Best restaurants in the Buffalo area

Brennan Huff

I grew up in Buffalo but moved out as a child.  However, I usually visit once or twice a year.  The places I go are usually a bar type places which aren't that fancy.  The ones where I always like the food are:

Audubon North- Buffalo off Sweethome

Mammoser's- Hamburg

Charlie the Butchers- Williamsville

Elmos- Getzville

• Like (+1) 1

BarBill Tavern (EA) - Wings and Beef on Weck

Schwabels (West Seneca) - Beef on weck is good but the German food there is excellent

Gabriel's Gate - bar food but great wings, etc.

LaBella Sicilia (Cheektovegas) has great homestyle italian food.

Eileen's Centerview bakery (West Seneca) - breads, pastries, coffee cakes

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Schwabels (West Seneca) - Beef on weck is good but the German food there is excellent

A couple years ago I went straight to Schwabl’s after landing at the airport. The beef on weck was as amazing as I had dreamed of, but the German potato salad was the big shocker. I had to pick a side, and I had forgotten how good that potato salad was! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

A couple years ago I went straight to Schwabl’s after landing at the airport. The beef on weck was as amazing as I had dreamed of, but the German potato salad was the big shocker. I had to pick a side, and I had forgotten how good that potato salad was! 

The potato pancakes are amazing as well.

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

Average and fat.............why you gotta put down Buffalo!???!!

i like to think of it more as fat and sassy.

honestly, the portions can keep you eating for days, and was perfect for someone who was broke.  the first time i went there i ordered meatballs for a side.  when the waitress asked how many i wanted, i said two.  she looked at me and asked if i was sure.  well, of course i was sure.  when they came out, it was like i had two softballs served to me.  you think she would have given me a heads up.

20 minutes ago, teef said:

i like to think of it more as fat and sassy.

honestly, the portions can keep you eating for days, and was perfect for someone who was broke.  the first time i went there i ordered meatballs for a side.  when the waitress asked how many i wanted, i said two.  she looked at me and asked if i was sure.  well, of course i was sure.  when they came out, it was like i had two softballs served to me.  you think she would have given me a heads up.

Don't forget about this one ... https://tinyurl.com/y32lcs59

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

The potato pancakes are amazing as well.

Dude.......the hidden gem of Schwabls.

50 minutes ago, teef said:

outstanding.   that may be the nicest applebees i've ever seen.  most look like they've been stained with grease.

@Royale with Cheese

2 hours ago, teef said:

is frank's sunny italy still open for business?  the place had average italian food, but the portions were shocking.

I think Mulberry's in Lackawanna is dope, if you need Italian.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Gabriel's Gate is solid for sure with the wings but their fish fry isn't to be missed,  it is excellent. The portion was so big it hung 2-3" off of either side of the plate, the size of a forearm. Sides are good too. 

s_b9b32506-bf6d-4ffc-9708-4621aafc23ae.jpg

Edited by T&C

Treat yourself to a 2am strip steak and off-menu wings at Mother’s. 

There’s been plenty of good popping up in Buffalo the last 10 years, but Mother’s is my all time favorite Buffalo dining experience, going back at least 20 years.  Come as you are, tee shirt or three piece suit and no one bats an eye. Love it.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, T&C said:

Gabriel's Gate is solid for sure with the wings but their fish fry isn't to be missed,  it is excellent. The portion was so big it hung 2-3" off of either side of the plate, the size of a forearm. Sides are good too. 

s_b9b32506-bf6d-4ffc-9708-4621aafc23ae.jpg

That's a menu, not a fish fry............

(had it, it's delicious. All B-Lo fish frys that hang off the plate are amazing)

33 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Treat yourself to a 2am strip steak and off-menu wings at Mother’s. 

There’s been plenty of good popping up in Buffalo the last 10 years, but Mother’s is my all time favorite Buffalo dining experience, going back at least 20 years.  Come as you are, tee shirt or three piece suit and no one bats an eye. Love it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

The meatloaf there is amazing, and the vibe is exactly how you describe it. I love how it's hard to find. Hidden gem.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Allow me to beat this dead horse, like I do whenever their name is mentioned...

F Schwabl's.  The way the owners treated that senior citizen after she had an accident into the side of the building was embarrassing.  They will never see a penny from me.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/friends-of-injured-driver-have-beef-with-schwabl-s-sign/article_a5c316c8-4bf8-5ecc-8547-428353d06fcd.html

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thank you (+1) 1