Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

6 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

This is ridiculous, I’m an ICU nurse and these players are the healthiest population and if they are concerned about their kids getting it they too aren’t susceptible to it. If anything the players need to stay away from their parents. Enough of this bs scare tactics. Most of the population has it or had it and they didn’t even know it. 

I'm a physician. The only part of this post that is even  close to accurate is that the athlete's parents would be at more risk.  Everything else is wrong.  Kids can get infected just as easily as adults. Kids have less symptoms and very low mortality. But kids especially infants can develop a rare inflammatory large blood vessel syndrome that can have lifelong sequela.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Not really filling Tre’s reasoning for not wanting to play.... “cause his family will have nowhere to go”, “his family can’t come in town”, “his girl will have to watch the kids by her self most the day”.... I get it. It’s tough. But 4-5 months of doing that won’t kill you. In this day, that may be the best thing. 

Im in the military. We can’t leave the local area, we can’t eat at restaurants. My family can’t just come visit, I can’t just go visit them. I don’t have family here.... all that and I don’t have a billion dollar support system helping me. I don’t have millions of dollars...

Yes it will be tough, yes it will suck at times. But I’m sure the organization will ensure you and your family here will get all the nicest amenities and anything your kids and girl needs they will do it to the best of their ability....

To each his own...

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He was my biggest worry. Bright side is if he opts out we basically have him cheap an extra year.

I've expected this from him and other high value players across the league that are looking for a new contract.  If he opts out, he is effectively delaying the time in which he receives a large contract windfall.  When you take into consideration the time value of money and investment opportunity costs, it will cost him several millions of dollars to delay that windfall for another year.  If he truly has health concerns and/or family health concerns, no one should hold it against him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just spit balling but if family is a concern couldnt he hire the best to help his family and or bring up other family members to WNY? I didnt catch all of his audio clips but did he say something about school and his child(ren?) not being in school. (is WNY not going to go back to school for the fall?) 

Either way, he could hire a teacher(s) to homeschool them. I'm sure he could hire the best of the best at say $100k. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think we have the best and the worst fan base in the NFL. Our fans are more passionate and loyal than any around but sometimes that comes out in hyperbolic criticism and selfish thinking. This is not a time for the latter. People have been mocking the Patriots opt outs. Not so funny when it hits closer to home? Tre is a family man, pure and simple. If he's smart enough at 25 to know his family will always be more important than anything and time, specifically time with his family is not something that has a monetary value. Get it? Do not ostracize the man for being a hell of a human being. It's probably part of the reason he's a hell of a football player. Make your decision Tre, we love you and want you to retire as a Bill. You represent the love and side of our fan base that is good.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm a physician. The only part of this post that is even  close to accurate is that the athlete's parents would be at more risk.  Everything else is wrong.  Kids can get infected just as easily as adults. Kids have less symptoms and very low mortality. But kids especially infants can develop a rare inflammatory large blood vessel syndrome that can have lifelong sequela.

What are the numbers on this condition? Is it a high percentage of infants?

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

So ‘doctor’ you recommend that all Americans go home and ride it out? Give me a break! I’d suggest we start with you. We’ll call you when it’s safe to come out. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brainwashed, "most of the population" would mean 165 million people.   Seroprevalence studies entirely fail to support your contention, by the way.

A contact tracing study of nearly 60,000 people in S. Korea found that when a 10-19 yr old was the index patient, they had a 1.6x higher attack rate. Outbreaks in various summer camps and in an Israeli high school appear to demonstrate incontrovertibly that kids are indeed, susceptible to it.  It is possible you mean something else than "susceptible to it" - unlikely to become seriously ill from it, perhaps?   Statistically, that last is true, but some who do become ill, become seriously ill indeed, as an ICU nurse I'm sure you can describe MIS-C.

Bottom line, if I were a multi-millionaire with a contractually negotiated right to opt out, I too could choose the level of risk I'm personally willing to accept.

PS Perhaps you should inject a few facts before complaining of "bs scare tactics".  When you say stuff that's just not true, the bs claim kind of boomerangs.  Just my opinion.

Correct what I meant was that 80% of the people infected by it will not have symptoms. And I don’t care about your google search on what population of South Koreans say when I see the effects first hand while you be an internet tough guy in your moms basement. So you can shove your opinion up your ***. I’m coming from the standpoint of seeing people die from this and I’m getting **** from morons. Unreal. Keep getting your info from CNN 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I think we have the best and the worst fan base in the NFL. Our fans are more passionate and loyal than any around but sometimes that comes out in hyperbolic criticism and selfish thinking. This is not a time for the latter. People have been mocking the Patriots opt outs. Not so funny when it hits closer to home? Tre is a family man, pure and simple. If he's smart enough at 25 to know his family will always be more important than anything and time, specifically time with his family is not something that has a monetary value. Get it? Do not ostracize the man for being a hell of a human being. It's probably part of the reason he's a hell of a football player. Make your decision Tre, we love you and want you to retire as a Bill. You represent the love and side of our fan base that is good.  

I get what you’re saying but he made it seem his decision would be based on the inconvenience it would cause to his family, girl and kids. Having no one there or anything to do. No help for 4-5 months vs health concerns of his family or kids.  Yet there are millions of Americans going through much worse, having to make much tougher decisions to just keep food on the table, pay rent and still actually have health issues.

