Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

One thing that puzzles me is why the "deadline" to decide is now. 

I would expect if someone next week comes to the conclusion they need to opt out, they'll do it and ***** the NFLs deadline.

And be fined accordingly. At that point it’s merely a holdout and unexcused absence. 

The opt out window is agreed upon by the NFL and the Players Union to give the players enough time to make their decision while also not leaving it open ended to ruin any chance a team has to focus on the season/plan accordingly.

There isn’t going to be any new revelation or development about this virus that would affect the individual and not the league as a whole. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

You have to trust that all 32 teams are taking this seriously, and that the guy you're lining up across from has been in a facility that is safeguarded, led by an organization that is on top of this and has tested negative prior to the game.  

Hope isnt a good plan.  Heck three days ago there was a HUGE party in Cali for Football players.  So yeah sorry I dont pin my plan on trusting others to do the right thing.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I would expect if someone next week comes to the conclusion they need to opt out, they'll do it and ***** the NFLs deadline.

I wonder if they have language in the new CBA where if that happens your contract slides? And I’m certain you wouldn’t get the 150k advance, not like that matters for big time players though. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So if your Family loses someone to COVID that isnt going to affect your choice.  Because Tre did.  Hell even Singletary knows, she stated I am not in a position to opt out.  Meaning I dont have enough money in the bank to support the family a year before getting a paycheck again.

Fans attacking him are making the situation worse. Bunch of bone heads. There's nothing to gain by making our star CB angry...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

And be fined accordingly. At that point it’s merely a holdout and unexcused absence. 

The opt out window is agreed upon by the NFL and the Players Union to give the players enough time to make their decision while also not leaving it open ended to ruin any chance a team has to focus on the season/plan accordingly.

There isn’t going to be any new revelation or development about this virus that would affect the individual and not the league as a whole. 

That’s kind of the case but not entirely. There are 2 exceptions:

• A new diagnosis reveals that the player has a high-risk condition.
  • A player's family member dies, is hospitalized or is otherwise moved to a medical facility because of a COVID-19 or related condition.

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I always figured that those who choose to after the deadline would come down with an injury. Or they decide to have surgery on an old nagging injury that hasn't healed properly

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

point is we shouldn’t care either way.  All this public posturing by players on social media (“I’ll let y’all know my decision soon”, etc) is just that.  It’s tone deaf.   If you opt out, fine—do what’s best for you, the game will go on without you.  If you play—that’s great too.  

Just choose and be done with it as most every other player has done so far.  Hand in the paper.  

Fans have real problems/struggles/issues during the pandemic.  They are dying for football to distract them.  This player drama is just that.  It’s privilege that almost none of them can relate to so why keep putting it out there?

who cares?  Get on with it.  

lol I can’t think of an employer who is just waiting for someone to bring that up!

Honest questing regarding the top of this. Did Tre voluntarily announce he was contemplating opting out, or did he get asked and then responded? The only thing about it on his twitter is him responding to negative comments from fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I always figured that those who choose to after the deadline would come down with an injury. Or they decide to have surgery on an old nagging injury that hasn't healed properly

That’s an interesting thought and one that hadn’t crossed my mind.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Fans attacking him are making the situation worse. Bunch of bone heads. There's nothing to gain by making our star CB angry...

Nothing you can do about all the idiots out there.

I'd be more concerned if our star CB could actually be angered by morons on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s kind of the case but not entirely. There are 2 exceptions:

• A new diagnosis reveals that the player has a high-risk condition.
  • A player's family member dies, is hospitalized or is otherwise moved to a medical facility because of a COVID-19 or related condition.

Right, but that’s not voluntary opt outs, and it’s included in the current opt out process.

Essentially after today players can’t just decide its too risky now and leave. Doing so would be fine worthy.

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Hmm... I better start building my brand. I don’t think my NFL career is going to work out ? 

As an example Cristiano Ronaldo has the most Instagram followers in the world and by a very significant margin (Ariana Grande is 2). These guys are also starting podcasts and pushing products. It’s easy money. 

Now, should they maybe mute the comments? I think at times it would be best but I get why they don’t.

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honest questing regarding the top of this. Did Tre voluntarily announce he was contemplating opting out, or did he get asked and then responded? The only thing about it on his twitter is him responding to negative comments from fans. 

He was asked and responded. It was actually the same question they have all been asked: “why did you decide to opt in”... it was the very first question. Sal said he expected the same canned answer he got from everyone “I love football etc”.. Instead he said “I haven’t decided yet” 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Right, but that’s not voluntary opt outs, and it’s included in the current opt out process.

Essentially after today players can’t just decide its too risky now and leave. Doing so would be fine worthy.

This is where we disagree which is why I went to the exclusions. There may be revelations that only impact a player and if so he will be allowed out.