Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

So is this tweet confirmation that he's opting out? "Me choosing my family..." sure sounds like it.

I'm telling you, this guy is on his way out of Buffalo -- unless someone talks some sense into him and makes him realize that the grass isn't greener in terms of interaction with fans on social media.

Throw in the Jamal Adams interactions and his comments about his worth yesterday, I think Tre is as good as gone. A shame. I think we're starting to see his success go to his head a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, nucci said:

Do you really care what people think about you...especially people you don't know?

Everybody does to an extent.  It's why we buy certain clothes, why some people buy a certain car, why you make a particular post on social media.  I'm not saying it's the only reason, but everyone cares what other people think about them.  For example, I'm a teacher in my "real life."  You think it doesn't upset me reading what other people are saying about teachers and education right now?  Why, because they barely made it through high school they know how to do my job and because I want my students and myself to stay safe that makes me lazy?  Do those idiotic statements keep me up at night?  No, but they definitely have an effect on me in the moment.  It's the same thing with him, he's allowed to have a reaction.

28 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Of course he is.  Read his twitter.  Poor me, most people support me but i'll single out a few bad ones and play victim.  It's the life of a public figure.  You're gonna get a lot of support and a few haters.  Be a man and deal with it.

So to you being a man means you aren't allowed to react.  Yes he is getting a ton of love, probably 10-1 the amount of hate.  Think about how much hate he is still getting.  You're delusional if you can say that it wouldn't bother you...you're just fooling yourself if you think that.  There's a difference between playing a victim and having an angry reaction.  "Being a man" also allows you to react every once in a while

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If Tre really means what he is saying about a game thats not bigger than life he should retire now.   His job could literally leave him with a legitimate long term brain injury which could leave his "girl" (if he decides to marry her), and his son with dealing with someone like Darryl Talley.   Sure he won't make millions of dollars, but football really is bigger than life, isnt it?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So is this tweet confirmation that he's opting out? "Me choosing my family..." sure sounds like it.

I'm telling you, this guy is on his way out of Buffalo -- unless someone talks some sense into him and makes him realize that the grass isn't greener in terms of interaction with fans on social media.

Throw in the Jamal Adams interactions and his comments about his worth yesterday, I think Tre is as good as gone. A shame. I think we're starting to see his success go to his head a bit.

Guy needs to grow up a bit for sure. Not the first time he's called out bills fans due to some comments on Twitter. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he tries to leave. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

Everybody does to an extent.  It's why we buy certain clothes, why some people buy a certain car, why you make a particular post on social media.  I'm not saying it's the only reason, but everyone cares what other people think about them.  For example, I'm a teacher in my "real life."  You think it doesn't upset me reading what other people are saying about teachers and education right now?  Why, because they barely made it through high school they know how to do my job and because I want my students and myself to stay safe that makes me lazy?  Do those idiotic statements keep me up at night?  No, but they definitely have an effect on me in the moment.  It's the same thing with him, he's allowed to have a reaction.

I guess I'm different. I care a bit what my wife and family thinks but definitely not people I don't know. 

50 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Are that many people attacking him?  Most Twitter takes I see, along with posters here have been pretty respectful.  Even those who aren’t thrilled about his potential decision are being pretty tame, IMO.  

Head on over to the CJ Mosley takes from Jets fans if you want to see anger. 

God forbid they meander over to this message board. Its not unheard of...

1 minute ago, Process said:

Guy needs to grow up a bit for sure. Not the first time he's called out bills fans due to some comments on Twitter. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he tries to leave. 

All he has to do is read the commentary from fans on opt-outs from other teams to see our fanbase has been pretty chill about this.    CJ Mosley and Ja'Waun James certainly aren't getting the amount of love Tre is getting for their decisions.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Tre really means what he is saying about a game thats not bigger than life he should retire now.   His job could literally leave him with a legitimate long term brain injury which could leave his "girl" (if he decides to marry her), and his son with dealing with someone like Darryl Talley.   Sure he won't make millions of dollars, but football really is bigger than life, isnt it?

Yeap, but these players somehow think COVID is an immediate death sentence.

The older I get, the more I just become nauseated with athletes in general. 

Edited by Back2Buff

12 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm going to be kinda surprised if he opts out.  i shouldn't be, but why take it to the last minute?  i'm sure he knows by now.

to me it feels like his lady is pitching a fit and he's dragging it out.... this happens in my house routinely and i mope around as hard and pathetically as i can until she feels guilty about it and changes her mind.... its got about a 23% success rate 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep he will take it and still opt out. Hmmmm see how that works. This isn’t a contract leverage thing. 

Do deadline today for opt out. You really think this is about contract leverage. You know he could sign the Highest Contract in NFL History and opt out the very same meeting. 

Shoot if he still opts out after we pay him so be it. At least we have him under contract for the next 5+ years 

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Yeap, but these players someone think COVID is an immediate death sentence.

The older I get, the more I just become nauseated with athletes in general. 

I find myself in the same boat.   The problem I see with a lot of these guys is they were bred to be athletes.   They spend their entire high school careers playing football, going to college camps, where every little move is about trying to get a scholarship.   By the time they make it to the league they've never done anything but be an athlete.  The entitlement is out of control.  They think the league owes them something beyond their paycheck by just being there.   The truth is unless he becomes the top 1% of football players no one is going to think much about Tre White once he retires.  In truth I think he is a good player, but outside of football I could care less.   If Tre White opts out or goes to a new team, someone else will take his place.  No one is irreplaceable. 

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

to me it feels like his lady is pitching a fit and he's dragging it out.... this happens in my house routinely and i mope around as hard and pathetically as i can until she feels guilty about it and changes her mind.... its got about a 23% success rate 

That’s kind of the way I read that tweet, also.

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

I guess I'm different. I care a bit what my wife and family thinks but definitely not people I don't know. 

Likewise. I don't even care that much what my family think. I mean I try not to do things to upset them but I don't let what they think or me or their perceptions of my lifestyle affect how I live. You get one go around. Gotta do it the way you think right regardless of what others think. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I find myself in the same boat.   The problem I see with a lot of these guys is they were bred to be athletes.   They spend their entire high school careers playing football, going to college camps, where every little move is about trying to get a scholarship.   By the time they make it to the league they've never done anything but be an athlete.  The entitlement is out of control.  They think the league owes them something beyond their paycheck by just being there.   The truth is unless he becomes the top 1% of football players no one is going to think much about Tre White once he retires.  In truth I think he is a good player, but outside of football I could care less.   If Tre White opts out or goes to a new team, someone else will take his place.  No one is irreplaceable. 

These men have busted their asses for their entire lives until they’ve become better at what they do than you will ever be at anything in your life, and you’re calling THEM entitled because you feel the right to be entertained.  Wow

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is possible to participate in a social media platform without taking the responses personally, one does know this, yes?

Nobody said anything about taking it personally.  He said he didn’t care about what people he doesn’t know say, yet here he is responding to comments by people he doesn’t know about a media session held by a person he doesn’t know.  Clearly he does care.  

This thread is filled with people who feel so entitled to be entertained by a 25 year old man whom they’ve never met that they criticize him for doing what he thinks is best for his health and the well being of his family.  It’s disgusting.  

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1