Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As an example Cristiano Ronaldo has the most Instagram followers in the world and by a very significant margin (Ariana Grande is 2). These guys are also starting podcasts and pushing products. It’s easy money. 

Now, should they maybe mute the comments? I think at times it would be best but I get why they don’t.

Cristiano is also one of the top 5 or 6 players of all time, he would get endorsements anyway. 

David Beckham is the ultimate example. I know he was before social media but he built a brand that made him arguably the most famous player in the world and yet at no point was he even England's best player. Hell, he was at best the 3rd best player in United's famed class of '92.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is where we disagree which is why I went to the exclusions. There may be revelations that only impact a player and if so he will be allowed out.

I get it. I meant more so for those who aren’t personally impacted by a development, but because something happened with the virus at large, they want to opt out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Cristiano is also one of the top 5 or 6 players of all time, he would get endorsements anyway. 

David Beckham is the ultimate example. I know he was before social media but he built a brand that made him arguably the most famous player in the world and yet at no point was he even England's best player. Hell, he was at best the 3rd best player in United's famed class of '92.

The point being, the bigger you are the more that you make. The Kardashian/Jenner clan are the best example. They’ve pretty much done nothing but got rich. It’s not even about how dominant you are, it’s about how visible you are.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was asked and responded. It was actually the same question they have all been asked: “why did you decide to opt in”... it was the very first question. Sal said he expected the same canned answer he got from everyone “I love football etc”.. Instead he said “I haven’t decided yet” 

If the Bills knew he was going to say that why put him up? That is what is nagging at me. I have to believe they didn't know.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I get it. I meant more so for those who aren’t personally impacted by a development, but because something happened with the virus at large, they want to opt out.

Fair enough

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If the Bills new he was going to say that why put him up? That is what is nagging at me. I have to believe they didn't know.

Agree with this

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The point being, the bigger you are the more that you make. The Kardashian/Jenner clan are the best example. They’ve pretty much done nothing but got rich. It’s not even about how dominant you are, it’s about how visible you are.

I get that put Cristiano IS dominant. He has done something to get rich. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If the Bills new he was going to say that why put him up? That is what is nagging at me. I have to believe they didn't know.

I don’t think they knew. Beane was actually asked the other day if he anticipated any more opt outs and he said no one had come to him ... obviously he wouldn’t have said anything about Tre specifically but I think he would have answered the question a bit differently

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that put Cristiano IS dominant. He has done something to get rich. 

Sure, but his visibility makes him a lot richer than his dominance. Think Connor McGregor, he’s a great fighter but infinitely more famous than better fighters. The same with Beckham. There are certain people that have mastered “their brand” and that’s where the dollars come from. That’s why athletes are on social media and always will be. They have an audience and a platform to communicate with that audience.

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So if your Family loses someone to COVID that isnt going to affect your choice.  Because Tre did.  Hell even Singletary knows, she stated I am not in a position to opt out.  Meaning I dont have enough money in the bank to support the family a year before getting a paycheck again.

“Fans”. ? Embarrassing. 

People need to stop projecting their beliefs on others.

Part of personal freedom is be able to make personal decisions, particularly ones like this,  without social judgement.

its stupid that people think have a right to have an opinion on someone else’s choice on This topic. 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sure, but his visibility makes him a lot richer than his dominance. Think Connor McGregor, he’s a great fighter but infinitely more famous than better fighters. The same with Beckham. There are certain people that have mastered “their brand” and that’s where the dollars come from. That’s why athletes are on social media and always will be. They have an audience and a platform to communicate with that audience.

McGregor is a real marketing machine.  He has fans who pay to watch him fight and haters who pay hoping they'll see him get the crap beaten out of him.  Genius!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

“Fans”. ? Embarrassing. 

People need to stop projecting their beliefs on others.

Part of personal freedom is be able to make personal decisions, particularly ones like this,  without social judgement.

its stupid that people think have a right to have an opinion on someone else’s choice on This topic. 

It’s similar to when a college player decides to declare early for the draft. Some “fans” feel they have the right to tweet their opinions to these kids about how they are selfish,  etc. It’s the lowest of the low but every fan base has its 2%. These same fans would be tweeting at him even if he did play bitching at him if he gave up a TD. Fans tweet death threats at college kids when they drop a pass. It’s disgusting. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I completely agree with your point. I just don't think Cristiano is the best example. Cristiano is so visible because he played for three of the biggest 5 football clubs in the world - including the prime of his career at THE biggest football club in the world. And he has been the star man at each. And that is because he is one of the most talented half a dozen footballers that ever lived. There are other handsome, ripped, soccer players who do a lot of social media but are less visible than Cristiano. They are also less good.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s similar to when a college player decides to declare early for the draft. Some “fans” feel they have the right to tweet their opinions to these kids about how they are selfish,  etc. It’s the lowest of the low but every fan base has its 2%. These same fans would be tweeting at him even if he did play bitching at him if he gave up a TD. Fans tweet death threats at college kids when they drop a pass. It’s disgusting. 

There have always been idiots. Twitter has given every idiot a voice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I can’t blame any player for opting out.  This sucks all the way around.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I completely agree with your point. I just don't think Cristiano is the best example. Cristiano is so visible because he played for three of the biggest 5 football clubs in the world - including the prime of his career at THE biggest football club in the world. And he has been the star man at each. And that is because he is one of the most talented half a dozen footballers that ever lived. There are other handsome, ripped, soccer players who do a lot of social media but are less visible than Cristiano. They are also less good.

There have always been idiots. Twitter has given every idiot a voice.

Twitter gives a voice to people who shouldn’t have a voice.  Sometimes I love it because it breaks news and some funny threads.  But then you read some stuff and you hate the world. 

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As an example Cristiano Ronaldo has the most Instagram followers in the world and by a very significant margin (Ariana Grande is 2). These guys are also starting podcasts and pushing products. It’s easy money. 

Now, should they maybe mute the comments? I think at times it would be best but I get why they don’t.

Crap......now I need to put another marble on the losing faith in humanity side of the scale.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t blame any player for opting out.  This sucks all the way around.  

Twitter gives a voice to people who shouldn’t have a voice.  Sometimes I love it because it breaks news and some funny threads.  But then you read some stuff and you hate the world. 

I deleted my twitter for just this reason.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seriously, these idiots need to stay off twitter and keep working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives.