I’m not sure how many of you are aware of a position being vocalized recently by the post-modernists in their haste to delegitimize objectivity.  Their claim is that even math is inherently white-supremacist, offering that from different perspectives 2+2 may well be equal to 5.

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”

-George Orwell, 1984

• Like (+1) 3

I did see that 2+2=5 absurdity. The left completely lost their minds years ago, but now they just feel empowered to show it. 

There are a lot is issues at play here, but thankfully most Americans are wise to this and are recoiling in horror at how deranged the left is. November is going to be a bloodbath, Biden is toast. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wrong thread.

Orwellian: Teacher Blames 'Western Imperialism,' 'Colonization' for Concept of 2+2=4

Brittany Marshall, a self-described teacher and Ph.D. student, took to Twitter this past weekend to voice her displeasure about the concept of 2+2=4, saying the “idea” of the simple math equation is merely “cultural.”

1984 called. It wants Room 101 back.

“Nope the idea of 2+2 equaling 4 is cultural and because of western imperialism/colonization, we think of it as the only way of knowing,” wrote Marshall. Never mind that the Arabic numeral system we use is not, you know, “Western.”

Marshall goes by the pronouns “she/her” and describes herself on Twitter as a “teacher, scholar, social justice change agent, Chicagoan, PhD student, architecture enthusiast, wannabe math person, BLM always…”

Just the kind of person you want teaching your kids, right?

Her Twitter and LinkedIn accounts have been set to private, but a bio included in a directory of Rutgers Ph.D. candidates says that her area of specialization is “Mathematics Education.”

(Excerpt) Read more at pjmedia.com ...

BLM Teacher Says 2+2 Only = 4 Because of “Western Imperialism”

https://summit.news/2020/07/07/blm-teacher-says-22-only-4-because-of-western-imperialism/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've seen this nonsense popping up here and there lately. I have a real hard time trying to understand any rationale behind it, except as a gauge with which to measure "the movement's" success in generating followers. 

If there's more to it, I'd like to hear it. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I've seen this nonsense popping up here and there lately. I have a real hard time trying to understand any rationale behind it, except as a gauge with which to measure "the movement's" success in generating followers. 

They’re goddamn loons

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Brittany Marshall, a self-described teacher and Ph.D. student, took to Twitter this past weekend to voice her displeasure about the concept of 2+2=4, saying the “idea” of the simple math equation is merely “cultural.”...

Her area of specialization is “Mathematics Education.”

Correcting tests is easy, everyone gets an A. Black eye for Rutgers education department.

Edited by Niagara

2 hours ago, Azalin said:

You're right, this is nothing more than a loyalty test.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, dubs said:

I did see that 2+2=5 absurdity. The left completely lost their minds years ago, but now they just feel empowered to show it. 

There are a lot is issues at play here, but thankfully most Americans are wise to this and are recoiling in horror at how deranged the left is. November is going to be a bloodbath, Biden is toast. 

If only Trump wasn't being such an idiot about COVID.....I mean seriously....all he has to do is spew the normal meaningless bullsh-- that Obama would be doing.....and this whole BLM/Antifa thing would ensure a easy victory against a befuddled old man like Biden.

As it stands, I'm feeling no better than 50/50.   Kinda like the Bills actually beating NE and winning the AFCE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Cinga said:

Well, if you take two and two and add them together once, you then have 2 + 2 + 1 = 5

and there you have my best impersonation of common core math.... 

I actually like common core math for middle through high school. The biggest issue with math at the lower levels is that elementary school teachers by and a large are not good at math and therefore teach the kids math as if they are the final level. I literally have kids entering high school who don't understand that negative numbers are a continuation of positive numbers just on the other side of zero. Common core math only fails at the lower levels when a teacher does not understand that there is multiple accurate ways to understand logic and math.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump abruptly ended a Saturday news conference after a reporter challenged him on a lie about veterans health care he has told more than 150 times.

Trump, speaking at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club, had claimed again that he is the one who got the Veterans Choice program passed -- adding, "They've been trying to get that passed for decades and decades and decades and no president's ever been able to do it, and we got it done."
In fact, former President Barack Obama signed the Choice program into law in 2014. The law, which allowed eligible veterans to be covered by the government for care provided by doctors outside the VA system, was a bipartisan initiative spearheaded by two senators Trump has repeatedly criticized, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and the late John McCain of Arizona.
What Trump signed was a 2018 law, the VA MISSION Act, that modified and expanded the eligibility criteria from the Choice program. Rather than tout that bill, Trump has claimed over and over that he created Veterans Choice itself -- after others had failed for "50 years."

"Why do you keep saying that you passed Veterans Choice?" CBS News White House correspondent Paula Reid asked Trump at the Saturday news conference, during which Trump announced executive actions on coronavirus relief.
As Trump tried to call on another reporter instead, Reid continued, "You said that you passed Veterans Choice. It was passed in 2014...it was a false statement, sir."
Trump paused, then responded: "OK. Thank you very much, everybody." He then walked away as the song "YMCA" played.