Would you be cool if the Bills traded Tre White for a big trade package like the Jets got for Adams?

Estro

26 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

This was the Bills biggest mistake....not tag and trade.  Look what the Jags got for Ramsey.   They would have had the draft capital to get Mahomes and White.

Yeah - i think beane would have.  But McD and Whaley were in charge at that point.  I'm not sure they had a real cohesive strategy.  

No.  I would not be cool with that.  He’s better than Jamal Adams.  He plays a more important position than Jamal Adams.  He loves his team, unlike Jamal Adams.  He can also play goalie for the sabres if need be.  

I’ll be disappointed if Tre isn’t a Bill for the next 5-6 years, at least.  Preferably his career 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I'm confused, i said we shouldnt trade Tre & if we did anything we should extend him. Idk why you wrote me a huge post countering me while agreeing with me lol

I was fully agreeing, kind of confusing as to how I wrote it. This team's window to win in the next 2-3 years. Tre helps this team win the next 3 seasons far more than 2 first round picks and a second round pick would. Whereas even if Adams was as good as Tre the Jets are several years away from contending with or without him. The draft picks and cap space better fit the Jets window of building a team. 

Simply put the Jets are kind of where the Bills were in 2017 if they had Josh that year hypothetically. If the Bills had a disgruntled Tre in 2017 it would probably make sense to trade him and facilitate a rebuild long term as if you are 2-3 years away might as well take the cost controlled picks. I also think given that Tre is a model citizen and an All-Pro you take care of him as it is best for the team long and short term. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I was fully agreeing, kind of confusing as to how I wrote it. This team's window to win in the next 2-3 years. Tre helps this team win the next 3 seasons far more than 2 first round picks and a second round pick would. Whereas even if Adams was as good as Tre the Jets are several years away from contending with or without him. The draft picks and cap space better fit the Jets window of building a team. 

Simply put the Jets are kind of where the Bills were in 2017 if they had Josh that year hypothetically. If the Bills had a disgruntled Tre in 2017 it would probably make sense to trade him and facilitate a rebuild long term as if you are 2-3 years away might as well take the cost controlled picks. I also think given that Tre is a model citizen and an All-Pro you take care of him as it is best for the team long and short term. 

yep agree on everything u said wholeheartedly... why i was so confused lol.

Only caveat to the comparison of where the Jets are in relation to where we were is that they still have Adam Gase as their HC. But their GM Douglas seems to be better than his predecessor (but that isn't too difficult to achieve) haha

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Can we end this thread now?

hopefully we close all of these Tre threads

As much as I like Tre, in a heartbeat - yes I would. Tre White is probably going to command a $20M + deal. Like other deals that big, Dareus, Mack, Donald it's almost impossible to ever get them to ever live up to the expectations of the deal. No player, even a great one, is going to be there for you play after play year after year. The opportunity cost you give up by having cap hits like that on your roster just kills your flexibility. You need to get super lucky with all-pro talent on super cheap deals in order to sustain any kind of success.

If we can get two firsts and a starting caliber CB from a team that isn't certain to be good, I would do it.

Not OK with it at this point in the Bills' history.  The Bills are perhaps on the cusp of being a great team.  If one thought they were 2 or 3 years away from greatness, then fine, make the trade.  You'll possibly be better for it in the future.  For the Bills, the future is now.  The Bills have a solid overall team, but they need White's shutdown abilities on one side of their defense to maintain their quality on that side of the ball.  The Jets are in a completely different place..  

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Not OK with it at this point in the Bills' history.  The Bills are perhaps on the cusp of being a great team.  If one thought they were 2 or 3 years away from greatness, then fine, make the trade.  You'll possibly be better for it in the future.  For the Bills, the future is now.  The Bills have a solid overall team, but they need White's shutdown abilities on one side of their defense to maintain their quality on that side of the ball.  The Jets are in a completely different place..  

For me it’s more about asset allocation in McDermott’s scheme.   For most teams, trading Tre White would be absurd, but McDermott always has strong defenses and doesn’t usually need a premier corner to do so.  

That said, no, I don’t want to trade him, but I do think it’s an interesting question based on McD’s defensive scheme. 

No.  Tre White is a stud.  You don't get rid of guys like him.

The Jets got 2 first round picks for Adams who is a stud.  If the Jets bomb on those 2 first rounders, which is quite possible, this trade will be terrible for them.  I know there's more to the trade but this was the crux of the trade.

Edited by DCbillsfan

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

For me it’s more about asset allocation in McDermott’s scheme.   For most teams, trading Tre White would be absurd, but McDermott always has strong defenses and doesn’t usually need a premier corner to do so.  

That said, no, I don’t want to trade him, but I do think it’s an interesting question based on McD’s defensive scheme. 

I mean it is a legitimate debate about where you put your cap space. Everyone loves Tre and he's a great player but I would say McDermott is good at coaching up DBs still I don't know ***** I'll just trust McDermott and Beane.

Edited by Warcodered