NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

20 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

I guess if yo're willing to be persistent and spend a bunch of time being bounced around like a ping pong ball you can probably make this work, but man I hate it.

Unfortunately, this is the what it takes.  It's a complete crap shoot.  Hopefully, next season, a streamer will emerge and offer a per game/team package and other options.

I made the call today and was given NFL package including max & $35 off for 12 months = $820 in cash and prizes DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER!!!!  Not bad for 5 minutes work. Going the nice & polite route always works for me.

Edited by ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!!

Anybody that was TOLD they got the Sunday Ticket free find my post in this thread.

...I was told that I had renewed my $60/month for a year again. Also was told that I'd get Sunday ticket for free.  They gave me the new price and sent it via email. I get next bill and price is correct but ticket is added to new agreed amount. Tried chat, then "loyalty line" and got no where. So I cancelled it. First time in 22 years with out. I should still get most of the bills game on locals but will miss the extra choices. What a bunch of BS.  on the brightside Empire Access is coming to Horseheads this year and now without Sunday ticket I can dump Spectrum and DTV in one swipe!

ATT ruined DTV as has been said here many times.

16 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Anybody that was TOLD they got the Sunday Ticket free find my post in this thread.

...I was told that I had renewed my $60/month for a year again. Also was told that I'd get Sunday ticket for free.  They gave me the new price and sent it via email. I get next bill and price is correct but ticket is added to new agreed amount. Tried chat, then "loyalty line" and got no where. So I cancelled it. First time in 22 years with out. I should still get most of the bills game on locals but will miss the extra choices. What a bunch of BS.  on the brightside Empire Access is coming to Horseheads this year and now without Sunday ticket I can dump Spectrum and DTV in one swipe!

that sucks. 

now call and see if you can get it at a huge discount by calling the standard # 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

that sucks. 

now call and see if you can get it at a huge discount by calling the standard # 

Honestly it was a luxury since I get most Bills local. Like last week I wanted to see how Joe Burrow did vs Tyrod along with the main game.

..At this point  when Empire Access calls it is a new opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

When the DTV deal is done I would like to see the NFL allow single streams at a lower cost. I stream the Sunday ticket and I only watch Buffalo. I think they would make a lot more money doing it this was too.

Maybe do tiers...

Tier 1 - One team, in this case Buffalo

Tier 2 - Your teams division - AFC East 

Tier 3 - Your teams conference - All AFC

Tier 4 - All teams

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, DCBongo said:

When the DTV deal is done I would like to see the NFL allow single streams at a lower cost. I stream the Sunday ticket and I only watch Buffalo. I think they would make a lot more money doing it this was too.

Bolded is questionable to me....most people want to watch THEIR team and will live with whatever games are on networks for the other time slots.  The golden goose is the desire to watch your team out of market.   While streaming would allow more access I think the cost may be higher than you might think...but maybe a little cheaper than the ticket.  Not sure what lower cost means to you.  I would think you are looking at $10-$15 for a single game.  THen a deal on other games

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Bolded is questionable to me....most people want to watch THEIR team and will live with whatever games are on networks for the other time slots.  The golden goose is the desire to watch your team out of market.   While streaming would allow more access I think the cost may be higher than you might think...but maybe a little cheaper than the ticket.  Not sure what lower cost means to you.  I would think you are looking at $10-$15 for a single game.  THen a deal on other games

Whomever gets the streaming rights...youtube...amazon...will pay the NFL a lot of money. It won't be cheap for us to watch

This was probably already addressed by someone else, but the $99 NFL Game Pass is a good deal.  You have to wait until the game is over to watch, but you can choose from condensed games and All 22 as well as the regular broadcast.  If I have 40 spare minutes I can watch a competitive, condensed game.  It’s also good to watch All 22 versions of Bills games to focus on a player or the schemes or just rewatch a fun game in condensed format.  And I gotta be honest, I love the condensed games.  Not only are they time savers, you don’t hear all the inane banter from the booth between plays.  I get a good feeling every time the color guy gets cut off. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mattynh said:

For me, that would be perfect.  I live in Southern CT and get Jests and Patsies.  At $10 a game I'd spend 120 which is less expensive than the current Sunday Ticket.

22 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Beware!!  This just happened to me.  I was told that I was receiving ST Max for free when I called, and I even confirmed by checking my account online after the call.

Today, just as a precaution, I checked my account and not only was I not receiving ST Max for free, I had just paid the first of six $48 installments on my most recent bill.

I immediately called and was informed that despite what I was told I was not eligible for the ST promotion.  I explained the the woman what I was promised and asked her to reference my most recent call to the customer loyalty dept (which I know they record).  She started to walk me through a process by which I could file a grievance with the AT&T corporate office, and I just told her that if I didn’t get ST Max as I was promised that I wanted to cancel.

She put me on hold, and after about 15 minutes, came back and said she got approval to give me the promotion.  I made her update my account and refund my $48+ while I remained on the phone.

Everyone who was promised ST for free CHECK YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNTS!!  

End PSA....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Beware!!  This just happened to me.  I was told that I was receiving ST Max for free when I called, and I even confirmed by checking my account online after the call.

That is exactly what happened to me and my email had new price. I guess I should have looked closer to see if ST was mentioned but thought I was all set. What a bait and switch this is. Not surprisingly by ATT, no wonder John Oliver mocks them all the time on Last Week Tonight

22 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This exact same thing happened to me last year. It was pretty much my last straw with DTV before I “cut the cord”. They are slimy and reps will tell you the Sunday Ticket is free. Then conveniently the promotion isn’t applied. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DCBongo said:

For me, that would be perfect.  I live in Southern CT and get Jests and Patsies.  At $10 a game I'd spend 120 which is less expensive than the current Sunday Ticket.

I forgot about a network games.  My prediction.  $19.99 for the first live game each week.  

On 9/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

I'll add to the evidence here. This happened to me last year almost exactly as Mike and others have described. Very frustrating, and led to me canceling this year. Bought the college ticket through our oldest son and added GamePass for 1/2 price as part of the deal. I was mostly happy with DTV over the years but it does feel GREAT to be rid of all the extra fees they charge. Hope the system changes soon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1