Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

9 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Whichever team wins the chip this season should get all the props.  This will be be a challenging season and navigating it will take some doing.

This season will be much more impressive than years past, especially with respect to coaching.  Finding a way to win games with opt outs, playing in a new environment, and potential positive tests will so much more challenging than in past years.  I think this years championship will be the "coach's championship"

If we win the Super Bowl this year, I won’t mind at all... give us ALL the asterisks.... because we’ll be back again the following year, and the year after.   

If we’re truly that good, Beane has built this thing for a sustained run. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I truly and honestly believe that this team really could win the Super Bowl this year.

It would be the most Billsy thing ever—win the whole enchilada when fans can’t attend and in a year when everyone can “yeah but” your victory.

And guess what: I won’t mind at all. Count it.

Very difficult to win a Super Bowl without an elite QB.

Yes, it's been done a few times in the history of the game.

There is at least 1 tier of team better than the Bills in this league, if not 2 or 3.

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

There is at least 1 tier of team better than the Bills in this league, if not 2 or 3.

It has been done plenty of times; 2 out of the last 5 seasons and 3 out of the last 8 as a matter of fact.

And no, there aren’t 2 or 3 “tiers” of teams better. The Bills were one score away from beating each of the teams you presumably have in those tiers (at least the ones they faced), and that was with the worst group of pass catchers in the game.

They've gotten better on paper in pretty much every area, so I’m not sure why there would be such a rush to throw water on the idea.

Edited by thebandit27

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It has been done plenty of times; 2 out of the last 5 seasons and 3 out of the last 8 as a matter of fact.

And no, there aren’t 2 or 3 “tiers” of teams better. The Bills were one score away from beating each of the teams you presumably have in those tiers (at least the ones they faced), and that was with the worst group of pass catchers in the game.

They've gotten better on paper in pretty much every area, so I’m not sure why there would be such a rush to throw water on the idea.

It's called "DebbieDowner-itis"...and there is no cure, unfortunately.

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just checking to see if we are still drinking or that was just last night? (hic)

I mean..... it IS Friday.... 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

2 or 3???? 

Lol. ^^^^^ THIS GUY. 

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Best leave yourself some wiggle room on these sorts of takes. :flirt:

On 8/6/2020 at 11:53 AM, whatdrought said:

And be fined accordingly. At that point it’s merely a holdout and unexcused absence. 

The opt out window is agreed upon by the NFL and the Players Union to give the players enough time to make their decision while also not leaving it open ended to ruin any chance a team has to focus on the season/plan accordingly.

There isn’t going to be any new revelation or development about this virus that would affect the individual and not the league as a whole

You're kidding right?  Are you paying attention to MLB now at all, or schools opening, or anything else?  There are new significant developments nearly every week.

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

You're kidding right?  Are you paying attention to MLB now at all, or schools opening, or anything else?  There are new significant developments nearly every week.

Re-read what I wrote and try again. (maybe after a second cup of coffee ? )

There isn’t anything that’s going to happen that will change the foundation of the situation that doesn’t also change how the league reacts. If something huge comes up, the league will change the overall scope of things. 

On 8/6/2020 at 8:40 PM, nedboy7 said:

I am a Bills fan.  I still check the news once in a while.  Is that ok with you? 

So you do not give a ***** about overwhelmed medical facilities and doctors putting their lives on the line to save people?  Be glad you live in America.  Cause these restrictions are a joke compared to the rest of the world. 

Where were all the restrictions for bird flu, swine flu, sars, ebola, etc??? But now its making a difference??? Medical facilities are not overwhelmed, they show old news of filled hospitals and proclaim the world is overwhelmed when in reality nurses were laid off because of nothing to do, try looking at other media besides the mainstream media.