Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

36 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What are the numbers on this condition? Is it a high percentage of infants?

It's not.   But Tre' has a right to do his own risk assessment.  There are some serious complications that do occur with kids.  If he feels playing increases his chance to get sick and to transmit the disease to his kids, he has a right to opt out whether it's a rare complication or not. 

I kind of wish I had the opportunity to sit down with Tre and say "tell me what your concerns are and I'll find you the best data and best answers we have on that point, and then you can make up your own mind" but of course as a fan, he would have a right to consider perhaps I'm biased :) along with the team physicians and health professionals who are talking to him.

I think the key point is to consider the attack rate.  If he is being tested every day, gets sick, and isolates himself as soon as he tests positive, the attack rate (number of cases transmitted to family members) was only 7% in his age group in the huge 60,000 contact S. Korean study.  Take a 7% attack rate and a hospitalization rate of 0.012% for his kid's age group, and you get to 0.00084% chance of hospitalization for his kids.  It's pretty small.

But you know, the overall number of kids who get electrocuted by uncovered outlets or who tip over bookshelves or dressers is pretty small, and we still covered our outlets and anchored our bookshelves and dressers to the wall when our kid was young.  Parents aren't always totally rational in their risk assessment.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Correct what I meant was that 80% of the people infected by it will not have symptoms. And I don’t care about your google search on what population of South Koreans say when I see the effects first hand while you be an internet tough guy in your moms basement. So you can shove your opinion up your ***. I’m coming from the standpoint of seeing people die from this and I’m getting **** from morons. Unreal. Keep getting your info from CNN 

You will be well served and have a hope of being a long term member of this group if you tone down your language (this is not me being an "internet tough guy", its in the terms of membership).

Also, hands off Hapless. He is one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on this board and is running a discussion thread in "Off the wall" with data & analysis on Covid-19 which is far superior to any single source out there. 

In short, back off

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not.   But Tre' has a right to do his own risk assessment.  There are some serious complications that do occur with kids.  If he feels playing increases his chance to get sick and to transmit the disease to his kids, he has a right to opt out whether it's a rare complication or not. 

I kind of wish I had the opportunity to sit down with Tre and say "tell me what your concerns are and I'll find you the best data and best answers we have on that point, and then you can make up your own mind" but of course as a fan, he would have a right to consider perhaps I'm biased :) along with the team physicians and health professionals who are talking to him.

I think the key point is to consider the attack rate.  If he is being tested every day, gets sick, and isolates himself as soon as he tests positive, the attack rate (number of cases transmitted to family members) was only 7% in his age group in the huge 60,000 contact S. Korean study.  Take a 7% attack rate and a hospitalization rate of 0.012% for his kid's age group, and you get to 0.00084% chance of hospitalization for his kids.  It's pretty small.

But you know, the overall number of kids who get electrocuted by uncovered outlets or who tip over bookshelves or dressers is pretty small, and we still covered our outlets and anchored our bookshelves and dressers to the wall when our kid was young.  Parents aren't always totally rational in their risk assessment.

Its a strange time. He's probably made enough money already to live comfortably for the rest of his life. Its a fortunate situation to be in to be able to weigh the option if you want to work or not. Like you said it's his decision to make depending upon the associated risks.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

and he will be able to finance his children’s children’s children’s college education 

so his risk reward ratio is a bit different than yours.

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I get what you’re saying but he made it seem his decision would be based on the inconvenience it would cause to his family, girl and kids. Having no one there or anything to do. No help for 4-5 months vs health concerns of his family or kids.  Yet there are millions of Americans going through much worse, having to make much tougher decisions to just keep food on the table, pay rent and still actually have health issues.

He’s a millionaire, he can get help. The organization will get him and his family in the best situations they can. He could get a Nanny or have his sister in-law be there. But the situation dictates you keep it minimal and that’s it. No changing after tomorrow....  I just thought it may have been more.

An inconvenience is some of these military families that make next to nothing after joining, with kids, at some army post thousands of miles away from your family and you have to deploy for 15 months... Give me a million dollars, just 1. And I can sit on an island for 4 months with my family.

I don't like the millionaire vs average joe logic. That's like telling somebody who is broke and homeless, well at least you don't have cancer. You always try and look at the positive but marginalizing somebody's circumstances by bringing up how much worse it could be just never made sense to me. When it comes to money, using the reverse logic, it just plays like sour apples. Tre, so many people have it worse than you, least you could do is be our entertainment. That doesn't come off as selfish to you? Past his money, he's a person with a family and was put on this planet to do a lot more than play football. Tre and his wife and family need to make the best decision for them as all of us do and we should support that.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I don't like the millionaire logic. That's like telling somebody who is broke and homeless, well at least you don't have cancer. You always try and look at the positive but marginalizing somebody's circumstances by bringing up how much worse it could be just never made sense to me. When it comes to money it just sounds like sour apples. Tre, so many people have it worse than you, least you could do is be our entertainment. That doesn't come off as selfish to you? Past his money, he's a person with a family and was put on this planet to do a lot more than play football. Tre and his wife and family need to make the best decision for them as all of us do and we should support that.  

No. Playing football, being around his teammates and family I’d assume are the things he loves The most in his life....

He can still have all of that.

My point is he has the ability to have everyThing he loves. Just can’t come and go and have his family come and go like he wants. The reason he even has the ability to be in a situation to say that , it’s an inconvenience and not worry about having to go to work is because of football, his teammates and coaches that have helped him get to where he’s gotten. Family is important 100%, health is the most important but that wasn’t his issue.

But to be like, it’s gonna be tough to watch the kids all day, she’ll have to stay at home when I’m at work, it’s just not what I want my family to do...etc. I have no problem stating that, that situation is not near or even close to how bad millions of Americans have it now. That actually seems like an amazing situation.

Just saying I’m not feeling it.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I don't like the millionaire vs average joe logic. That's like telling somebody who is broke and homeless, well at least you don't have cancer. You always try and look at the positive but marginalizing somebody's circumstances by bringing up how much worse it could be just never made sense to me. When it comes to money, using the reverse logic, it just plays like sour apples. Tre, so many people have it worse than you, least you could do is be our entertainment. That doesn't come off as selfish to you? Past his money, he's a person with a family and was put on this planet to do a lot more than play football. Tre and his wife and family need to make the best decision for them as all of us do and we should support that.  

I don’t think it’s crazy that during a pandemic where so many have lost jobs, lost careers and are struggling to get by, that people don’t have much patience for multi-millionaires complaining about everyday issues most folks are dealing with, sans the millions of dollars.  

I mean, Bernie Sanders started an entire movement filled with people holding that sentiment. 

That said, I watched the presser and came away thinking Tre has a good head on his shoulders and is putting the thought into this that I think any of us would in his situation.    

Edited by SCBills

21 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

No. Playing football, being around his teammates and family I’d assume are the things he loves The most in his life....

He can still have all of that.

My point is he has the ability to have everyThing he loves. Just can’t come and go and have his family come and go like he wants. The reason he even has the ability to be in a situation to say that , it’s an inconvenience and not worry about having to go to work is because of football, his teammates and coaches that have helped him get to where he’s gotten. Family is important 100%, health is the most important but that wasn’t his issue.

But to be like, it’s gonna be tough to watch the kids all day, she’ll have to stay at home when I’m at work, it’s just not what I want my family to do...etc. I have no problem stating that, that situation is not near or even close to how bad millions of Americans have it now. That actually seems like an amazing situation.

Just saying I’m not feeling it.

Bottom line, I just hope fans treat him with respect regardless of what decision he makes. We can be a pretty intense group and I fear if he does opt out our base has the ability to ostracize him. Which I then fear could impact us when he does become a FA. Lot of peer pressure built into this thing. I'm sure a lot of people here have felt it. As an example, I can work from home if I wish or I can report to work where 3-4 other people in our leadership team report. Everything else is off site. I felt first hand if I chose to work from home I would be ostracized to some extent. We are men, men are tough, who wants to be the 1 guy in 3-4 or 2-3 guys in 50 that says I don't want to do it, I don't feel safe or comfortable. That is not tough. If I made that decision then dealt with underhanded BS as a result, I would be inclined to tell my employer to go ______ themselves. If we bomb Tre if he decides to opt out, I would think he might respond in a similar way come contract time. At least that's my fear.

