How Excited Are You About The 2020 Season?

H2o

Excitement Level  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Stand?

• As Excited As Ever
    • Just Ready To Watch Some Football
    • I'll Watch, But Not As Interested This Year
    • Could Care Less About Football Right Now

Normally, this is the greatest time of the year outside of the Holiday Season for me. Training Camps are getting underway, I'm reading through Dean's write-ups about the activities going on, there is usually preseason football to look forward to, my boys are usually in full swing of their own version of TC for their respective teams, and all begins to feel right with the world again. The anticipation builds in the hope that our Bills are taking another step towards the goal of finally bringing a Lombardi home. This year is different given the state of everything. I'm ready to watch the Bills play, but my excitement level about the game in general just isn't the same. It could be everything going on in the world around us or just the fact that life as a whole is still "off" at this point in time. Where are you all at right now in regards to what you feel about the football season?

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Normally, this is the greatest time of the year outside of the Holiday Season for me. Training Camps are getting underway, I'm reading through Dean's write-ups about the activities going on, there is usually preseason football to look forward to, my boys are usually in full swing of their own version of TC for their respective teams, and all begins to feel right with the world again. The anticipation builds in the hope that our Bills are taking another step towards the goal of finally bringing a Lombardi home. This year is different given the state of everything. I'm ready to watch the Bills play, but my excitement level about the game in general just isn't the same. It could be everything going on in the world around us or just the fact that life as a whole is still "off" at this point in time. Where are you all at right now in regards to what you feel about the football season?

Not near as excited..prolly more due to just being worn out mentally. Must admit, not being in the stands has me really bummed out too...thats is more than half the fun to me

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

None of the above.

I am mostly interested in how this season will actually transpire.

More like who will be the "last team standing".

It will be fun to watch some football however that may play out.

• Like (+1) 3

Thought I would be more excited than ever given we've all been locked up and haven't had sports. But seeing players opt out, seeing how different this season will be, what a **** show MLB is and how the other sports just don't feel right, ehhhh...

I'm looking forward to it but definitely not as much as usual. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not near as excited..prolly more due to just being worn out mentally. Must admit, not being in the stands has me really bummed out too...thats is more than half the fun to me

This is kind of where I’m at and it’s weird. I honestly believe, if they have their whole roster, this team can win the Super Bowl. I haven’t been able to say that in 20 years. Without all of the camp reports and all of the uncertainty out there I’m just not nearly as excited. I’m ready for football but it isn’t consuming me at the moment.

Some of this can be attributed to all of the other sports now going on. We have the NBA and NHL in the playoffs or playoff type of environment. Baseball is in a sprint with every game being more important than in previous years. The PGA Championship starts today. I have enough sports to consume me at the moment that I’m not hanging on every training camp report/interview.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, cd1 said:

None of the above.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Thought I would be more excited than ever given we've all been locked up and haven't had sports. But seeing players opt out, seeing how different this season will be, what a **** show MLB is and how the other sports just don't feel right, ehhhh...

I'm looking forward to it but definitely not as much as usual. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is kind of where I’m at and it’s weird. I honestly believe, if they have their whole roster, this team can win the Super Bowl. I haven’t been able to say that in 20 years. Without all of the camp reports and all of the uncertainty out there I’m just not nearly as excited. I’m ready for football but it isn’t consuming me at the moment.

Some of this can be attributed to all of the other sports now going on. We have the NBA and NHL in the playoffs or playoff type of environment. Baseball is in a sprint with every game being more important than in previous years. The PGA Championship starts today. I have enough sports to consume me at the moment that I’m not hanging on every training camp report/interview.

All good posts and pretty much sums up how I feel. There wasn't really an option to choose that fit for me. I'll be more excited when I see the season actually kickoff. With no hitting in training camp, no live camp reports, and no preseason games, it feels like more of an abstract concept than an actual football season. Couple that with the fact that the season could start and stop at various points or shut down entirely makes it feel like a house of cards precariously ready to tumble at any minute. As Kirby stated, it feels like the Bills are real contenders for the first time in several decades and we should all be feeling more excited than many of us currently are. Life in 2020 (sigh)...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Excitement is way down.

I just don't see how the NFL is going to pull-off a season, without tons of players contracting the virus.

Think about how many active players, practice squad players, coaches, trainers, etc. are associated with a single team.  How do you keep that many people in a bubble and quarantined?  Just doesn't seem realistic.  And unlike baseball, you can't reschedule an NFL game into a double-header down the road.  My guess is that within the first month, the season will either need to be delayed, cut short or completely cancelled.

Combine that with the athletes determined to shove their political/social justice garbage in our face at every turn, it makes me less and less thrilled to turn the games on.

• Like (+1) 1

Football season is the best time of year. If this were a normal year I would be excited more than usual because the Bills are a good team on the upswing. But given the times I know that playing a full season is iffy at best which has me not as excited.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, cd1 said:

None of the above.

This, exactly, for me.

• Like (+1) 1

As always, I'm excited to watch the Bills. :thumbsup:

Right now, I don't think I'll be watching any of the other team's games though, unless they directly affect the Bills. Some of it is waning interest, some of it is not wanting to support the NFL anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Less excited. Sport is just less fun without fans in the stands.

You can definitely see it with baseball but with hockey covering the stands with a tarp it doesn't seem as noticeable. Nothing is normal this year and that includes sports but I think hockey is doing a good job with these "playoffs" so far.

Edited by Greg S

Dying, dying, dying for real football news and videos Because of Covid.
   Life is so freakin bleak and nerve racking that I need the escape.

This team is poised to be special and it is so close I can taste it. I firmly believe JA takes the next step and our O is top 10 .

Can’t wait to obliterate the Jets?

• Like (+1) 2