Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It would really be a shame if nurses, doctors, and essential workers started opting out of their jobs.

Baffles me how a professional athlete can opt out while others are truly risking being exposed to the illness.

So if he opts out, is he not going to leave his house or see anyone till a vaccine comes?

Crazy, right? Essential workers are needed at work and guys playing a game for your entertainment can stay home because you don’t need but just want them.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

He wouldn't even be there if he was going to opt out. 

Thats not necessarily true.  He could very well be there undecided, probably because he's leaning towards playing, and just seeing how this goes initially before he makes a info decision.  

27 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

This is ridiculous, I’m an ICU nurse and these players are the healthiest population and if they are concerned about their kids getting it they too aren’t susceptible to it. If anything the players need to stay away from their parents. Enough of this bs scare tactics. Most of the population has it or had it and they didn’t even know it. 

most of the population eh? Bold statement based on nothing coming from someone proclaiming to be in medicine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It would really be a shame if nurses, doctors, and essential workers started opting out of their jobs.

Baffles me how a professional athlete can opt out while others are truly risking being exposed to the illness.

So if he opts out, is he not going to leave his house or see anyone till a vaccine comes?

Is this a real post?  The ignorance in this statement is astounding.  The fact you just compared essential workers to adults playing a game for your entertainment is mind blowing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Crazy, right? Essential workers are needed at work and guys playing a game for your entertainment can stay home because you don’t need but just want them.

So your career determines your level of worth?

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not necessarily true.  He could very well be there undecided, probably because he's leaning towards playing, and just seeing how this goes initially before he makes a info decision.  

frankly I’d definitely show up to see the measures, the lifestyle etc... before deciding and I wouldn’t put paperwork in a minute early in case we had some noteworthy update. I wouldn’t be shocked by a small flurry of opt outs tomorrow if this week hasn’t impressed players. No idea if that’s the case though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who wouldn't love to tell their employer they don't think it's a good idea to come to work this year.....and here's my winter address to send me  my $150,000 salary!

Except is is not a salary but an advance and you know that so you are trolling.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

So your career determines your level of worth?

It’s all a risk/reward equation. The services you provide certainly effect the risks you should or should not take. Though we should do our best to mitigate those risks across the board (within reason)

Just now, NoSaint said:

It’s all a risk/reward equation. The services you provide certainly effect the risks you should or should not take. Though we should do our best to mitigate those risks across the board (within reason)

*affect*

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

So he showed up and decided to be around literally hundreds of people in the building, but now is concerned about doing what is right for his family....

who knows how many he exposed himself to... he could’ve kept pretty reserved with it. And doing it for a few days is definitely different than months.

13 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

This is ridiculous, I’m an ICU nurse and these players are the healthiest population and if they are concerned about their kids getting it they too aren’t susceptible to it. If anything the players need to stay away from their parents. Enough of this bs scare tactics. Most of the population has it or had it and they didn’t even know it. 

I feel for you -- I am married to an ICU Nurse & I myself am an "essential" worker (in a different field of work).

We both have gone to work daily - we realize that we face increased odds of greater exposure than most people - however, our jobs are of the nature that many, many people count on use to do our jobs so that they can have the "privilege" of quarantining. Both of us have been routinely tested & have remained "negative". Our 4 children have also remained healthy. We have no elderly parents to worry about - everyone's individual situation is unique.

I realize that the job of "football player" is clearly not an essential job. I also do not begrudge anyone who has the option of 'opting out" of work for choosing to do so. I just see that if proper procedures are observed - even professions that do not allow for continual social distancing can be run without COVID-19 running rampant through the workplace.

Good luck to Tre White - I hope he does what is best for him & his family.

Thank you to all of you who have been, and continue to be, on the front lines - allowing society to continue safely functioning (as much as possible) during this pandemic.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

Are championships that are won with certain players not playing because of injuries come with a stigma?

Did you see the false positive for Stafford? 

Normal injury, no. But if players are held out of important games and it turns out to be from a false positive you better believe this season comes with an asterisk to the winner. 

Not just that, let’s say a player comes out covid positive and the Bills played them the week before. Do we then have to quarantine? Many things like this will come up all season long. 

You think i want a greasy season right when the Bills seem to be ready for that next step? Heck no. 

But unfortunately, here we are. Full greez. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Nothing "greasy" about it at all. It's the 2020 season. There will be a champion, if it is actually played.

I would just delay the season until Jan 1 and play spring ball. Start 2021 season Nov 1 and 2022 as normal. That gives players a break between the super Bowl in May 2021 and the new season Nov 1 2021. 

Allow the opt outs to reconsider given the new start date. 

Selfishly, I hope Tre plays. But I won’t hold it against any player that opts out this season. Even someone crucial like Josh Allen. 

Many of us have had to make tough decisions because of this virus. I know I certainly have.

Tre opting out would leave quite a hole to fill, but I have faith in McDermott when it comes to his defense. I’m confident that he’d find a way to still field a good secondary + defense. 

1 hour ago, scribo said:

I'm watching it right now. Sounds like he wants a new deal now and this is a bargaining chip. I believe he is supposedly required to decided by tomorrow.

Good. Barnwell has him in the HOF category already. Bargain, young man, get a deal now, let us pay you for another 4 good seasons, and then whatever happens, happens.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29589146/projecting-future-hall-famers-all-32-nfl-teams

AFC EAST

buf.png&h=110&w=110

Buffalo Bills

In the running (40% to 69%): CB Tre'Davious White. White got his just due last season and was named a first-team All-Pro while tying for the league lead in interceptions (six). The former LSU corner was already a star on the field after his 2018 campaign, but getting that first nod is usually tougher than getting invited back. Of the nine corners who have debuted since the NFL-AFL merger and made the Hall of Fame, just two had been a first-team All-Pro by their third season, which puts White in good company alongside Rod Woodson and then-corner Ronnie Lott.

Work to do (10% to 39%): LB Tremaine Edmunds. The star inside linebacker made his first Pro Bowl last season, which is incredible given that it was his age-21 season. Of the seven players eligible for the Hall of Fame who made it to the Pro Bowl in their age-21 campaign, six are in the Hall. One issue: Five of those six are running backs, with Randy Moss as the only exception. Inside linebackers generally need to become Defensive Player of the Year candidates and earn multiple first-team All-Pro appearances to get serious consideration for Canton, but Edmunds is off to a great start.