Good post though, it's nice to not agree on this stuff and not have it go totally sideways like a lot of these do.   

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Bottom line, I just hope fans treat him with respect regardless of what decision he makes. We can be a pretty intense group and I fear if he does opt out our base has the ability to ostracize him. Which I then fear could impact us when he does become a FA. Lot of peer pressure built into this thing. I'm sure a lot of people here have felt it. As an example, I can work from home if I wish or I can report to work where 3-4 other people in our leadership team report. Everything else is off site. I felt first hand if I chose to work from home I would be ostracized to some extent. We are men, men are tough, who wants to be the 1 guy in 3-4 or 2-3 guys in 50 that says I don't want to do it, I don't feel safe or comfortable. That is not tough. If I made that decision then dealt with underhanded BS as a result, I would be inclined to tell my employer to go ______ themselves. If we bomb Tre if he decides to opt out, I would think he might respond in a similar way com contract time. At least that's my fear.

Good post though, it's nice to not agree on this stuff and not have it go totally sideways like a lot of these do.   

I think either way, football shouldn’t be at the top of anyone’s list. We all have a lot of work to do. Staying positive is one of them. Learning to truly respect each other regardless of opinion, politics or whatever is one of them. 

At this point if your stance is, I gotta take care of my family and ensure they receive the care and maintain our mental and physical health etc... I get that. But we are all beyond inconvenienced right now. I couldn’t imagine living in one of these larger cities where at the bottom of my building is chaos.... nope. Gotta go!

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

What I meant “doc” is that they don’t have symptoms which you know since your a physician of some sort and see people directly effected by this all the time ?

You’re*, ICU nurse. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Bottom line, I just hope fans treat him with respect regardless of what decision he makes. We can be a pretty intense group and I fear if he does opt out our base has the ability to ostracize him. Which I then fear could impact us when he does become a FA. Lot of peer pressure built into this thing. I'm sure a lot of people here have felt it. As an example, I can work from home if I wish or I can report to work where 3-4 other people in our leadership team report. Everything else is off site. I felt first hand if I chose to work from home I would be ostracized to some extent. We are men, men are tough, who wants to be the 1 guy in 3-4 or 2-3 guys in 50 that says I don't want to do it, I don't feel safe or comfortable. That is not tough. If I made that decision then dealt with underhanded BS as a result, I would be inclined to tell my employer to go ______ themselves. If we bomb Tre if he decides to opt out, I would think he might respond in a similar way come contract time. At least that's my fear.

Some fans will treat him with respect. Some fans will blast the hell out of him. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Vegas odds on that statement -1000000000000000000000000000000 

You think the whole entire fanbase will still love him if he opts out? I don’t think so.

And for the record, I’m not going to be the one slamming him, I just know this fanbase.

Just now, Rico said:

You think the whole entire fanbase will still love him if he opts out? I don’t think so.

And for the record, I’m not going to be the one slamming him, I just know this fanbase.

Oh, no, I was agreeing with your statement. I think half will, half won't, and one half will be much louder. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KzooMike said:

Oh, no, I was agreeing with your statement. I think half will, half won't, and one half will be much louder. 

I do think that if a full season is played after he chooses to opt out, he does not return in 2021 as one of THE team leaders, that spot will be taken by someone who played... especially if it ends up being a very successful season. 

Makes sense unfortunately. He sits out the year and has even more leverage toward getting that huge payday going forward.

Smart move from a business perspective, especially with all of the uncertainty of a season and health matters.  He saw these recent paydays of top-shelf players and wants his cut, NOW.  This paycheck sets him for life and will want as much guaranteed money up front.

This season is still on the brink as far as being played, so worst case scenario for White is getting some money to hold him over until coming into next year's training came asking for the Brinks trunk.

Not a "Process" move, but this is White's one guaranteed shot a multi-generational wealth.