’t worked out like I hoped, yada, yada, yada. The last guy agreed to do it for this year and I was good.

I’m wondering what’s going to show up on my bill.  A couple of months ago I called them when I was seeing posts from people who were notified that they were getting ST Max for free.  I got to a loyalty rep who empathized with me but said it was apparently a random thing.  She gave me $300 off my bill as a courtesy.  When I look at my account currently it shows the ST Max renewal but for $0.00.  Next month is when the first of six payments typically hits so I’m curious if I’m going to get it for free or not.  If they do charge me I think I’ll call back and b-I-t-c-h some more.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Colorado Mike said:

As for moving to an apartment that won't allow a dish, I'm no lawyer, but it's my understanding they can't prohibit it, but what they can do is say you can't attach it to their building.  That happened to me back in '99 and as I already had a DTV dish I brought with me from our last house, I went to Home Depot and bought a bucket, a bag of QuickCrete, and a 4' length of white PVC the same diameter as a DTV pole and made my own dish setup on my apartment patio without attaching anything to their building.  Of course I did surreptitiously drill a hole through their wall to run the cable inside ? 

Colorado, I appreciate the concern, but no the complex wouldn’t even allow me to place on a stand on the porch.  It was legal, and I had no recourse.  I called DTV, and they said it was within my complex’s right to not allow it.  I checked with several complexes and all said the same thing.  Maybe if it was an older place, but these nice relatively new ones in parts of FL that have all the bells and whistles are a pain.

Im not complaining as they had a gym like a professional one, a pool are like a five star resort, etc.  I ended up finding the best Bills Backers Bar and Restaurant Just three miles away and made a lot of new friends who were transplants from Buffalo.  Even Steve Christie and his family would go to watch some of the games.  I had the nicest time once spending 15 minutes with his family, and we talked at length about Norwood who is a good friend of his since the Bills time.   Anyway, if you ever get to Brandon, an Eastern Suburb of Tampa, try out O'Brien's for a game in the fall.  You’d love it.  They play the shout song with every score, the announcer has everyone yell out when we get a first down, and so on.   Have a nice weekend guys and Go Bills!

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That cause it explicitly says “‘offer not valid for dumb asses” 

Learn that the hard way, did you?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I apologize if this is covered in the next few pages, but do you have a link to this?

I will 100% pay for this.

So you don't need to subscribe to DTV... you can just get the Sunday Ticket alone?

I put my address in and it said wasn't eligible for this address, same as other years.  I even tried putting in the address of a nursing home, and two assisted living facilities and all of those address were not eligible.  So would really love to see what addresses to actually work.

I do think they may make some type of special offers this coming season as many bars are not open, will see. There's another whole thread about the NFL supposedly having games on Saturdays if college football is canceled.  Will be interesting to see how DTV agrees to this as that would really cut short the number of games available on ST.  Would hardly be worth getting it as some weeks only maybe 4 out of area games would be offered. 

I called over the weekend and basically got nowhere. I got 40 off per month but I had been getting 50. She originally offered me Sunday ticket max for 17/mo for 6 mos if I upgraded but then she realized I already had max. She said no other offers right now. Guess I will have to try again next week. I may just suck at this though 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I called over the weekend and basically got nowhere. I got 40 off per month but I had been getting 50. She originally offered me Sunday ticket max for 17/mo for 6 mos if I upgraded but then she realized I already had max. She said no other offers right now. Guess I will have to try again next week. I may just suck at this though 

Entirely hit or miss in my experience. There is absolutely no uniformity to DIRECTV and their promotions anymore. The ATT buyout was the worst thing that ever happened to their retention department. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/7/2020 at 11:27 PM, Ra-cha-cha said:

Here's an easy way.  Get yourself a good VPN with plenty of US cities (I use PrivateVPN).  Costs about $7/month (and it keeps you secure).  Then sign up for CBS All Access.  Each week, log the VPN into the city who you want to watch and bring up CBS.

You’ve done this for Bills games? This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:20 PM, Chandler#81 said:

I saw where they’re finally offering streaming. No dish or long term commitment  required. 

Obviously, they’re dying..

I’ve been doing this for maybe 8 or 10 years.

Downside of them improving is espn and nfl network games are not part of the deal.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like it is too early to call. I don’t believe the auto renewal has shown up on my bill yet. I am going to give it about 10 more days. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Do we want it to auto renew then call or call before it auto renews?

I could be wrong but I usually wait until I see it show up on my bill as either a notice or a charge. It’s usually around this time. 

there is no exact science to it too; may depend on the credits available to you. If you haven’t tapped into any credits in like the last 6 months, you may be able to get a good deal. 

I am in a weird spot. My wife called about 3 months ago to legit cancel DTV after 15 years. We were going to go to YouTube TV, and I was going to have to deal with it re the Bills (was likely going to get NFL rewind). But they just flat out gave her a $50/month deal (after all taxes and equipment charges) for the next 12 months to keep us. So I am not sure if that means I will have any credits or deals left. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well now.  

made the call after getting an auto renewal post card. 

1st woman had a strong accent.  Couldn’t help and transferred me 

2nd woman kept breaking up. 

I think she said

IF the season is on

then I am eligible for NFL Sunday Ticket at no additional cost. 

told them $50 a month for 6 months was too much.  

and I’ve been paying for a sports package and no sports to watch all year.  

Called today.  Asked for customer loyalty department.  Was immediately transferred to an English speaking (?) young woman.  Tried to be overly nice.  Told her just looking to cut our monthly expenses, and wanted to know if there were any promotions or anything she could do for me.

She put me on hold and offered my $55 off a month for 12 months without having to renew my contract (which has expired).  I thought that was pretty good, but I was feeling lucky so I asked her if she could give me a discount on Sunday Ticket.  She said I was getting it for free this year.  Never got an email....but okay.  She confirmed and I was done.  Cut my bill down by more the 1/3.  Free ST.  I’m cool with that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So I actually cancelled, went all the way through the process. A week later I got a call offering me $90 (!) off for a year with no contract extension. Crazy. I'm paying $30/mo. for three TVs, wireless bridge, and protection plan...

This was after retention initially told me they could only offer me $40 off/mo.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli