Josh Norman Giving High Praise to the Bills

MAJBobby

13 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Actually he doesn't need to talk at all. All most Bills fans want him to do is play the game with skill and effort. His mouth has always been bigger than his game. He has 2 strikes on him now and his mouth cannot save him. He hasn't made this team better yet, frankly he has not made the starting team yet.

Josh N should STFU and play ball.

Calm down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:34 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guy praises team that is paying him millions!!! ?

I will say any team is a huge improvement after the Washington R words.   What a joke franchise.  I will say Norman needs to look in the mirror more and realize that he would have enjoyed if more if he played better.

that said, it’s a great low risk, high upside pick up.

Let’s see how Allen turns out first.  Though I think McDermott is a lock to keep his job no matter what.

He may be saying it for that reason , well I'm sure it's part of it. However I thought he was just stating the obvious and yet being genuine because since he came in the league the Bills really haven't been all that good. I mean it's clear to me that this team is looking pretty strong.

In any event hopefully he can play better than his recent play and I think he will since he knows this system really well. Obviously he is slower but his knowledge hopefully will make up for that in some aspect.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:23 PM, Augie said:

Anybody can miss on a QB in the draft so even if Allen isn’t The Guy (and I am optimistic that he will be), I’d extend Beane too based on the overall body of work. Look, we sure seem to be trending in the right direction, I want to keep that rolling!

I think Allen will be just fine. Lets not forget he didn't have much to work with until last season. Now with Diggs in the mix I think he will do nothing but improve even more than last season.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

You knew things were changing when the new regime cleaned house their first few years. I had been waiting for one of our many new regimes over the years to hit the reset button. Most of

them just allowed the relics of previous failures to stick around. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/8/2020 at 5:17 AM, Niagara Bill said:

Actually he doesn't need to talk at all. All most Bills fans want him to do is play the game with skill and effort. His mouth has always been bigger than his game. He has 2 strikes on him now and his mouth cannot save him. He hasn't made this team better yet, frankly he has not made the starting team yet.

Josh Norman is regularly asked questions by the media (as is the sports media's right) and he gave a glowing review of the organization. Do you want him to please the 5th?

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh Norman is regularly asked questions by the media (as is the sports media's right) and he gave a glowing review of the organization. Do you want him to please the 5th?

No....but after 2 failures he should just play the game. He is not D. Sanders...he is a failed c.b. with a mouth. If he wants to win, just do your job. There are many players on this team who have earned the right to speak. He is nothing but a 2 time loser who has proved nothing. STFU and prove you can play.

14 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

No....but after 2 failures he should just play the game. He is not D. Sanders...he is a failed c.b. with a mouth. If he wants to win, just do your job. There are many players on this team who have earned the right to speak. He is nothing but a 2 time loser who has proved nothing. STFU and prove you can play.

Once again he is asked questions daily by the media is he supposed to just take fines and not talk to the media? You are acting like he isn't saying positive things. You are being hostile to a guy saying the Bills have a good organization 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Failed CB? ?

9 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Are you ok? 

• Like (+1) 1

That’s funny Brit.  Niagara, you know per a previous ruling, I think it was Tagliabue mandated players had to give the media I think 10 minutes a week if requested.  I’m sure someone can look up the rule.  What I read is he just pumped up the talent and the organization of the team.  He wasn’t a two time failed CB.  He was a pro bowl CB in Carolina, but had a mouth and an attitude.  I didn’t hear as much out of him in Washington and he played worse of course, but they also played him not to his strengths, and did not have good secondary talent around him.

If he comes here and when asked keeps to the party line if positives about this team, I don’t understand the issue.  If I had a choice between paying fines and not talking, or just say to the media what a great team and coaches he has in the Bills, I’d go for the latter.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s funny Brit.  Niagara, you know per a previous ruling, I think it was Tagliabue mandated players had to give the media I think 10 minutes a week if requested.  I’m sure someone can look up the rule.  What I read is he just pumped up the talent and the organization of the team.  He wasn’t a two time failed CB.  He was a pro bowl CB in Carolina, but had a mouth and an attitude.  I didn’t hear as much out of him in Washington and he played worse of course, but they also played him not to his strengths, and did not have good secondary talent around him.

If he comes here and when asked keeps to the party line if positives about this team, I don’t understand the issue.  If I had a choice between paying fines and not talking, or just say to the media what a great team and coaches he has in the Bills, I’d go for the latter.

