Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Nothing "greasy" about it at all. It's the 2020 season. There will be a champion, if it is actually played.

I would just delay the season until Jan 1 and play spring ball. Start 2021 season Nov 1 and 2022 as normal. That gives players a break between the super Bowl in May 2021 and the new season Nov 1 2021. 

Allow the opt outs to reconsider given the new start date. 

If someone beat us because Allen was held out of and important game with a false positive would you consider it fair? 

I dont think many many people would. 

With that said id be into a delay. Give the NFL and teams more time to get it right. I feel right now things are being rushed and will lead to many mistakes and issues down the line. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

frankly I’d definitely show up to see the measures, the lifestyle etc... before deciding and I wouldn’t put paperwork in a minute early in case we had some noteworthy update. I wouldn’t be shocked by a small flurry of opt outs tomorrow if this week hasn’t impressed players. No idea if that’s the case though.

Totally agree

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

who knows how many he exposed himself to... he could’ve kept pretty reserved with it. And doing it for a few days is definitely different than months.

He may of kept it reserved, but having a fear for your family's safety and exposing yourself to the virus at all makes no sense to me.  For the most part he will be with the same people he will come into contact with everyday the entire season, except one day a week.    I see absolutely no sense in being that worried about your family, exposing yourself to a bunch of new people, and then deciding after two weeks the fear is too much.  

You think Tre isnt going shopping?  Not ever going out to eat?  Quarantining 24-7 to ensure his family's safety.   Give me a break.    

At some point we all need to measure the truth, and not continue living by fear.    And if these guys are really that scared, shut the mother down.

Edited by thenorthremembers

I get it. I have said that I wouldn’t begrudge guys for opting out and I won’t. Tre is in the verge of a massive deal. I get him not wanting to go into a season with limited camp, no preseason and an international pandemic going on. This year will do more damage to players than most. That’s pretty much inevitable. 

Now, if the Bills turned around and signed Tre to a massive deal I wouldn’t be mad. It’s inevitably coming anyways. That security will almost inevitably force him to opt in. 

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Tre opting out would be the biggest loss for any NFL team so far.

Tre, Star and EJ would definitely be up there with the Pats exodus - They'd have more opt-outs, but the impact players are pretty equal when Tre is factored in. 

Prior to this potential move, i would put CJ Mosley or Ja'Waun James up there as the biggest loss.

Edited by SCBills

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

What?

Tre White is 25 years old and CB's do not last too long at a high level. Just ask Josh Norman.

If White opts and when he returns, there isn't a guarantee that he will come back at all all pro level ever again.

He is going to have to prove himself all over again to get a massive deal.

Just something for him to think about.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He needs to do what’s best for him. Team wise it would be a huge loss. But his health and family comes first. 

seems more of a contract trick than a actual health concern?  

I’m not sure waiting this year out helps.  

Another perspective I don't understand.

There is a better chance Tre gets the virus hanging out in Louisiana than he does playing in the NFL.  If he gets the virus down there, he is not going to have the testing he gets with the NFL.  If he gets it playing, at least he will know right away he has it.  He gets it in Louisiana, he won't get test results for days.  Best way to protect your family is to get tested the most.  The virus is everywhere, it's not like him not playing means he won't be exposed to it.