Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You would think, but won’t feel out of the woods if 4:00 hits and nothing 

We'll know fairly quickly after 4 PM. The media gets the official COVID Placements and Opt Out designations daily not soon after league days end. Bills reporters have been tweeting daily whether or not anyone has been added to either list almost as soon as it's filed.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Loan or advance call it what you want.  It gets PAID BACK.

The point is I DONT CARE.  If you want the ability to opt our of your job for a year, train your ass off become a Professional Athlete.  but comparing this industry to your 9 to 5 is comparing apples to freaking MARS.

Sure take a Little Google Search about the lasting affects of this disease.  

Everything you google isn't facts.

Show me specific examples of athletes getting the illness and their career being ended due to the effects.  There have been countless athletes getting it, so where are the athletes that are getting their career ended from it.

Sorry, but you can't compare a 24 year old athlete to an 80 year old cancer survivor.

• Like (+1) 1

If it's truly about the health risk and family, make the decision and the announcement one way or the other and let's move on. This isn't helping anything or anyone. I still think This is becoming more of monetary leverage move with each tweet like this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

You’re way too intelligent to miss a point this badly.  He has the right to opt out.  If he chooses to play, he owes his best effort on the field.  If he chooses not to play, he doesn’t owe fans a damned thing.  If he chooses to play and then jakes it, then he should be criticized.

I could say the same about you.  Yes, Tre has a right to opt out.  But if he chooses to do so and not play, fans are going to understandably be upset and criticize his decision.  That doesn't mean he needs, cares about, or should be influenced by their opinions - to the contrary.  But he should understand that it's not fan "entitlement", it comes from the same place of passion and enthusiasm for football and for a team that "shakes and bakes" his money-maker, the NFL, into a billion dollar business.   It is foolish to happily accept "generational wealth" from playing football and from adoring fans who purchase his "Tre White Goalie Academy" merch, and not understand that fan criticism should he choose not to play comes from the same place.

If that is understood, it might be easier for him to accept with a certain amount of equanimity and grace.

It would be nice if you understood that too, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

One thing that's grating on my nerves is that being critical and being a fan has to me mutually exclusive. I don't think that's the case at all. Being a fan doesn't mean that you have to agree with every decision the team or player makes. I've been a fan longer than every player has been on this roster,  and longer than a good portion them have been alive. I'll continue to be a fan long after they are gone.

21 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yeah, but then you realize some have also died. Do you really want to roll those dice? Rhetorically speaking, that's not really an open invite for the tough guy hoax screamers to proudly yell about how many places they'd be willing to take their children right now.

They can also carry the virus and give it to you, your mother, your innocent old neighbor minding her business, etc. and around and around we go for the 1000th time on this board.

Probabilities. Odds. So sick of you fear filled guys preaching. When it comes to KIDS, Covid is actually a lot LESS dangerous and lethal than the flu. Look it up. No,  not everybody, I said KIDS. Did you keep your kids at home in the winters during "flu season"?  Why not?

And they are bad transmitters as well. So grand-parents and all or not that much at risk from small kids giving it to them.

The solution is TESTING, random at times, mandatory for some professions. Not holing up scared till it goes away... as it might NEVER go away. Get a grip. We won't be saved by holing up.

Of course I fear for my kids, mom and all that. It's natural, especially with all the drama made about it. But look at odds and numbers and stop preaching like Karens.

Edited by Jerome007

1 minute ago, Jamie Nails said:

If it's truly about the health risk and family, make the decision and the announcement one way or the other and let's move on. This isn't helping anything or anyone. I still think This is becoming more of monetary leverage move with each tweet like this.  

I keep reading this is monetary. Is there any proof or is it an assumption over Diggs getting a bump?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I keep reading this is monetary. Is there any proof or is it an assumption over Diggs getting a bump?

Diggs contract was actually redone at the time of the trade. If just didn’t get signed until he got to Buffalo because Covid hit right after the trade. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Diggs contract was actually redone at the time of the trade. If just didn’t get signed until he got to Buffalo because Covid hit right after the trade. 

Right, but I'm asking why people are accusing Tre making his decision about money?

• Like (+1) 1