Best restaurants in the Buffalo area

Brennan Huff

On 8/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, LabattBlue said:

Allow me to beat this dead horse, like I do whenever their name is mentioned...

F Schwabl's.  The way the owners treated that senior citizen after she had an accident into the side of the building was embarrassing.  They will never see a penny from me.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/friends-of-injured-driver-have-beef-with-schwabl-s-sign/article_a5c316c8-4bf8-5ecc-8547-428353d06fcd.html

Overated joint in west seneca in my opinion 

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You do window/case fabrication? Very cool. 

I do..........

I handle anything related to wine storage, both residential and commercial. Glass, refrigeration (no names mentioned, Uniland screwed up that cooling system), racking, lighting, you name it.

It's one of three things I'm an "expert" at in life. Another is talking junk around here!

*waits for @Augie to ask the inevitable question*

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 11:47 AM, teef said:

i like to think of it more as fat and sassy.

honestly, the portions can keep you eating for days, and was perfect for someone who was broke.  the first time i went there i ordered meatballs for a side.  when the waitress asked how many i wanted, i said two.  she looked at me and asked if i was sure.  well, of course i was sure.  when they came out, it was like i had two softballs served to me.  you think she would have given me a heads up.

She did when she asked if you were sure - ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I do..........

I handle anything related to wine storage, both residential and commercial. Glass, refrigeration (no names mentioned, Uniland screwed up that cooling system), racking, lighting, you name it.

It's one of three things I'm an "expert" at in life. Another is talking junk around here!

*waits for @Augie to ask the inevitable question*

I’m NOT talking about your junk, but one thing has become clear. Your reputation had preceded you in Nashville. They heard your Sauvignon Blanc order at Bar Louie’s but just assumed you wanted them to keep it in storage. That has to be what happened! 

7 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I do..........

Mmmm do you travel to install? ?

But seriously, how come every stinkin' wine cooler we bought went kaput at the 2 year and one month mark (conveniently right after the warranty expired.... hmmm I may have just answered my own question)?  I resolved the issue by switching to reds, but if there was an actual wine refrigeration system that worked...

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

But seriously, how come every stinkin' wine cooler we bought went kaput at the 2 year and one month mark (conveniently right after the warranty expired.... hmmm I may have just answered my own question)?  I resolved the issue by switching to reds, but if there was an actual wine refrigeration system that worked...

Yes, and PM me. This is my job!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

Yes, and PM me. This is my job!

How long is your warranty? :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, thebandit27 said:

Roost is the best restaurant in town.

By a significant margin.

I heard about Roost shortly before COVID hit and I’ve been champing at the bit to go.

Some Other good recommendations here.  I’ll add Prescott’s Provisions in NT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I heard about Roost shortly before COVID hit and I’ve been champing at the bit to go.

Go. It will be one of the best meals you have in WNY.

And if you’re not excited about dining out during a pandemic, order a rotisserie chicken for pickup. If it isn’t the best rotisserie chicken you’ve ever had, you can blame me.

Best part about that place is that large parts of the menu change every few weeks, so you can go over and over and always have something new to choose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:59 AM, Brennan Huff said:

I live in WNY but I’m closer to PA than I am to Buffalo. I frequent Buffalo often (before all this craziness) and I’m always looking for new places to eat. Anyone got any good suggestions? Obviously no chains...

I have recommended this restaurant before - Sun Cuisines, a Burmaese, Thai and Japanese restaurant. https://www.suncuisines.com/  I have only been to location on west side of Buffalo near Black Rock where some of my family lives.  1989 Niagara St., Buffalo, NY 14207  716-447-0202.  I know they have a number of customers from Japanese temple in area my aunt used to go to before her age and health kept her inside.  There is another restaurant in Williamsville. i discovered it via a tourist magazine when visiting Niagara Falls.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

LOVE Prescott's Provisions. That is a great recommendation.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I have recommended this restaurant before - Sun Cuisines, a Burmaese, Thai and Japanese restaurant. https://www.suncuisines.com/  I have only been to location on west side of Buffalo near Black Rock where some of my family lives.  1989 Niagara St., Buffalo, NY 14207  716-447-0202.  I know they have a number of customers from Japanese temple in area my aunt used to go to before her age and health kept her inside.  There is another restaurant in Williamsville. i discovered it via a tourist magazine when visiting Niagara Falls.

Ok, for the Sun... the Niagara street restaurant is much better than the one out on Main street in Williamsville, IMO.  I have no idea why, but it is. Get the black rice if you go there.  ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

LOVE Prescott's Provisions. That is a great recommendation.

Ok, for the Sun... the Niagara street restaurant is much better than the one out on Main street in Williamsville, IMO.  I have no idea why, but it is. Get the black rice if you go there.  ?

#allricematters

• Haha (+1) 1

So much off a "best restaurant" list!  Not many are naming good restaurants here.

In addition to some of the names I've seen (Hutch's, Sear, etc.), I would add:

San Marco, Buffalo Chophouse, Tempo, The Left Bank.

I think I'd put Tempo at #1.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Sun was great when I lived off Elmwood.

On 8/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, Brennan Huff said:

Guys, I ended up going to the Outback Steakhouse.....

Heresy!  You're probably the type of person who orders ranch with their wings too!  I kid, but if you're into a cold one that's brewed on site with your food try some of the local breweries.  Some notable ones in the City are Big Ditch, Beltline, Gene Mcarthey's, Riverworks and Thin Man.