Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet it isnt but that is cool there is Zero Leverage gained with the OPT out 

You can believe there is no relationship....but seriously...what other leverage does the young man have...

Awesome news....would have supported his decision either way (easy to say now I know), but family does come first and Tre is a very mature dude as plenty of posters have said.

Can't replace his talents, energy, passion that he brings.  He's getting recognition, top 50 player, but he has potential to dominate.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1066796162173333505?s=20

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

It's embarrassing that you'd call it embarrassing.  This is quite possibly true and completely fair to have this theory given past comments by Tre.  He has access to world class facilities, testing, etc.  Many things regular society doesn't have.  I don't understand the opt-outs and don't buy that he's going to actually do it.  He just wants people talking about him.

Thats a really terrible take on this situation 

• Like (+1) 1

As a football fan, and a fan of the Bills and Tre White I am thrilled.

Anyone giving this guy, this guy, grief on social media should be ashamed. Then again Social Media is a cesspool.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What leverage does the opt out give him? 

None.

Tre is 25 and has a birthday in January.

If he opted out, then this year does not accrue, and his rookie contract is extended another year at 26.

Another year older before signing that dream lucrative 2nd contract the man has earned.

By playing this year this is his last season on his rookie contract. He enters FA at 26 instead of 27.

The big payday is before 30, and the difference between a 3 and 4 yr second contract is huge.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

First and foremost I hope he and the rest of the team stay healthy, and I’ve got a feeling we got this, all the way... ?

Oh and by the way the drinks are on the mods to celebrate, ???

Go Bills!!!

Warning issued.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Warning issued.

I gotta work on conveying my sense of humor... it’s a lonely world, but I’m trying... ?

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

15 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

As a football fan, and a fan of the Bills and Tre White I am thrilled.

Anyone giving this guy, this guy, grief on social media should be ashamed. Then again Social Media is a cesspool.

None.

Tre is 25 and has a birthday in January.

If he opted out, then this year does not accrue, and his rookie contract is extended another year at 26.

Another year older before signing that dream lucrative 2nd contract the man has earned.

By playing this year this is his last season on his rookie contract. He enters FA at 26 instead of 27.

The big payday is before 30, and the difference between a 3 and 4 yr second contract is huge.

No this is not the last year of his rookie contract. This is his 4th year and the Bills have already picked up his 5th year option. He is in a controlled contract for next 2 years.

Who cares what he tweets.  There will not be a season.  I am not sure why people cant come to terms with this.  It is over for the year.  Hopefully it is one year.  The way America is dealing with this virus it could be 4 years with no football.

Edited by nedboy7

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Of course he did.  There will not be a season.  I am not sure why people cant come to terms with this.  It is over for the year.  Hopefully it is one year.  The way America is dealing with this virus it could be 4 years with no football.

This seems like your way of protecting yourself from getting "hurt" IF the season does get canceled or shortened.  Kind of a way to soften the blow so you can tell yourself "yep, I KNEW this would happen!!!".

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This seems like your way of protecting yourself from getting "hurt" IF the season does get canceled or shortened.  Kind of a way to soften the blow so you can tell yourself "yep, I KNEW this would happen!!!".

I get what you are saying.  I am completely detached from football this summer.  My work is hands on with people and I am trying to run a business, make money and stay safe.  I really do not care anymore what happens with football.  I am quite stunned at how this country is dealing with this and how selfish people are being in general.  Very disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I get what you are saying.  I am completely detached from football this summer.  My work is hands on with people and I am trying to run a business, make money and stay safe.  I really do not care anymore what happens with football.  I am quite stunned at how this country is dealing with this and how selfish people are being in general.  Very disappointing. 

100% agree with the bolded.

For me football happening this fall is a huge beacon of hope.  With everything going on in the world and at home (kids home for 5 months (1 special needs with no therapy available), etc.) I don't think I've ever been MORE attached to football.

I get your position though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1