Potential Tre White replacements In 2020 if he opts out

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't in the same universe as Tre. He is at his best inside as a slot. 

As is Taron Johnson. Any other names you can think of? I don’t foresee trading for anyone, since it is only for one year, but I guess you could look at it as more long term since Norman will probably be gone next year and will need replaced. 

should have kept Kevin Johnson 

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Norman or Levi Wallace.  

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As is Taron Johnson. Any other names you can think of? I don’t foresee trading for anyone, since it is only for one year, but I guess you could look at it as more long term since Norman will probably be gone next year and will need replaced. 

should have kept Kevin Johnson 

Definitely should’ve kept Johnson in hindsight. Prior to losing EJ and Tre possibly opting out, the move made more sense.  Tre, Norman, Levi and EJ is a solid unit of corners that can play the boundary. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If White played in the slot I might

Who do you suggest then?

He isn't strictly a nickle corner. He plays all over the field - including outside. Norman also has flexibility. And I have no doubt McDermott would make it work as a system. And looking at what's available, i'd take Ryan as a strictly outside corner over any strictly outside CB that's out there.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Who do you suggest then?

He isn't strictly a nickle corner. He plays all over the field - including outside. Norman also has flexibility. And I have no doubt McDermott would make it work as a system. And looking at what's available, i'd take Ryan as a strictly outside corner over any strictly outside CB that's out there.

I think Logan Ryan is crazy overrated. He is a decent DB in the slot and that's basically it imo

I would take any vet in the Talib/Carr/Kirkpatrick variety before him, I think Logan Ryan as CB1 would be a disaster

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think Logan Ryan is crazy overrated. He is a decent DB in the slot and that's basically it imo

I would take any vet in the Talib/Carr/Kirkpatrick variety before him, I think Logan Ryan as CB1 would be a disaster

I agree. His numbers last year when they did use him more on the outside were pretty dire. 

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't in the same universe as Tre. He is at his best inside as a slot. 

does Tre Says someting about opts out or this is all about speculation????????????

21 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Talib is 34 years old, coming off an injury, and has played a total of 13 games in the past two seasons. Carr is also 34 years old. Kirkpatrick is coming off hyper extending his knee just last November. 

Let's be honest, if White opts out, there's no one who will be able to step into that true CB1 role. All we can do is put the best combination of flexible CB's as we can out there and trust in our DB mastermind of a coach to make it work. Hell, maybe sign Ryan AND Carr. But I can't wrap my head around the idea that signing Ryan would be a bad move for a lacking Corner situation.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1