Allen vs Mahomes Throw-Off Challenge Officially On?

One of my favorite things to do on a basketball court is see how far a distance I can shoot it in from.  One time I made it from the other 3 point line across mid court.  So I can get the fun aspect of it

But yeah even “friendly” competition here just seems kinda immature to an extent 

They just announced that they will also hold a "My Dads Stronger" contest as well. Seriously though just let the guys have a little fun and make some coin for charity. Oh yeah and go Josh.

Do we really think the coaches/team will ever let this throw off happen ? These 2 being as competitive as they are just launch one with every thing they have because 1 or the other might need a big throw to win and something weird happens and the throw messes up their arm in some way out for how ever long to recover .

I don't see the teams letting this happen with out some kind of stipulation that they have to not go nuts at ripping it down field as to some what insure they won't hurt them selves in the process especially in KC's camp !

Dude has signed a $500 Mill contract paid in to be a minority owner of the Royals but he screws up his arm in a contest that has nothing to do with the putting the team in position to win another championship out for 8 weeks ? I don't think it happens or at the very least it has a lot of stipulations surrounding the throw off  . 

4 hours ago, T master said:

Do we really think the coaches/team will ever let this throw off happen ? These 2 being as competitive as they are just launch one with every thing they have because 1 or the other might need a big throw to win and something weird happens and the throw messes up their arm in some way out for how ever long to recover .

I don't see the teams letting this happen with out some kind of stipulation that they have to not go nuts at ripping it down field as to some what insure they won't hurt them selves in the process especially in KC's camp !

Dude has signed a $500 Mill contract paid in to be a minority owner of the Royals but he screws up his arm in a contest that has nothing to do with the putting the team in position to win another championship out for 8 weeks ? I don't think it happens or at the very least it has a lot of stipulations surrounding the throw off  . 

They were already going to do it this summer till things got all covidy.

17 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I enjoyed the interview.

Especially Kay looking good in a Bills shirt.

Kay.thumb.jpg.03776e2c0f022de538ad94ae329744d5.jpg

I think Kay would look good in (or out of) just about anything, but I agree with your sentiment.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Troy just said in the packers bucs game that he saw josh throw it 85 yards and no one that he’s ever seen has a stronger arm than josh.fwiw. 

Which I found weird because Allen himself said the furthest he has ever thrown is 83 yards.  Never trust a Dallas Cowboy...ever.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

This nonsense is like a HR derby at the MLB All Star Break. It proves nothing and mess's up what you normally do. Just look how many MLB players have crap 2nd halfs after participating and as @klos63 just said a way to injure your arm.

I agree stuff like this is gimmicky crap.

Thing is, a faction of sports fans out there get off on this type of thing.

I assume mostly kids, but probably some older ones too.

The home run derby thing seems quite popular, which has always amazed me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Never heard this before.  

It's kind of irrelevant since JaMarcus Russell was such a dud otherwise.  I don't recall if the Raiders ever started him at all.  He had been a first overall draft pick and was like 6'6" and 250 lbs.

Edited by TigerJ

32 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It's kind of irrelevant since JaMarcus Russel was such a dud otherwise.  I don't recall if the Raiders ever started him at all.  He had been a first overall draft pick and was like 6'6" and 250 lbs.

Remember when they gave him blank video cassettes and told him it was game film and he lied to the coaches about watching it?  Dude was a waste case.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Remember when they gave him blank video cassettes and told him it was game film and he lied to the coaches about watching it?  Dude was a waste case.

Never heard that story, but it fits.