Allen vs Mahomes Throw-Off Challenge Officially On?

1 hour ago, Sharp1128 said:

Apparently Josh has accepted the challenge. When will it happen, who do you have??

I know, I know......TMZ ? 

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/08/05/josh-allen-patrick-mahomes-throw-off-distance-nfl-bills-chiefs/

I sorta remember the story when Elway was at Stanford and someone tried to get him to do something like this, he was told by a coach that he should never try to throw the ball as far as he can because that's how you can injure your arm. I would rather they not do this. I would like to see both QB's play for another 10 healthy years at least.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I sorta remember the story when Elway was at Stanford and someone tried to get him to do something like this, he was told by a coach that he should never try to throw the ball as far as he can because that's how you can injure your arm. I would rather they not do this. I would like to see both QB's play for another 10 healthy years at least.

I'm sure both will be okay. Its a good story involving 2 faces of their franchises. If it happens Week 6 before the Chiefs game, there's gonna be a lot of hype for that game & for the throw off. I doubt either one of them will throw it so hard that they'll risk injury. Its just a playful exhibition between 2 of the leagues young stars.

I'm surprised so many are down on this.

But i bet when Josh wins all you guys will be cheering & going "Eff yea Josh LETS GO!... GO BILLS!"

And if you're not doing that, what is wrong with you? :P

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 1

Didn't there used to be throwing competitions at the probowl, specifically furthest distance? I specifically remember Peyton, Bledsoe and Favre competing in it.  Early 2000s/late 90s perhaps? 

If it's at the end of the season then I don't care all that much about injury risk. 

Edited by delirious
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, delirious said:

Didn't there used to be throwing competitions at the probowl, specifically furthest distance? I specifically remember Peyton, Bledsoe and Favre competing in it.  Early 2000s/late 90s perhaps? 

If it's at the end of the season then I don't care all that much about injury risk. 

Yeah, they did

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This nonsense is like a HR derby at the MLB All Star Break. It proves nothing and mess's up what you normally do. Just look how many MLB players have crap 2nd halfs after participating and as @klos63 just said a way to injure your arm.

Just so you guys know, I would guarantee josh has tried to throw the ball as far as he can hundreds of times before. He even tried to throw it out of the stadium this year DURING A GAME.

The idea that a one off silly contest of something that Josh has done before is going to either A. Screw up his game or B. Cause a long term injury is just some weird form of BBFS.

• Like (+1) 2

Allen said they’re “working on it.” Personally i couldn’t care less BUT Allen did mention Mahomes’ charity when speaking about the throw off so if it raises money for a good cause whatever. Last thing we need though is the face of the NFL and/or our starting QB throwing their arms out in a BS skills comp

1 hour ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Both of these guys need to spend an hour, sitting alone in a comfy arm chair in a quiet room, and contemplate this question:

"Why does it matter?"

They keep getting asked about it so there is seemingly interest that they can use for charity and if nothing else they won't get that question as much anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Allen says they're working on it.

Which is what he said last offseason as well.

Nothing new there. Pretty sure they won't do this during COVID. Eventually, though, as it supports charity. Why not?

The charity tie-in is good. Otherwise I’d say no thank you I’d rather not risk either of these guys throwing their arms out. But if it raises some money for a legit charity? Fine with me

I don’t care if they do it as the likelihood of them getting hurt is minimal.  Remember Rodgers Hail Mary for about 70 yards a couple of years ago.  It’s not like he threw out his shoulder. I don’t see it happening until they have fans to pay for attendance and that won’t happen for at least a year if they are trying to raise $ for charity.  Unless people are stupid enough to bet on it and give the winnings to charity.  Seems very Middle School.

• Like (+1) 1