Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

you'd think it might be safer for him to be on the team with all the testing he'd be having done.  you have a decent chance of getting it just being out in public but you're not tested daily so you don't know if you have it for at least a period of time if ever.  if he's on the team he'd be getting tested and would know fairly quickly and might actually stop him from spreading it to his family.  i do admire the guy's commitment to his family and his boys. 

Two weeks ago I came down with symptoms (fever and fog). I immediately separated myself from my family, and got tested twice during that week.  Both tests came back negative, but I still self-quarantined. It wasn't great but it felt like the right thing to do. It wasn't hard. All of this pre-concern is total nonsense!  By the way, I am almost three times as old as Tre White....GET TO WORK!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately for Tre and other players in this situation, that sort of reaction from a certain percentage of the fan base is to be expected. It would be naive to be surprised by it. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but it’s typically a vocal minority. 

Even if a minority it clearly bothered him or he wouldn't have tweeted about it. If the tweets of upset internet bully type fans bothers him I might suggest he limit his social media exposure or stay off twitter specifically.  Even if only a few its a squeaky wheel or in other words like nails on a chalkboard certainly the opposite of endearing.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you'd think it might be safer for him to be on the team with all the testing he'd be having done.  you have a decent chance of getting it just being out in public but you're not tested daily so you don't know if you have it for at least a period of time if ever.  if he's on the team he'd be getting tested and would know fairly quickly and might actually stop him from spreading it to his family.  i do admire the guy's commitment to his family and his boys. 

No, limiting your contact with people would definitely be safer than going to work where you're in close contact with a ton of people all day.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Recruits that had it can join.  This policy changed.  

Not shocking at all at the time they decided this.  Which was April.  

With a Waiver.  My Friend processes those waivers alot down here in FL.

That Waiver is important because it will allow the military and VA to get out of paying disability to issues outlined in the waiver.

Just now, krf139 said:

This is all a publicity stunt for Tre to get his name out there and build his profile.  Lots of people talking about him now 

I have wondered this as well. HOWEVER that doesnt mean his thoughts/worries/feelings on the COVID and possibly sitting out arent true. He may have already decided one way or another, and just wanted to vocalize/talk about the process he is going through since COVID began. I would not fault him if this were the case, everybody is trying to cope and rationalize/figure out whats going on. Everything can be so normal and not normal at the same time with stuff. Sometimes you just let it out if the stress is getting to you.

Its a tough position to be in. 

11 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Don’t expect any breaking news announcement if he stays. Just saying!

Not any official announcement from the team, no. But once the Bills daily Opt Out and COVID designations hit the wire - Tre's name being on the list or not being on the list will be news everywhere and fairly quickly.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

All the postulating about the "real reason" for Tre's indecision is silly.

He is clearly a thoughtful, mature, intelligent human being, who recognizes the very real dangers that this virus poses and seems genuinely concerned about the health of his family above all else. Tre is a "family first" guy, so I see no reason not to believe him when he says that that is the primary factor in his decision making.

All the reasons people are coming up with to dispute that notion are wishful thinking at best, foolish at worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Geezus this thread is disturbing.  I cant even believe some of the posts in here.

Bottom line:  If a player isn't comfortable playing this year, thats their right and no one should blame them.  

Ive seen the devastation of this disease first hand, its serious.  My friend lost her husband who was 38, in good shape, and NO health issues prior to COVID.  He got it in March, didn't even need to be hospitalized and recovered at home.  But, the COVID caused permanent damage to his lungs and heart.  In June, where he had been negative since early April, he was riding his bike alone and died from the damage it permanently did to his organs.  

That is the major issue...even people who get COVID and have just mild symptoms could die from it in the future earlier than they should have from the damage it leaves in your body after recovering.  I got other friends who have recovered from COVID with the same long term issues.  My friend Brian has severe scarring in his lungs and other lingering damage and has to go in every 28 days to donate plasma with the antibodies and continue monitoring his issues.

If Tre White decides to sit out 2020, I will fully understand and look forward to seeing him back on the field in 2021.  As a Bills fan, of course I would love to see our squad at its full strength if we play a season in 2020.  But, ultimately, my stance is to support what each players feels is the best decision for them as individuals and their family.  This is a personal decision, he doesn't owe the fans or the team anything here, this is about the risk he is comfortable with.  

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

All the postulating about the "real reason" for Tre's indecision is silly.

He is clearly a thoughtful, mature, intelligent human being, who recognizes the very real dangers that this virus poses and seems genuinely concerned about the health of his family above all else. Tre is a "family first" guy, so I see no reason not to believe him when he says that that is the primary factor in his decision making.

All the reasons people are coming up with to dispute that notion are wishful thinking at best, foolish at worst.

Well said...but I would add to Foolish that its also absurd...and kind of disgusting if you ask me.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Two weeks ago I came down with symptoms (fever and fog). I immediately separated myself from my family, and got tested twice during that week.  Both tests came back negative, but I still self-quarantined. It wasn't great but it felt like the right thing to do. It wasn't hard. All of this pre-concern is total nonsense!  By the way, I am almost three times as old as Tre White....GET TO WORK!

Not to mention that your bout of "non"-covid was not that bad.  So it is ridiculous to be concerned about REAL covid.  ?

10 - 4 big buddy.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Probabilities. Odds. So sick of you fear filled guys preaching. When it comes to KIDS, Covid is actually a lot LESS dangerous and lethal than the flu. Look it up. No,  not everybody, I said KIDS. Did you keep your kids at home in the winters during "flu season"?  Why not?

And they are bad transmitters as well. So grand-parents and all or not that much at risk from small kids giving it to them.

The solution is TESTING, random at times, mandatory for some professions. Not holing up scared till it goes away... as it might NEVER go away. Get a grip. We won't be saved by holing up.

Of course I fear for my kids, mom and all that. It's natural, especially with all the drama made about it. But look at odds and numbers and stop preaching like Karens.

"fear filled guys"

"karens"

a lot to unpack here.

• Haha (+1) 1