NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

On 8/22/2020 at 4:50 PM, Ned Flanders said:

You are always rolling the dice if you go the a Ebay route with no idea if seller is selling same account to multiple people. However, I have been using this the past few years and it has been fine. Picked up Max from another seller who accepted my offer for $20. Worst case I am out $20 which is the risk I am willing to accept.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

You are always rolling the dice if you go the a Ebay route with no idea if seller is selling same account to multiple people. However, I have been using this the past few years and it has been fine. Picked up Max from another seller who accepted my offer for $20. Worst case I am out $20 which is the risk I am willing to accept.

That's my thought right now.  We get the first week of ST free anyways, so I may try it for week 2.

51 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

How does this eBay thing work? Where do the sellers get the accounts?

41 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How does this eBay thing work? Where do the sellers get the accounts?

Basically, college students who have no interest in watching football sell their streaming subscription username and password.  That’s my understanding anyway.

Students need to have a .edu email address to be eligible.  19.95/month or 79.97 for the season.  Know any college students who don’t watch football?  ?‍♂️

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

6 hours ago, buffalonian said:

I have a kid in college who is going to get the directv streaming Sunday Ticket.  Does anyone know whether that streaming service has a DVR function or whether you can start games on a delay?  Thanks 

Take this for what it's worth, but the Sunday Ticket streaming app that Max subscribers have access to for their phones/etc. does not have those functions.  I don't know if there is a separate streaming app for the non-satellite subscribers (but I doubt it).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just got off the phone with Directv.  Was offered free Sunday Ticket Max, told the guy I received more discounts last year and could he check for anything else. I said 'I hate to ask, but what's the harm'.  I got an additional $30 off a month for a year.  Good deal again.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Just got off the phone with Directv.  Was offered free Sunday Ticket Max, told the guy I received more discounts last year and could he check for anything else. I said 'I hate to ask, but what's the harm'.  I got an additional $30 off a month for a year.  Good deal again.

Show off. 

• Haha (+1) 4

So not be a 4th grader here, but I have two boys in college.  My dad has a direct tv acct and I have his app on my iPad.  So if I wanted to pay the $20/mo., how exactly does this work?  I’m just wondering if I have the direct tv app, and my son sets up a college act., how do I watch the games on my iPad.  I normally just get with my home but in a place where I can’t get direct tv at my current home.

any advice would be helpful and if youd rather pm me, please do so.  Thanks guys.

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

So not be a 4th grader here, but I have two boys in college.  My dad has a direct tv acct and I have his app on my iPad.  So if I wanted to pay the $20/mo., how exactly does this work?  I’m just wondering if I have the direct tv app, and my son sets up a college act., how do I watch the games on my iPad.  I normally just get with my home but in a place where I can’t get direct tv at my current home.

any advice would be helpful and if youd rather pm me, please do so.  Thanks guys.

You will need separate app for NFL Sunday ticket.

Here is list of compatible devices. You would just login with the credentials your son sets up when subscribing to service.

https://www.att.com/support/article/directv/KM1208052/

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks 420.  Appreciate you putting up with a middle aged old fashioned guy who just called and had on his tv for over 23 years.

420 and middle aged guy bonded over DTV Sunday Ticket.  What a beautiful moment.

Edit: Get an Amazon Firestick

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hang on can someone explain to me the college email thing as it relates to DTV? I believe both my wife's sister and brother-in-law have edu emails because they're finishing up school.

So they can get it streaming?

Sorry just noticed his thread was from last year so promo code is not valid.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13263241-nfl-sunday-ticket-tv-u-4-month-live-streaming-nfl-games-80-students-only?src=SiteSearch

Edited by billieve420
Incorrect info

On 8/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, plenzmd1 said:

If you know someone enrolled in college with an active .edu email...the college plan is only $99 

anybody know if this will let me stream it on my TV or only on pc?

I ask cause nfl gamepass won't let me cast it to my tv... something they use to block it

I’ve never called before asking for discounts. I just accepted a job in Skaneateles Falls so I’ll be working there and coming home to California on some weekends. Since I only get Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills and I assumed I’ll be in NY for most weekends and can watch on local TV, I called up to cancel. She asked if the reason was with everything going on I wasn’t interested in football. I said yes and she said in that case they’ll give it me free this year if I want to keep it.

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

anybody know if this will let me stream it on my TV or only on pc?

I ask cause nfl gamepass won't let me cast it to my tv... something they use to block it

I’ve used it for the past 5 years or so while I finished school and now while my brother finishes. You can stream to your tv. I have an appletv and have the Sunday ticket app. Any other device that connects to your tv works as well, but I found that appletv was by far the best and it never buffers. With the same internet connection, chromecast and roku were pretty bad for me. Just my .02.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Called 2 days ago...finally got ST for free and $15/mo for 12 months.  Of course they still charged me for ST, so I had to get back online and have a "chat" and they took of the charge and I was "assured" I wouldn't be charged the remainder of ST.  We will see, but I'm happy I didn't have to pay a dime to NFL this year.

After 7 years of DirecTV, I’ve finally canceled. I contacted the online chat reps multiple times. The first go around, they told me they’d suspend the increased payment for the month since their were no current promotions and to check back next week. I then contacted them again, and was told a representative would be calling within 24 hours for a deal. They never called and after 3 days of waiting I contacted them again, at which point they had no record of any of these communications. Today I finally called and asked for customer loyalty. They gave a pretty good deal, but it wasn’t as low as my previous promotion, so I decided enough was enough, and will look elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1