He’s a millionaire, he can get help. The organization will get him and his family in the best situations they can. He could get a Nanny or have his sister in-law be there. But the situation dictates you keep it minimal and that’s it. No changing after tomorrow....  I just thought it may have been more.

An inconvenience is some of these military families that make next to nothing after joining, with kids, at some army post thousands of miles away from your family and you have to deploy for 15 months... Give me a million dollars, just 1. And I can sit on an island for 4 months with my family.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

Watching that presser today gave me that gut feeling in his heart he was not playing this year. I don’t believe for a second it has anything to do with his contract.  He is all about family and I respect that. 

The impact on the season would be devastating to the Bills. With him we are contenders for the whole thing. Without him we will contend for the division, but we can’t hang with the Chiefs or Ravens. He is worth at least 2-3 games on our record IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What I meant “doc” is that they don’t have symptoms which you know since your a physician of some sort and see people directly effected by this all the time ?

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Not really filling Tre’s reasoning for not wanting to play.... “cause his family will have nowhere to go”, “his family can’t come in town”, “his girl will have to watch the kids by her self most the day”.... I get it. It’s tough. But 4-5 months of doing that won’t kill you. In this day, that may be the best thing. 

Im in the military. We can’t leave the local area, we can’t eat at restaurants. My family can’t just come visit, I can’t just go visit them. I don’t have family here.... all that and I don’t have a billion dollar support system helping me. I don’t have millions of dollars...

Yes it will be tough, yes it will suck at times. But I’m sure the organization will ensure you and your family here will get all the nicest amenities and anything your kids and girl needs they will do it to the best of their ability....

To each his own...

You are assuming he is the only one who gets to decide. He is married. In marriages it’s both people who should weigh in on the decision. You are also in the military. They tell you were to go and your family has to go there. Does your CO call your wife and ask her if she minds where you are deployed? I don’t think so. So it’s not apples to apples. its not the same thing.

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Watching that presser today gave me that gut feeling in his heart he was not playing this year. I don’t believe for a second it has anything to do with his contract.  He is all about family and I respect that. 

The impact on the season would be devastating to the Bills. With him we are contenders for the whole thing. Without him we will contend for the division, but we can’t hang with the Chiefs or Ravens. He is worth at least 2-3 games on our record IMO.

I disagree.  With Allen making a jump, we’re contenders.  Without that, we’re contending for the division.... with or without Tre. 

No Championship caliber team loses that ability because they lose a Cornerback.... even if that guy is the best DB in the league.   The fact remains, he’s on the Defensive side of the ball, in an Offensive League.   We still have Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Milano and a strong DL, led by McDermott and Frazier.  Our offense will just have to, dare I say.... be able to score. 

Edited by SCBills

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I disagree.  With Allen making a jump, we’re contenders.  Without that, we’re contending for the division.... with or without Tre. 

No Championship caliber team loses that ability because they lose a Cornerback.... even if that guy is the best DB in the league.   The fact remains, he’s on the Defensive side of the ball, in an Offensive League.   We still have Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Milano and a strong DL.   Our offense will just have to, dare I say.... be able to score. 

I disagree. Unless we are scoring in the leagues top 5-7, which we have not proven we can be yet, you require a shut down corner to win championships (not divisions .) We will improve on offense no doubt , but without Tre you lose a superstar and a lot of margin for error. You now can’t shut down the other teams best WR because he may be the best CB in the league. I feel losing Tre is second to losing Josh in terms of Team W-L impact.     Let’s just hope tomorrow goes by and he stays and this is not something to worry about.

Edited by Locomark

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Flu vaccine is different. There are many different variations of the flu, and the vaccine only protects against one or two.  The same wouldn't be true of COVID. 

More than one flu vaccine is available to meet the various strains in existence.  

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu-season-2019-2020.htm?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fflu%2Fseason%2Fflu-season-2019-2020.htm

To the matter at hand...if Tre White sits out, I'm interested to see if he becomes persona non grata among Bills fans. 

Buffalo has a very difficult schedule this year.  Missing their best defender, especially as the virus continues to deteriorate, is going to be interesting situation among the fan base.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I disagree. Unless we are scoring in the leagues top 5-7, which we have not proven we can be yet, you require a shut down corner. We will improve on offense no doubt , but without Tre you lose a superstar and a lot of margin for error. You now can’t shut down the other teams best WR because he may be the best CB in the league. I feel losing Tre is second to losing Josh in terms of Team W-L impact.     Let’s just hope tomorrow goes by and he stays and this is not something to worry about. 

It certainly won’t be easy to have a Top 5 defense without him,  but there’s still a lot of talent on this defense, and I expect Edmunds and Oliver to make big jumps this year, combined with a DL, that (IMO) will be much better at rushing the passer. 

Josh Allen has all the weapons he needs to operate a Top 10 Offense.  It’s up to him to get us there... and if he does, I think our defense is good enough to keep us in the conversation, even without Tre, EJ and Star.  

Ill admit, KC scares me to death without Tre, but I do still think we can beat Baltimore plus win the division. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Medium vessel vasculitis...