Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

12 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I get what you are saying.  I am completely detached from football this summer.  My work is hands on with people and I am trying to run a business, make money and stay safe.  I really do not care anymore what happens with football.  I am quite stunned at how this country is dealing with this and how selfish people are being in general.  Very disappointing. 

If you are completely detached from football, why are you commenting about football on a football message board?  

Edited by chknwing334
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

If you are completely detached from football, why are you commenting about football on a football message board?  

I am a Bills fan.  I still check the news once in a while.  Is that ok with you? 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I just want the season to start and the government to end restrictions.

So you do not give a ***** about overwhelmed medical facilities and doctors putting their lives on the line to save people?  Be glad you live in America.  Cause these restrictions are a joke compared to the rest of the world. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I get what you are saying.  I am completely detached from football this summer.  My work is hands on with people and I am trying to run a business, make money and stay safe.  I really do not care anymore what happens with football.  I am quite stunned at how this country is dealing with this and how selfish people are being in general.  Very disappointing. 

I have a feeling that your Facebook profile picture is a selfie of you with a mask on.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

#WorldIsEnding #EveryonesLaughingAtUs

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

#WorldIsEnding #EveryonesLaughingAtUs

#that is deep

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I have a feeling that your Facebook profile picture is a selfie of you with a mask on.  

I have a feeling you dont give a ***** about anyone. 

Edited by nedboy7

12 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

#that is deep

I have a feeling you dont give a ***** about anyone. 

The best way to show that you care about your fellow man is obviously to argue with everyone on social media and be super judgmental.  

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So embarrassing...fans whining like little girls because he might choose to not play and protect his family. How dare he jeopardize our selfish lust for football. Just ignore the fact his girlfriend's grandfather died of covid. This is where we're at in 2020.

Really bad take.  I kind of think the embarrassed one should be you, actually.

I haven't seen anyone want to ignore the loss of his girlfriend's grandpa.  ? Condolences to Ikea and Tre.

On the other hand, people had reasonable points - the risk to anyone in Tre's family is fairly low even if he does contract covid (attack rate of 7% in his age group, big study); the risk of harm to his kids is low should they catch covid-19 (0.0074%, CDC data as of June 13).  Unless he and his lady become total hermits and never go anywhere, he and his girlfriend have a risk of catching covid-19 if he doesn't play.  Being in a situation where he's tested every day and his girlfriend or any other family members can be tested may be lower risk to his family. 

There's legit question how much choosing not to play would really protect his family.  I think Tre' is a very intelligent guy and his wife has a medical education and I believe they probably sat down and reasoned through it.

I think Tre' is one of the best, if not the best, player on the Bills.  I know my heart was in my throat when it looked like he was injured early in the Steelers game.  So if there is going to be football, yeah, it was very disappointing to think he might opt out, although of course it's his right.

Frankly, and I don't GAS if I catch flack for this, if I could wave a wand and make all the pro athletes go home and repurpose all their rapid turn around tests to be used on caregivers of elders, I would do it in a heartbeat (I'd repurpose the tests from some other places too).  Give me logistical command and I'll figure it out - testing pools, surveillance frequency, the works.  My heart is breaking that it's all talk and very little concrete action to "protect the most vulnerable". 

But no one's giving me the damned wand, so if we're going to have pro sports and especially football, I want it to be the best football we can get.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Says the guy who brought up the mask thing unprovoked. 

Yes, my obvious joke was clearly equivalent to telling someone they don’t give a **** about anyone. 

fwiw, I wear a mask pretty religiously around other people.  I just don’t post on sports message boards doomsday scenarios ad nauseum and then lecture when people, shockingly, don’t want to hear it. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Hapless Bills Fan???

We are rabid thirty fans over here...

In that case I'm staying clear....I'll toss this over the fence though

Premium SerumsOther Vaccines

It's no joke, actually - my niece and family had to get rabies prophylaxis after their house was invaded by bats. 

They have good health insurance but even so, the deductible for a family of 4 wiped their savings and put them in debt.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20180220/the-high-cost-of-surviving-rabies

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's no joke, actually - my niece and family had to get rabies prophylaxis after their house was invaded by bats. 

They have good health insurance but even so, the deductible for a family of 4 wiped their savings and put them in debt.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20180220/the-high-cost-of-surviving-rabies

Wow that's terrible

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah but I mean when the alternative is rabies. ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, noacls said:

No this is not the last year of his rookie contract. This is his 4th year and the Bills have already picked up his 5th year option. He is in a controlled contract for next 2 years.

You are right, for some reason I was thinking he got bumped to the 2nd round.

That actually makes it worse for him if he opted out this year.

Thank you for the correction. Nothing to see here.

• Thank you (+1) 1