He not only was a Pro-Bowl CB in 2015 but he was also an All-Pro that year. He was also a dam good player in 2014 when he first started and probably should have been a pro-bowl player that year but he didn't start until week 5. He was still a pretty good corner in Washington from 2016 to 2018 even if he wasn't living up to a massive contract. I know PFF isn't the be all end end all but he got grades above 69 (which is a pretty good grade definitely starting caliber) from 2016 to 2018. Fans and the eye test say from 2016 to 2018 Norman was still an average to good player just not living up to his massive deal.

It wasn't until 2019 when he fell off and had his worst season to date. He basically had been a great corner for 2 seasons (2014 and 2015) and a solid one for three seasons (2016-2018) that's a pretty accomplished player. And considering McD was his coach when he had his two best seasons I think he is a worthy reclamation project. Especially since he doesn't have to be as good as he was in Carolina (although if he was this team has by far the best secondary in the league.) If Norman is as good as he was in his first 3 years in Washington he will help this team win. 

So the poster categorizing him as a two time failed CB is epically hilarious since he left Carolina an All-Pro who got a massive 75 million dollar deal.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:17 AM, Niagara Bill said:

17 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Chill out and understand that players have an obligation to respond to questions the press.  If he boycotted talking to the press you would probably have a problem with that too.

We all know his play has dropped off since his All Pro level play.  Perhaps he can recapture his game under McDermott?  He will only play if he earns his reps, that is the McDermott way.

5 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

We all know his play has dropped off since his All Pro level play.  Perhaps he can recapture his game under McDermott?  He will only play if he earns his reps, that is the McDermott way.

It would be funny for Isaiah McKenzie to get more reps.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:17 AM, Niagara Bill said:

Did JN kiss your girl Friend or something...?

Go Bills!!!

On 8/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, 17islongenough said:

It's crazy how the hire of two just people changes everything.  Extend McBeane

Don't forget Coach  Frazier he has been a big part of the culture change.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:46 PM, Doc said:

Failed CB? ?

As I said, he is no Sanders....he is no even close to Gilmore.

His coaches saw his flaws in stop 1 and they showed through big time last 2 years.

If he is to help this team he needs to become a different player and maybe person. He is not a leader, he is a mouth without game to back it up. He has not made this team yet. He has not helped this team yet. He is not Lorax, so far he us just a big mouth.

10 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

His coaches saw his flaws in stop 1 and they showed through big time last 2 years.

If he is to help this team he needs to become a different player and maybe person. He is not a leader, he is a mouth without game to back it up. He has not made this team yet. He has not helped this team yet. He is not Lorax, so far he us just a big mouth.

This seems a bit much, I haven’t heard any drama from him since coming to Buffalo. He played well for McD in the past and has a heck of a supporting cast in that secondary.

Come Back Player of the year candidate.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:06 PM, billsfan89 said:

He not only was a Pro-Bowl CB in 2015 but he was also an All-Pro that year. He was also a dam good player in 2014 when he first started and probably should have been a pro-bowl player that year but he didn't start until week 5. He was still a pretty good corner in Washington from 2016 to 2018 even if he wasn't living up to a massive contract. I know PFF isn't the be all end end all but he got grades above 69 (which is a pretty good grade definitely starting caliber) from 2016 to 2018. Fans and the eye test say from 2016 to 2018 Norman was still an average to good player just not living up to his massive deal.

It wasn't until 2019 when he fell off and had his worst season to date. He basically had been a great corner for 2 seasons (2014 and 2015) and a solid one for three seasons (2016-2018) that's a pretty accomplished player. And considering McD was his coach when he had his two best seasons I think he is a worthy reclamation project. Especially since he doesn't have to be as good as he was in Carolina (although if he was this team has by far the best secondary in the league.) If Norman is as good as he was in his first 3 years in Washington he will help this team win. 

So the poster categorizing him as a two time failed CB is epically hilarious since he left Carolina an All-Pro who got a massive 75 million dollar deal.

Well written 89.  I appreciate you amplifying my answer and agree with you 100%.  The funny part is it’s not that he was paid top $.  It was a one year $6 mil. that can increase to $8 mil. with incentives.  That’s not a big risk for someone who could end up being a solid, maybe better than avg. CB, opposite White, and our Safety tandem.  He wasn’t surrounded by that in Washington.  That team has decent talent in the front seven and even better this year with the Chase draft.

15 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Well, isn’t this a nice fiery take?  I think Norman played really well in McD’s system in Carolina and thus far he hasn’t been a “mouth” — he has been a respectful veteran voice who has praised his new teammates.  Will his play earn significant playing time?  We’ll see.  But your comments don’t seem to fit reality.

• Like (+1) 1