Josh Norman Giving High Praise to the Bills

MAJBobby

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

He doesn’t have to say anything.  They’re paying him whether he says good things about them or not. :rolleyes:

What does that mean?

I mean all you really have to do is look at the difference between what he said and what Diggs said yesterday. But being better than The Washington Football Team isn't a very high bar to clear.

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean all you really have to do is look at the difference between what he said and what Diggs said yesterday. But being better than The Washington Football Team isn't a very high bar to clear.

True but Norman didn’t say anything about the Bills relative to the Washington football team. At least not in the tweets that were quoted here.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

It feels great to have a professional, smart and talented leadership after years of failure.

I remember at the inception,  the term "McBean" was thrown around in a snarky and somewhat derogatory way. I certainly don't hear it as much now, and when I do it as a positive connotation. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guy praises team that is paying him millions!!! ?

I will say any team is a huge improvement after the Washington R words.   What a joke franchise.  I will say Norman needs to look in the mirror more and realize that he would have enjoyed if more if he played better.

that said, it’s a great low risk, high upside pick up.

Let’s see how Allen turns out first.  Though I think McDermott is a lock to keep his job no matter what.

Anybody can miss on a QB in the draft so even if Allen isn’t The Guy (and I am optimistic that he will be), I’d extend Beane too based on the overall body of work. Look, we sure seem to be trending in the right direction, I want to keep that rolling!

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Just watched his interview, certainly a unique individual. I like him.

He has appeared as a special guest on the british tv coverage of the Superbowl the last few years. He is a special guy, no doubt. Unique is the word. 

Hopefully he will be unavailable for pundit duty when the next Superbowl rolls around....

I’m hopeful Norman comes back to even 85% of what he was in Carolina.  He’ll be used right, he knows the scheme, and McD was able to get the most out of him before.  It was nice reading his comments, and I’m bettering the Pegulas do extend Beane and McD, but maybe are just waiting until the end of 2020.  They are both under contract until the end of 2021, and if we weren’t in the pandemic probably would have been extended now.  Like the rest of the world, the Pegulas as going to take a hit with this pandemic for all of their businesses which is probably the only reason they are waiting one last year before they extend them.  I don’t see the Pegulas ever letting this tandem go as they have done too much for this team.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He is an odd one. Listening to his interview yesterday was like listening to some strange stream of consciousness. He didn't really answer the questions either.

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I remember at the inception,  the term "McBean" was thrown around in a snarky and somewhat derogatory way. I certainly don't hear it as much now, and when I do it as a positive connotation. 

Just wait until the first loss. The "McBeane" snarky posters will be back with aplomb...mark my words. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just wait until the first loss. The "McBeane" snarky posters will be back with aplomb...mark my words. 

They're hiding in the weeds right now...waiting for the first blown replay challenge, poorly used timeout, or Pat DiMarco go route...

• Haha (+1) 3

I know it's highly unlikely, but if this guy returns to all-pro form, our D could be elite. I would advise caution on betting the farm on the DT's, though. The backups are backups for a reason and Oliver & Phillips are still unproven. I really hope those two and Epenesa turn out great.

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think McDermott has proven himself as a coach if not a game manager. Beane is still counting on his top picks to emerge. Allen has a long way to go. Edmunds is overrated and Ford still looks lost. Much of our success as well as Beane's reputation depends on those 3 guys.

22 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I think McDermott has proven himself as a coach if not a game manager. Beane is still counting on his top picks to emerge. Allen has a long way to go. Edmunds is overrated and Ford still looks lost. Much of our success as well as Beane's reputation depends on those 3 guys.

You're going to have to fill it out yourself.

wet blanket award Blank Template - Imgflip

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, MAJBobby said:

He doesnt need to talk about how the Perception of the Bills have changed since he has come in the league.  You do start to hear more and more of that from players.

Beasley also talked the new perception of the Bills when he came here.  I think more and more players are going to sign with Buffalo as years go on because it really does seem that player perception of the organization has shifted.

Actually he doesn't need to talk at all. All most Bills fans want him to do is play the game with skill and effort. His mouth has always been bigger than his game. He has 2 strikes on him now and his mouth cannot save him. He hasn't made this team better yet, frankly he has not made the starting team yet.

Josh N should STFU and play ball.