Allen vs Mahomes Throw-Off Challenge Officially On?

25 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t care if they do it as the likelihood of them getting hurt is minimal.  Remember Rodgers Hail Mary for about 70 yards a couple of years ago.  It’s not like he threw out his shoulder. I don’t see it happening until they have fans to pay for attendance and that won’t happen for at least a year if they are trying to raise $ for charity.  Unless people are stupid enough to bet on it and give the winnings to charity.  Seems very Middle School.

I agree. Sure there is a minuscule opportunity for one or both to get hurt. But at the end of the day, it’s stupid. Like i said; if they do it for a good charity, fine. My money’s on Allen

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes has so many items written into his contract 

While Mahomes has now signed a contract containing the money he deserves, with his new deal come more restrictions about what he can and cannot due in his spare time. During a recent interview with 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City, Mahomes spoke about some of those physical activity prohibitions included in his new contract.

They have like everything from jet skiing to, I don't know what all the things are. I read a lot of them. It's pretty much every physical activity you could possibly do. I'll probably be sticking with football and video games for now." 

Sorry to burst the bubble.

(slinking away)  

9 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This nonsense is like a HR derby at the MLB All Star Break. It proves nothing and mess's up what you normally do. Just look how many MLB players have crap 2nd halfs after participating and as @klos63 just said a way to injure your arm.

Mostly considered a myth at this point.  https://sabr.org/journal/article/home-run-derby-curse-fact-or-fiction/

29 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Can they also do a fastball test?  Like - throwing the ball far has a lot of factors.  Just have them whip fastballs indoors and you don't even need to set anything up.  In fact... they already did this at the NFL combine

Allen threw 62, and Mahomes threw 60.  

Mahomes threw 55.

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

• Like (+1) 1

Can anyone cite an injury to a professional QB from throwing the ball as far as they can? 

I can believe average Joe 6 pack throwing out his rotator cuff trying to throw a football. I can't believe an NFL level professional athlete throwing out his rotator cuff by throwing a football. 

I think it would be a cool competition to have if they are raising $$ for charity

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

While Mahomes has now signed a contract containing the money he deserves, with his new deal come more restrictions about what he can and cannot due in his spare time. During a recent interview with 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City, Mahomes spoke about some of those physical activity prohibitions included in his new contract.

They have like everything from jet skiing to, I don't know what all the things are. I read a lot of them. It's pretty much every physical activity you could possibly do. I'll probably be sticking with football and video games for now." 

(slinking away)  

Somehow I doubt throwing a football is on that list.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

(slinking away)  

Video games are known for causing issues in hands, wrists and elbows especially those who play extended periods.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree....can't see Andy & Sean signing off on this. But it would be cool to see.

Sean doesn't have to sign off on it. Josh doesn't have all those clauses in his contract

The difference between a homerun derby and a throw off, is a home run derby makes you adjust your swing to swing for the fences

that could potentially adjust your swing for a little bit.

Josh doesn't have to change his throwing mechanics for a one time throw off

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sean doesn't have to sign off on it. Josh doesn't have all those clauses in his contract

The difference between a homerun derby and a throw off, is a home run derby makes you adjust your swing to swing for the fences

that could potentially adjust your swing for a little bit.

Josh doesn't have to change his throwing mechanics for a one time throw off

Bingo. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1