Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Nobody said anything about taking it personally.  He said he didn’t care about what people he doesn’t know say, yet here he is responding to comments by people he doesn’t know about a media session held by a person he doesn’t know.  Clearly he does care.  

This thread is filled with people who feel so entitled to be entertained by a 25 year old man whom they’ve never met that they criticize him for doing what he thinks is best for his health and the well being of his family.  It’s disgusting.  

I think he meant specifically he doesn't what people he doesn't know say about him. Which is different. 

Other than that I agree with your post. 

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

These men have busted their asses for their entire lives until they’ve become better at what they do than you will ever be at anything in your life, and you’re calling THEM entitled because you feel the right to be entertained.  Wow

Ok tough guy.  You literally have no context for me outside of a message board.  You have no clue what I've accomplished or havent.    Furthermore, I am in the camp for getting rid of the football season,  I think its more trouble than its worth, specifically for situations like this.   I was also not saying Tre White specifically.  But, I think its more than fair to say the modern athlete, along with this generation as a whole is far more entitled than the ones that came before them. 

And just for the record, I am also not in the boat of saying just because someone is really good at "just a game" it doesnt make them better at life than anyone else, which is what you're essentially saying here.   The issue I have with Tre is him playing this out publicly.  Either opt out or dont.   Stop being a drama queen.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, zman44 said:

Well this stupid take didn’t age well.

Is he serious?  

Gtf off Twitter man.  You shouldn't care what people think.  You're mentally strong right and you know your family comes first.  You shouldn't be demanding universal approval.

Unless of course you're just laying the groundwork for the reason why you'll sign elsewhere someday...."fans didn't appreciate me."

Something is going on with him, the team, and his contract.  There is a reason his profile became all LSU all the time earlier this year and it wasn't bc they won it.  

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds that way

At a guess from that tweet, maybe Tre’ wants to play and his girlfriend/mom of his kids is very uncomfortable with that due to her experience losing a close family member.

I don’t understand why any public figure does social media.

I do think his wife/GF is a huge component here. He talked a lot about not wanting her to have to be home all day with the kids and not able to do anything, family unable to visit - regarding the protocols in place for families. I think he wants to play, he seemed so jazzed talking about the team, tbh the interview was overall very positive and this was just a small part of it. He was gushing over his teammates, coaches, very friendly with the reporters etc. But he’s taking his family into account in the decision and it’s a difficult one 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

These men have busted their asses for their entire lives until they’ve become better at what they do than you will ever be at anything in your life, and you’re calling THEM entitled because you feel the right to be entertained.  Wow

I mean, this happens in all of society.  

Athletes happen to have better genetics and work ethic athletically than most.   People feel they act entitled in times like this. 

People who make a lot of money in business tend to have that same work ethic, but get excoriated day in/day out in America for being greedy, privileged etc.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

to me it feels like his lady is pitching a fit and he's dragging it out.... this happens in my house routinely and i mope around as hard and pathetically as i can until she feels guilty about it and changes her mind.... its got about a 23% success rate 

23% isn't bad.  i sometimes use the rage tactic, and that's only about 14% effective.  

23 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

to me it feels like his lady is pitching a fit and he's dragging it out.... this happens in my house routinely and i mope around as hard and pathetically as i can until she feels guilty about it and changes her mind.... its got about a 23% success rate 

Why is this not being reported by the media.  As every married man knows, this is exactly what is happening right now. 

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Is he serious?  

Gtf off Twitter man.  You shouldn't care what people think.  You're mentally strong right and you know your family comes first.  You shouldn't be demanding universal approval.

Unless of course you're just laying the groundwork for the reason why you'll sign elsewhere someday...."fans didn't appreciate me."

Something is going on with him, the team, and his contract.  There is a reason his profile became all LSU all the time earlier this year and it wasn't bc they won it.  

I don't think he's trying to get out of Buffalo, but I do think there is zero chance he's taking a hometown discount.  

As for the Twitter stuff, yea.... players can get annoyed with fans, but when you get in your feelings on Twitter, that's usually when things go south. 

From what i've seen, our fans have been pretty good about all this.  Of course there's going to be trolls, but that's always going to be there.

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Why is this not being reported by the media.  As every married man knows, this is exactly what is happening right now. 

It’s pretty clear when you listen to the interview, that she is calling the shots though I do think he’s concerned too 

NFL facilities are hospital clean and there are more safety protocols than practically any other industry.  Count me as one who just doesn’t get it.  I look at the guy or gal working at the grocery store or a nurse or police officer. They don’t have access to the testing, world class facilities, etc. and somehow show up for work each day making pennies.  

Obviously he has the right to do what he wants. I also have the right to not agree with it or understand it.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s pretty clear when you listen to the interview, that she is calling the shots though I do think he’s concerned too 

yup. i've been thinking it since the interview. She's throwing some weight around.

Tom Pelissero just said this is expected to go right up the wire.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep he will take it and still opt out. Hmmmm see how that works. This isn’t a contract leverage thing. 

Do deadline today for opt out. You really think this is about contract leverage. You know he could sign the Highest Contract in NFL History and opt out the very same meeting. 

You do know that Beane isn't that stupid! 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do think his wife/GF is a huge component here. He talked a lot about not wanting her to have to be home all day with the kids and not able to do anything, family unable to visit - regarding the protocols in place for families. I think he wants to play, he seemed so jazzed talking about the team, tbh the interview was overall very positive and this was just a small part of it. He was gushing over his teammates, coaches, very friendly with the reporters etc. But he’s taking his family into account in the decision and it’s a difficult one 

A good chance it's part of why he came here to practice before making the final decision.  It's a given McDermott is going to have a strict system set up.  Tre can take it all in and use what he's seen as part of the discussion.  I certainly understand if he opts out but am hoping not.  Also think with others he's hoping for that "23%" lol.  So true.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No gf is going to tell him he cannot play, 

Every player on this team has family to worry about, children, mothers etc.

He has never quit on a team before. 

All $$$$$$$$$

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1