NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

11 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Did you enter promo code? Looks to have worked for people in that thread when reading first few replies.

Heads up to anyone that takes advantage of this package. This year's discount code is TEAMHUDDLE.

cheers to you sir! I almost just caved and paid the full $100 for me and my dads account. Wooooo! Thanks again

51 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Where? Can you post the link? 

Same rules as before. If they determine that your address can receive Direct TV you're not eligible to buy just the streaming package, and they will tell you to subscribe to Direct TV instead. Sunday Ticket is the television equivalent of the free batteries or flashlight you get at Harbor Freight. It's just there to get you into the core Direct TV product. 

Direct TV is really a dumb company. Years ago, before they somewhat eased the restrictions and at least allowed streaming if you couldn't get service in an apartment, we moved out of state to an apartment complex where we couldn't have a dish. Back then, you had to be a Direct TV subscriber in order to stream Sunday Ticket, no exceptions.

Fine. I wanted to see Bills games, so I tried every avenue, even saying I would subscribe, pay for the whole cost of Direct TV and Sunday Ticket with streaming, and just keep the satellite equipment in a box in my closet, since we were not allowed to install it outside the building. That way, Direct TV would get their money, and I could stream Bills games instead of being forced to watch Patriots games or whatever Fox put on every Sunday. 

No dice. They wouldn't allow me to do that. Dish HAD to be installed and verified to work or they would cancel my account. So instead of getting $100(ish) per month PLUs the Sunday Ticket fees, they got zero. 

I figured the cost of going to a couple of games per month was actually more than doing this, and I couldn't make it back to WNY for games due to work, so it made sense. Not to Direct TV, though. 

Nowadays, NFL Redzone Channel has pretty much made Sunday Ticket obsolete in my view. It's non-stop action, and you can sit down at 1 PM and barely move the entire day. No commercials, no breaks in the action, and not a penny in Direct TV's pocket. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Nowadays, NFL Redzone Channel has pretty much made Sunday Ticket obsolete in my view. It's non-stop action, and you can sit down at 1 PM and barely move the entire day. No commercials, no breaks in the action, and not a penny in Direct TV's pocket. 

I disagree with that part of your statement.  My typical football Sunday set up is the Bills on the main TV (thanks to Sunday Ticket) and the RedZone channel on a second TV.  It's really all I need.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Same rules as before. If they determine that your address can receive Direct TV you're not eligible to buy just the streaming package, and they will tell you to subscribe to Direct TV instead. Sunday Ticket is the television equivalent of the free batteries or flashlight you get at Harbor Freight. It's just there to get you into the core Direct TV product. 

Direct TV is really a dumb company. Years ago, before they somewhat eased the restrictions and at least allowed streaming if you couldn't get service in an apartment, we moved out of state to an apartment complex where we couldn't have a dish. Back then, you had to be a Direct TV subscriber in order to stream Sunday Ticket, no exceptions.

Fine. I wanted to see Bills games, so I tried every avenue, even saying I would subscribe, pay for the whole cost of Direct TV and Sunday Ticket with streaming, and just keep the satellite equipment in a box in my closet, since we were not allowed to install it outside the building. That way, Direct TV would get their money, and I could stream Bills games instead of being forced to watch Patriots games or whatever Fox put on every Sunday. 

No dice. They wouldn't allow me to do that. Dish HAD to be installed and verified to work or they would cancel my account. So instead of getting $100(ish) per month PLUs the Sunday Ticket fees, they got zero. 

I figured the cost of going to a couple of games per month was actually more than doing this, and I couldn't make it back to WNY for games due to work, so it made sense. Not to Direct TV, though. 

Yea I have the dish on my house and had Sunday ticket in the past, so I’m probably ineligible for streaming only. I HATE THIS. 

1 hour ago, Nick the Greek said:

Yea I have the dish on my house and had Sunday ticket in the past, so I’m probably ineligible for streaming only. I HATE THIS. 

I am in the same boat so have resulted to buying account off Ebay for cheap. Been doing it for the past few years and it has been fine. Worse case I am out $20-30.

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I am in the same boat so have resulted to buying account off Ebay for cheap. Been doing it for the past few years and it has been fine. Worse case I am out $20-30.

you buy an account? How do you do this? Could you post a sample listing? 

Last week I called and got $60 off a month for 1 year(accepted this offer several times)... BUT, I called today about the ticket, no promos for that, but I did get the equipment fee promo. $25 equip fee waived every month and the best part is, this promo NEVER expires til I cancel service. That's $300 a year on that promo alone (The way I look at it, I'm getting the ticket free every year with this promo).. First I have heard of this promo but I'll take it!! 

• Like (+1) 2

Was able to get Sunday Ticket Max for free today.  I got the benefit of an incompetent AT&T crew smashing some freshly planted flowers near their utility box in our backyard while burying a new fiber optic line for my neighbor.  Trying to figure out if I won in the scenario considering they damaged about $150 of plants?

Got ST Max free after telling them "This is my annual call, sometimes I get it free, sometimes I get a discount.  What can you do for me this year?"  Her reply was "I hope you get it free."  After about 10 mins or less, she gave it to me free!  She also added that "they should always give loyal customers like you ST for free"...I didn't even want Max, I'm just satisfied with regular old ST.  My other discounts roll off in October, she told me to call back the day they roll off and "we'll see what we can do".   I've got to say, I've always, always been treated well by DTV.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/1/2020 at 3:46 PM, nucci said:

you still need Sunday Ticket to watch the games. 

And the App for mobile or Pc

funny I noticed the NFL Sunday ticket app had updated. the icon looked different so I tried to log in

because the season Won’t start for technically 10 more days the app won’t let you login 

so I called to check and rev verify 

that I get it at no cost.