How Excited Are You About The 2020 Season?

H2o

Excitement Level  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Stand?

• As Excited As Ever
    • Just Ready To Watch Some Football
    • I'll Watch, But Not As Interested This Year
    • Could Care Less About Football Right Now

I want to see football, but Alf makes a point, I’ll feel even better worse about our team at 4 pm.  Whatever is the decision of players, so be it.  They deserve to make their own choices, but yes, selfishly want the stars who I WANT on our team, not traded away to play.

I think some others said it well, just let’s get to football to stop talking about this other stuff.  Worthwhile discussion, but at this point, most of us are over it.

• Like (+1) 1

I am pretty pumped to get this thing going  and see how it lasts.I am going forward with fantasy as well. 

I am cautiously optimistic we can get through the season without any stoppage due to Covid. There will probably be a lot of unpredictability/ up and downs with rosters this year. 

Now having lost and the possibility of losing more of our players brings me down a bit. If we lose our best corner, I think it hurts our chances. But like I said I will not

rip into any player who chooses to sit out due to the circumstances. Mcd won't accept excuses, next man up and step up. 

We have a pretty nice window over the next few years to be Superbowl Contenders. I am excited to see more growth from our guys especially building some chemistry together with JA and SD!

• Like (+1) 1

I am ready for football, and I am excited about the Bills, but not as excited as I normally would be for football in general.

I've been looking forward to this particular season for the last 3-4 years, because the Bills were coming out west 4 times, and I made plans to see them at least 3 times out here. Especially my home town when the Bills play the 49'ers.

I was hoping to host a big gathering of Bills fans out here and now that idea is all but gone.

I also love college football, and seeing that they have cancelled all of the big non-conference games to start the season, is a huge disappointment.

When we are just a few days away from the start of the season, I will probably be more excited.

• Like (+1) 1

Until the season starts it's hard for my excitement to penetrate the anxiety I feel over whether there will be a season at all. But once it starts, I'll be glued to my TV, tempering my frustration over the hapless level of play in the first few games.

As the game rhythms improve, and the Bills keep winning, my excitement will grow throughout the season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not near as excited..prolly more due to just being worn out mentally. Must admit, not being in the stands has me really bummed out too...thats is more than half the fun to me

If I am lucky, I get to go to one game a year on the weekends before or after Christmas, if the Bills are at home (normally pretty ***** games)...but I totally feel the "worn out mentally" part of your post. I look forward to it, because, I am so desperate to just escape the general miserable vibe that has permeated absolutely everything.  Honestly, the last couple of years, the 3 hours during a Bills game have really been the only consistent escape.  I am mentally worn out too...but I need football as much as ever. I had high hopes for the Bills this year (as we all did), but now those hopes are just that they end up playing something that approaches a normal kind of season.

• Like (+1) 2

Definitely more angst over injuries since we have to also take into account additional attrition from Covid, so each injury will hit depth even harder than normal times, not to mention the risk that the season is canceled outright before the SB is played—however, I’m still stoked to see us take the field in meaningful football, come what may. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am bummed about not being able to travel to Buffalo and be at the stadium.

But...I may be more excited for the opener than in other years. With no preseason and limited media at camp, I have no idea what to expect. 
It does appear the Bills have a good strategy to limit infections at camp. It will be interesting to see how much impact that Bills’ planning and preparation (Beane acquiring Diggs rather than acclimating a rookie WR; sending rookies to their local residence early at camp, etc.) for this unusual season have on game performance.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I am bummed about not being able to travel to Buffalo and be at the stadium.

But...I may be more excited for the opener than in other years. With no preseason and limited media at camp, I have no idea what to expect. 
It does appear the Bills have a good strategy to limit infections at camp. It will be interesting to see how much impact that Bills’ planning and preparation (Beane acquiring Diggs rather than acclimating a rookie WR; sending rookies to their local residence early at camp, etc.) for this unusual season have on game performance.

Not going to the games is what I will miss the most. Tailgating before the game is a big part of it as well as being in the stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t want to get my hopes up as it Feels like it could all come crashing down at any moment in many ways. Key players could opt out or get sick, or the season could simply be canceled.  Normally I would be all “this is our year” and it could still be, but the hype has been replaced with anxiety.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not near as excited..prolly more due to just being worn out mentally. Must admit, not being in the stands has me really bummed out too...thats is more than half the fun to me

You said it really well.   This year has been mentally exhausting.  Usually I am incredibly excited about football as it signals a lot, it comes at the perfect time of the year where work starts to slow down, people are getting ready for the holidays and the fall around here is amazing.   However this year feels completely different, with all the madness around the season, the opting out, the trying to figure out if they can really pull it off I am less than enthused and part of me wished they would just scrap it.  

Say what you want, but I do think a lot of the madness that has been 2020 will slow down after the election.

• Like (+1) 2