NFL Sunday Ticket 2020

5 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Ah, like the swallows returning to Capistrano, the annual August ST thread...the most wonderful time of the year. :death:

I saw the "no dish required" DTV ad on FB and and I opened and it's deceptive advertising...you could always stream if you couldn't receive a signal (as determined by your address and DTV) and that's all this is...same old, same old bait and switch from DTV.

My contract is up August 20th so that's the day I make the call.  

Exactly, I've been thru this before.  I had DTV for decades but now that I'm on a "fixed" income I cut the cord and they won't give me Sunday Ticket

without a TV package.  If i can't stream alone I'm back with "Blackbeard"!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Some students actually "rent" their email credentials on eBay...don't know how reliable or legal, that is.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If someone on the board has access to a reliable student (ie your son or daughter) that is not going to use this service I

would be interested in "negotiating" a deal to get Sunday Ticket.

PM me and we could talk about it!

Thus my offer to members of this board above!

it's only available if you live somewhere that Direct TV service is not available....

It's in the fine print. Same as always looks like.

FLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

My at&t bandwidth is so bad I'd probably be buffering all day. Pass....I'll just call customer loyalty and get as much as I can. This will probably be DTV's last year with ST anyway unless Dish buys them out?

Don’t get me started on DISH. Left DIRECTV for Sling TV (owned by Dish). Then Dish enters a contract dispute with NFL so I have no NFL network and potentially no NFL Redzone. I’m now looking at FUBOTV. Has anyone ever mentioned that “unbundling” and “cutting the cord” is actually worse than what DIRECTV was? 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Don’t get me started on DISH. Left DIRECTV for Sling TV (owned by Dish). Then Dish enters a contract dispute with NFL so I have no NFL network and potentially no NFL Redzone. I’m now looking at FUBOTV. Has anyone ever mentioned that “unbundling” and “cutting the cord” is actually worse than what DIRECTV was? 

After I heard about this I have been giving Vidgo a good look.

https://www.killthecablebill.com/vidgo-channel-list-and-packages/

25 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I have Sling too and was wondering wtf happened to the NFL network... thanks for that.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you know someone enrolled in college with an active .edu email...the college plan is only $99 for the stream. 

Wait, what??

I had great luck this year.  Past years have been more of a struggle.  I had a $60 off for 12 months promotion that expired this spring.  I called and got connected to Loyalty to see if they could replace the expired discount with a new one.  He basically told me that he couldn't, but I should cancel my service, he'd process the cancellation order and that he'd then connect me with the department that handles cancellations but tries really hard to retain you.  (Apparently, there's a higher level of Retention/Loyalty - who knew?)  He connected me and they instantly offered me $55 off for 12 months if I stayed.  I was about to say yes, but they asked if they could do anything else for me.  I asked about Sunday Ticket.  They immediately gave it to me for free.  I asked about ST MAX and they added that on for free.  I was so delighted that I forgot to ask about premium channels (HBO, etc.), which I'm sure they would have given me free for a few months.

In all the years I have been with them, this has never happened.  One year I threatened to cancel, they called my bluff and cancelled me.  My wife was pissed as hell when she couldn't watch TV that night.  I had to call and reconnect.  Fortunately for me, they screwed up the reconnect so badly (the service didn't work for a couple of days) that I ended up, as compensation for their screw-up, getting the Ticket for about $75 for the full season that year.

Streaming isn't a good option for me because I live in the western part of the US.  Games start at 10 AM and due to family responsibilities, I often can't be in front of a TV or computer until later, so I have to DVR the games and watch them later.  When the streaming feature matures technologically and/or they offer more streaming options, I assume that you'll be able to save the stream to some kind of cloud DVR and watch that way.  As far as I know, with today's streaming offering, you can only watch live.

Good luck to everyone.  It feels good to finally be the one who had the good experience with this.  Usually, I read about others' success and am frustrated about my own experience.  I owe this board everything on this topic, as this is where I learned that Sunday Ticket was negotiable.  I had no idea.

Edited by msw2112