Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Another perspective I don't understand.

There is a better chance Tre gets the virus hanging out in Louisiana than he does playing in the NFL.  If he gets the virus down there, he is not going to have the testing he gets with the NFL.  If he gets it playing, at least he will know right away he has it.  He gets it in Louisiana, he won't get test results for days.  Best way to protect your family is to get tested the most.  The virus is everywhere, it's not like him not playing means he won't be exposed to it.

If you listen to the interview, his family is staying in Louisiana and he wouldn’t see them. That’s one big concern. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I mean, he’s not going to come out and say it, but isn’t he currently in Buffalo working out?  

Yes. He is undecided and wanted to get a feel for how things were going to be on the facility etc before making a decision. Sounds like he is very torn. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

There is a better chance Tre gets the virus hanging out in Louisiana than he does playing in the NFL.  If he gets the virus down there, he is not going to have the testing he gets with the NFL.  If he gets it playing, at least he will know right away he has it.  He gets it in Louisiana, he won't get test results for days.  Best way to protect your family is to get tested the most.  The virus is everywhere, it's not like him not playing means he won't be exposed to it.

He was more mentioning how he doesn't want his family to have to live in lock down for 5 months, to protect him, thus protecting the team as a whole and/or him not seeing them for 5 months due to this.   Everyone's families have to buy in for this to work as well.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He may of kept it reserved, but having a fear for your family's safety and exposing yourself to the virus at all makes no sense to me.  For the most part he will be with the same people he will come into contact with everyday the entire season, except one day a week.    I see absolutely no sense in being that worried about your family, exposing yourself to a bunch of new people, and then deciding after two weeks the fear is too much.  

You think Tre isnt going shopping?  Not ever going out to eat?  Quarantining 24-7 to ensure his family's safety.   Give me a break.    

At some point we all need to measure the truth, and not continue living by fear.    And if these guys are really that scared, shut the mother down.

Totally agree brother.    

As a team, we will be fine.  We haven't won a playoff game with him anyways.  And he was garbage in the second half against the Texans.  Its an offensive league.  Beane will find a suitable replacement.  And its about time we leaned on the offense some anyways.  And a strong pass rush will help take away the sting if he decides not to play.

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is a power play for money, IMO. This is only the beginning of money trouble with Tre.

It would push back his contract status a year and gives him no more leverage.  He loses his age 25 year - we still have his 5th year option and can franchise him.  Is he going to hold out at that point and lose another year or prime health?  I don't see the benefit for him from a negotiation standpoint for him.  

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Tre’s explanation, aside from high risk players, is the first one that’s made sense to me. 

Facilities seem more safe to me than being out with the general public, and I’m pretty sure the opt-out players aren’t locking down at home for months on end.  

The mortality rate for these players is incredibly low, and for those who want to invoke lung damage as if that doesn’t happen every year to people with the flu - Respiratory viruses kill people and cause permanent damage to people every year.  

His explanation of not being able to see his family for 5 months and/or his family having to live a certain way while he plays shows he’s actually put thought into this.  

I’d side-eye him a bit if I was a teammate, but I’d get it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Tens of millions of us don't have a career lifespan of only a few years. These guys need the signing bonus money and can't risk harm to their body

For older guys like Star it makes sense. Get some cash and don't beat up your body in the hopes you can still play a few years.

For Tre it makes sense because he can get an accrued season without risk of injury prior to his rookie deal being renegotiated. 

Hope it is just a negotiating ploy but in the end there won't be a season anyways so none of this will matter.

Say what?  They are being paid, essentially, to do a job that is harmful to their bodies (without a virus).  It's unavoidable always in this profession.  If their overwhelming concern was risk to their short and long term health, they wouldn't play ever.

As for the "career span of only a few years--that is heavy weighted down by guys who never make a roster rafter after getting a check for being in camp.  Even so, after they wash out of the NFL, they are free to pursue a job that 10s of millions of others do every day (without a nice chunk in the bank from playing ball for a while).

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He was more mentioning how he doesn't want his family to have to live in lock down for 5 months, to protect him, thus protecting the team as a whole and/or him not seeing them for 5 months due to this.   Everyone's families have to buy in for this to work as well.

Ummm, the entire US was supposed to be living in essentially lock down since March.  Not sure I even understand what he is trying to say.  So is he saying his family hasn't been living in essential lockdown since March?  That's an issue if that is the case.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

most of the population eh? Bold statement based on nothing coming from someone proclaiming to be in medicine.

Based on what I’ve seen for the last 4 months ? Believe me friend I don’t care what you or anyone on this board thinks of whether I’m in medicine or not but I have a lot more important things to do then pretend I’m in medicine to convince a few fans of what the **** is happening. Most of us working tested positive for antibodies and not one of us had symptoms. Next time I’ll just remain silent and just read about your thoughts on something that you have no idea about. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Ummm, the entire US was supposed to be living in essentially lock down since March.  Not sure I even understand what he is trying to say.  So is he saying his family hasn't been living in essential lockdown since March?  That's an issue if that is the case.

Its a different lockdown. Read the NFL rules. 

3 hours ago, scribo said:

I'm watching it right now. Sounds like he wants a new deal now and this is a bargaining chip. I believe he is supposedly required to decided by tomorrow.

Not a very good bargaining chip considering he wouldn't gat the accrued season and would have to wait an additional year.

3 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Based on what I’ve seen for the last 4 months ? Believe me friend I don’t care what you or anyone on this board thinks of whether I’m in medicine or not but I have a lot more important things to do then pretend I’m in medicine to convince a few fans of what the **** is happening. Most of us working tested positive for antibodies and not one of us had symptoms. Next time I’ll just remain silent and just read about your thoughts on something that you have no idea about. 

I can't get over how anyone still sees this thing the same way we did in March.  

I think these athletes get it.  They know they aren't at risk. 

But they can't be honest and say you don't want to deal with the protocols.  Say you don't like that right now it doesn't feel right to play and that 12 practices in pads before week 1 makes you uneasy. 

They can't say that bc collectively as the NFLPA its what they agreed to.

They should be practicing right now and have 2 preseason games.  

Fans should not be banned from games but feel free to exercise limited capacity (even tho now entering month 8 of it being here and probably 50 million infected thus immune it should be full go). 

But that's just my opinion.  

These people have all lost their minds!  Every year up until now they played with against players who had all sorts of diseases, from AIDs to who knows what....but now, somehow everything has changed, and yet we have more information about this new disease and who is vulnerable than ANY of those previous examples.  GET TO WORK AMERICA!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1