Would you be cool if the Bills traded Tre White for a big trade package like the Jets got for Adams?

Estro

9 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

He's not going anywhere, but since we're in trade fantasyland, let's go with Tre & Josh for Mahomes. Straight up.

The ironic thing is, isn't that basically what we ended up with by trading with KC so they could take Mahomes?

49 minutes ago, Estro said:

Like when the Patriots traded Chandler Jones, a dominant pass rusher, in the height of their dynasty and went on to win another Super Bowl after the trade

That is an interesting counter point, but I think that is a rare occurrence (I cannot find another like comparison). There was also some belief in the Pats org at the time that he took too many plays off. Tre is a consummate team guy. Now once the player is older.. I agree that it makes sense to move on.

I’ll play along (even though i voted no). If I were Beane I’d be starting with 2 1sts, a 3rd and a player from a bad NFC team that likely picks in the top 10 (Washington, Giants, Panthers). The Adams trade brought back a lot but it was the equivalent of the 8th pick and a player. A top CB should bring back more. Let’s say that the average draft pick for those 3 teams over the next 2 years is pick 8. Obviously that can change and there’s risk but that’s the risk that you take. You’d be looking at 2 top 10 picks plus your own 2 1sts over the next 2 years. You’d avoid making Tre the highest paid CB ever and can allocate that money elsewhere. Some players that I’d be looking at from those teams (in no particular order): Ronald Darby, Antonio Gibson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Anderson, Fabian Moreau, Darnay Holmes, Xavier McKinney, Darius Slayton, Kyler Fackrell, Evan Engram, Jeremy Chinn,  Donte Jackson, and Curtis Samuel. Clearly these guys have different values but it gives you an idea of what we have in mind. 

If I were to consider it (still wouldn’t but):

- Tre and a 4th for 2 1sts, a 3rd, Ronald Darby & Antonio Gibson

- Tre and a 7th for 2 1sts, 3rd & Evan Engram

- Tre & Marlowe for 2 1sts, a 5th and Jeremy Chinn

From the academy Award winning movie Roadhouse, Wesley (Ben Gazzara) to Dalton (Swayze), “how about you come workin for me Dalton, reply,  There is no amount of money”.  Sorry just saw a week ago or so early in the am on AMC.  Hokey movie, but it’s like a car crash, you keep watching when you’re bored before the gym.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t think there’s a player on this team other than Allen that I don’t think long and hard about trading for 2 1sts and a 3rd

Diggs and Edmunds are up there for me. 

Diggs is a proven, top 10 caliber WR, who will be in his prime for years to come.  He also plays a premium position and there's no guarantee 2-1sts get you a Diggs.

Edmunds is a bit different as a LB... but i truly think he could be transcendent once it all clicks... What he can bring to the defense at his size and speed is absurd.  In passing downs the guy can either rush the passer or drop and basically take away the entire middle of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Absolutely not.

Corner is a premium position. You don’t trade away 24-year-old All-Pros at premium positions. 

Tre is a model teammate, model citizen, and elite player. He should be a Bill for life.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And I would pay Tre before I would pay ANY OTHER player on this team at THIS point in time.

But, but, but the salary cap..............But, but, but you need more lottery tickets, not great players.........

You are 100% correct - build the D around him and Edmunds.

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s crazy to think of at this time but the more you think about it, it’s not that crazy.  White is a top3 at worst cb who is super cheap.  He’s about to get really expensive.  This is the easy part of building a team because everyone is cheap.  Everyone is about to become more expensive.  

white would far and away bring the most back.  If you could get as much back as Seattle gave, it’s kinda interesting.  Especially because the one thing I am most confident in this regime is their ability to evaluate d backs.  I think McDermott might be the best secondary developer in the nfl.  I would be confident in them finding a replacement.

this won’t happen and I love Tre.  But if he sits out, he is a year closer to payday and isn’t helping you anyways.  But I won’t hate if they didn’t ask around to see what he could bring back.  

54 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

He’ll never be Tre to me, I call him “Not Mahomes.” 

It’s sucks because Tre’s awesome.  But he’s not a QB.  A star qb is like the only position that you can’t trade.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

He's not going anywhere, but since we're in trade fantasyland, let's go with Tre & Josh for Mahomes. Straight up.

KC will totally be down for this after Allen wins the throw off!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

That is an interesting counter point, but I think that is a rare occurrence (I cannot find another like comparison). There was also some belief in the Pats org at the time that he took too many plays off. Tre is a consummate team guy. Now once the player is older.. I agree that it makes sense to move on.

The Patriots won 3 Superbowls. Same QB, same HC who was also the GM. Nothing to prove. Their team identity was over a decade old. Jones was on an option year and showed up to work ODing on drugs. To win those 3 Superbowls, Bledsoe really held that team back. Changing plays in the huddle, making mistakes. They had a great roster because Bledsoe made them draft higher for over a decade.

Bills are still proving themselves, building an identity. So far they have Josh Allen running downfield getting hit, and the defense keeping everything in front of them opportune to other team's mistakes. They need more players right now not less.

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

From the academy Award winning movie Roadhouse, Wesley (Ben Gazzara) to Dalton (Swayze), “how about you come workin for me Dalton, reply,  There is no amount of money”.  Sorry just saw a week ago or so early in the am on AMC.  Hokey movie, but it’s like a car crash, you keep watching when you’re bored before the gym.

Pain don't hurt Mijo.

So let's break this down. 

1. Draft a guy in the first who you hope will be great on the field, in the locker room, and the community. Check.
  2. He is great on the field.  Check
  3. He is great in the locker room.  Check.
  4. He is great in the community. Check
  5. Trade him

This board never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Biscuit, I understand you’re position, and reasoned, but he’s not a year closer to payday.  If he doesn’t have valid medical condition proven by a doctor, then his year is void, meaning not a year closer to end of rookie contract.  He starts 2021 with only three years in his back and then just pushes off his 4th year to 2021, and then we already placed the 5th year option on him so if we exercise he’s now another year from an extension.

Its as if the year didn’t happen.  I don’t know his medical and don’t want to know it, but nothing has come out he has a medical condition like Star with the heart problem where credited.  2021 is the mirror of now.  His call and his right to do it, but he gains no advantage by doing it.

If the Bills did anything, they should give him a new contract now, with added bonuses to this year, to compensate him for the added risk in playing & to encourage him to play.

That's what you do with one of your best players. You don't trade him (like the Jests would), while Tre is on the fence about opting out. Seems to me that trading Tre would be antithetical to how Beane operates... even just thinking about it seems backwards, but jmo.