Would you be cool if the Bills traded Tre White for a big trade package like the Jets got for Adams?

Estro

11 hours ago, Estro said:

Its always stuck with me that one of McDermotts first decisions with the Bills was to let Stephon Gilmorexwalk in FA.  As far as I understand the Bills didn't even extend an offer to Gilmore, and then they used their 1st tound pick that yr to srlect White.  I always thought that McDermott might be a coach who doesn't like to overpay at the CB position as his defenses seem yo perform well without having lock down CB's.

It would definitely hurt to lose a player of Whites caliber short term, but what if the Bills could return a bounty like the Jets got for Adams.  IMO, White is a more valuable player than Adams so I don't think a similar trade package is crazy.

Like I said White is a great player, but hes also going to command about $20M a yr. soon.......and I just don't think its good business to spend that type of money on any 1 player, outside of a good QB.  Id much rather have the $20M in cap space plus two 1st rounders, plus an avg. starting CB if a trade were to go down.

I have a feeling it won't be well received on this forum, but I think it'd be a smart move.  I think the Bills would still have a really good roster and with the extra cap space (by not signing White) and the extra draft capital (two 1st round picks) would be a lot more valuable than just 1 CB in Tre White.

tenor.gif

The only reason to trade White is if they need a franchise QB because Allen became a bust. And since this regime passed on Mahommes, I would not trust them to evalaute or develop another rookie QB. 

All that said, every player including all but a very few elite QBs have a price and if a team overpays you have to listen.

• Like (+1) 1