NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you know someone enrolled in college with an active .edu email...the college plan is only $99 for the stream. 

Our son is in the midst of an MBA program that runs like $80k. To save a couple hundred bucks would make it all worth while. Yay.....

Serious question: How much money do you get back if/when the season crashes? Do they prorate? Keep all your hard earned money? Surely this has come up somewhere. 

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

it's only available if you live somewhere that Direct TV service is not available....

It's in the fine print. Same as always looks like.

FLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students. 

I've had ST for over 20 years, both in TX and CO and this has always been my understanding as well.  About 4 years ago I moved to metro Atlanta and just on a whim I checked to see if I could get the streaming option where I live now instead of getting their satellite service and their site said I could.  Kind of amusing since I live in a single family residence and not only can I get their satellite service at my house, the previous owner had not one, but two DTV dishes for regular DTV plus some international feed.  I'm in no way disagreeing with you,  just saying I think I got "lucky" with a streaming exception.  They still want me to pay close to $300 for it, though.  I've been paying that but might try the college plan router this year.

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Our son is in the midst of an MBA program that runs like $80k. To save a couple hundred bucks would make it all worth while. Yay.....

Serious question: How much money do you get back if/when the season crashes? Do they prorate? Keep all your hard earned money? Surely this has come up somewhere. 

I assume a refund or credit. One week last year there were issues with the feed and if you reached out they did a credit of 20 or so for the week

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

Wait, what??

Yes sir, but I prolly overreached with the .edu. I did sign my son last year , freshman in college... I think just the .edu worked but I could be wrong. 

To be fair, that gets you one stream. I usually have two TVs going.. one Bills, one Red Zone, is that offer no good for me. 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone make the annual hustle call yet? Wondering if they are doing any special deals given no one can attend games this year. 

Wouldn't local fans get the game for free on locally ?  Or the  stadium-attendance cutoff will make it  a blackout ???

10 hours ago, Colorado Mike said:

I've had ST for over 20 years, both in TX and CO and this has always been my understanding as well.  About 4 years ago I moved to metro Atlanta and just on a whim I checked to see if I could get the streaming option where I live now instead of getting their satellite service and their site said I could.  Kind of amusing since I live in a single family residence and not only can I get their satellite service at my house, the previous owner had not one, but two DTV dishes for regular DTV plus some international feed.  I'm in no way disagreeing with you,  just saying I think I got "lucky" with a streaming exception.  They still want me to pay close to $300 for it, though.  I've been paying that but might try the college plan router this year.

Well, I had it for over 20 years and received a dispensation in my last home as the homeowners originally tried to block me, but acquiesced eventually.  My kids are getting older (Divorced) so for a new job I moved to a luxury type apartment and they wouldn’t allow the dish.  Not sure what other option is out there when you can’t get a dish installed.  Now, to the season cancelling thing, my father at his condo has DTV and had the hockey ticket.  Once the season cancelled, he was rebated his $ prorated to what he missed.  When they were still postponing, they wouldn’t do it.  DTV told my sisters and myself fighting for Dad’s investment back, they follow the  notifications from the league, so bottom line is if the NFL officially notifies DTV they have cancelled the season, then DTV will proratedly reimburse the customer.  I think they did it via a credit for the investment so he went several months with no bill.

Im probably going to my favorite Bills Backer Bar as it is a restaurant so we can get into the place.  In FL, if it’s only a bar, they are closed in FL.  It has to be a full service restaurant for them to open and they have to set up tables and seats at least 6 feet away.  I assume it is the same in NY.

16 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm in that boat too.

I have been checking but have not found anything other than there is talk about NFL Ticket going streaming to all.

If @Chandler#81 or anyone else has a link to this deal please post!

If this doesn't happen I'm back to the dark side of the "Interweb" for sure.

Two reasons I don’t watch the streams first they are illegal but more important is the ability to sync the radio feed with the video broadcast been doing this for 14 years

15 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Don’t get me started on DISH. Left DIRECTV for Sling TV (owned by Dish). Then Dish enters a contract dispute with NFL so I have no NFL network and potentially no NFL Redzone. I’m now looking at FUBOTV. Has anyone ever mentioned that “unbundling” and “cutting the cord” is actually worse than what DIRECTV was? 

My fear!!!

We live in the country and our “ high speed” leaves a lot to be desired with drop outs being a regular thing. It’s bad enough when DTV  has a glitch. I can’t risk missing ten minutes of a game.

17 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I saw where they’re finally offering streaming. No dish or long term commitment  required. 

Obviously, they’re dying..

They were doing that last year. But it depends on where you lived. Saratoga was not available...

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

My fear!!!

We live in the country and our “ high speed” leaves a lot to be desired with drop outs being a regular thing. It’s bad enough when DTV  has a glitch. I can’t risk missing ten minutes of a game.

Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Two reasons I don’t watch the streams first they are illegal but more important is the ability to sync the radio feed with the video broadcast been doing this for 14 years

Ugh.  If I was forced to listen to the Murph feed I might pick a different favorite team.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

My fear!!!

Starlink might be available by year's end.

20 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for the link but it looks like the terms have not changed in terms of streaming.  They are limiting to people who do not have access to directtv in their area.

NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students.

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I saw where they’re finally offering streaming. No dish or long term commitment  required. 

Obviously, they’re dying..

They did this a while back.  I stream Sunday Ticket through Roku. 

you can get it if you can’t get Direct TV where you are.  That’s the catch.

Edited by purple haze