Tre White decides not to opt out, everyone is beside themselves with excitement because we're all in need of any small nugget of good news these days. Who wants a drink?

Logic

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who wouldn't love to tell their employer they don't think it's a good idea to come to work this year.....and here's my winter address to send me  my $150,000 salary!

Yep.  They live in a totally different world than us.  Must be nice to make a lot of money playing a game.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, scribo said:

I'm watching it right now. Sounds like he wants a new deal now and this is a bargaining chip. I believe he is supposedly required to decided by tomorrow.

Hope he’s not taking advice from Jamal Adams.

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Yep.  They live in a totally different world than us.  Must be nice to make a lot of money playing a game.

He has every right to make the decision he may make, but yea... i'm not here for all these conversations acting like most people in this country aren't out here putting themselves, and their families, in harm's way every day of the week for pennies on the dollar of what these guys make.

Based on what i've seen from Buffalo, and their protocols, the facilities seem safer than going to the grocery store, but I get the argument about the restricted life your family will have to live for 5 months.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Tens of millions of us working through this and coming back now would like to have that option...

Tens of millions of us don't have a career lifespan of only a few years. These guys need the signing bonus money and can't risk harm to their body. 

For older guys like Star it makes sense. Get some cash and don't beat up your body in the hopes you can still play a few years.

For Tre it makes sense because he can get an accrued season without risk of injury prior to his rookie deal being renegotiated. 

Hope it is just a negotiating ploy but in the end there won't be a season anyways so none of this will matter.

This is ridiculous, I’m an ICU nurse and these players are the healthiest population and if they are concerned about their kids getting it they too aren’t susceptible to it. If anything the players need to stay away from their parents. Enough of this bs scare tactics. Most of the population has it or had it and they didn’t even know it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Contract chatter - He said he is not in any hurry to get a new contract done. He said 'I am not hurting for money'. SO, how is this him leveraging for a new contract?

Family chatter - Someone said something about him not being with his family for 5 months. That's not the case. His concern is that his family and children would need to remain on quarantine for the duration of the season. He doesn't want that to happen. Again, stated in the interview/article.

Jealous non-athlete chatter - He is not you. You are not him. He is working within the framework that he has. You have to work within the framework that you have. Yes, if we were all independently wealthy with an endless list of options, that would be great. That is not reality. This is in no way an attack on folks that have lost their jobs due to the pandemic.

I see him opting out tomorrow.

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Tens of millions of us working through this and coming back now would like to have that option...

Right.  Hard to identify when people have been back in their offices for a couple months now.  I'm also dismayed at the lack of awareness on the virus, even nearly 5 months after it started to surge in the US. 

We know those aged 0-19 are the most unaffected by the virus.  We know the death rate of those under 55, particularly those without a co-morbid condition, is infinitesimally low. 

You can't wait out a virus, although many are trying. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Im not saying we’d win a championship but even if we did it would feel like a pretty greasy first championship. 

Yeah because a season where teams are facing even more adversity would somehow be easier to persevere over? Na this sentiment is nonsense to me.

If there is any asterisk to this years champion, it should be noted that it was more difficult for a team to win this year, not easier.

Whatever team wins the Superbowl, they should be proud that they withstood all the challenges this season appears to have & rose above everyone else to be #1.

No reason to have the glass is empty attitude on this one imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

So he wants a new deal? I don’t completely disagree with that. 

The thing about this season, now especially with covid cases , opt outs, and this new false positive issue is even if you do well it will instantly comes with a built in asterisk. 

Im not saying we’d win a championship but even if we did it would feel like a pretty greasy first championship. 

The issue I have with this take and others I’ve seen of a similar sentiment, is that the entire NFL field is dealing with the same ground rules and new reality—it’s not like the Bills will be playing with some built in advantage all the rest don’t get to have; it’s still going to be blocking and tackling, running, passing and catching in the NFL. In short, a level playing field from which a champion will emerge. So one of their stars has Covid? Well one of ours prolly will too, and so on. If it’s us who emerges, best believe I will proudly rock the championship gear like it’s 2019.