Ex Packer and Cardinal OT Tootie Robbins succumbs to Covid 19

stuvian

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

RIP. 

He was only 62. That’s far too young. Of course, those who don’t want to wear a mask or love their pool parties will just keep doing their thing..... 

I wear  a mask and basically isolate myself nearly all the time. I also understand that pretending every death could have been avoided is pure nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I wear  a mask and basically isolate myself nearly all the time. I also understand that pretending every death could have been avoided is pure nonsense. 

Of course every death cannot be avoided. In fact, death is inevitable for all of us. What I’d like to avoid is stupidity. THAT is the first battle. We are having spotty results there. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Ughh...the real scary thing is going to come when current players start dying from it, or having to retire due to complications or heart/lung/organ damage

Like Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez.

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

I agree. It's turning a little bit into a witch hunt. New cases or deaths does not always mean that people are being irresponsible.

This pandemic will be studied for years and we won't know truly what happened until then. People should look at themselves and their own actions and not be assuming the worst of everyone else.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I’m sorry his family’s loss.  This is unfortunately going to keep happening.  He’s only 62, but he may have had comorbid conditions.  We don’t know nor should we know whether he had high blood pressure, diabetes, CAD, etc.  That’s his private medical business.  It only reaffirms to me to continue being as vigilant as I have been about masks, eating healthy, working out six days a week, not smoking, and only sparingly having alcohol.  I’m not prescribing others actions as the CDC and local authorities do enough of that, but just simply controlling what I can to see my daughter someday walk down the aisle with me.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Of course every death cannot be avoided. In fact, death is inevitable for all of us. What I’d like to avoid is stupidity. THAT is the first battle. We are having spotty results there. 

People have been dying from viruses for thousands of years.  Even though we now know more about viruses and how they make people sick, some people will continue to die from them.  People who die from viruses have not been killed by others’ stupidity, but from their own misfortune.  It sucks, but stopping life as we know it won’t change any of that.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

People have been dying from viruses for thousands of years.  Even though we now know more about viruses and how they make people sick, some people will continue to die from them.  People who die from viruses have not been killed by others’ stupidity, but from their own misfortune.  It sucks, but stopping life as we know it won’t change any of that.  

There is a massive difference....people who have been "dying for thousands of years" were either A: part of a previous pandemic that was not addressed due to ignorance (see the bubonic plague) or B: the viruses are taking lives at a much lower infective rate then we're seeing today.

But people who have parties to see who can contract the virus first, and then die from it as an unintended result, are a problem. So are people who think that; "Oh well it's a virus, nothing I can do but hope I don't get it....now open my bars!"  Because again, even though you may not suffer from it, someone you know could unintentionally..... I have a newborn and a mother with a hit list of the virus's greatest targets......and it's people like you who only see the tree, and not the forest, who both terrify and piss me off.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I agree. It's turning a little bit into a witch hunt. New cases or deaths does not always mean that people are being irresponsible.

This pandemic will be studied for years and we won't know truly what happened until then. People should look at themselves and their own actions and not be assuming the worst of everyone else.

It should be "a witch hunt".   Wearing a mask and social distancing whenever possible have proven throughout the world as well as in some states in the US like New York to be effective in stopping the spread of Covid 19.   Not wearing a mask and/or gathering in large groups is selfish because it endangers others, especially from asymptomatic spreaders.  It is everybody's responsibility to our fellow Americans because the coronavirus doesn't discriminate; anybody -- and there everybody -- can be infected by it.   You can't spin selfish behavior as anything but what it is.. 

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It should be "a witch hunt".   Wearing a mask and social distancing whenever possible have proven throughout the world as well as in some states in the US like New York to be effective in stopping the spread of Covid 19.   Not wearing a mask and/or gathering in large groups is selfish because it endangers others, especially from asymptomatic spreaders.  It is everybody's responsibility to our fellow Americans because the coronavirus doesn't discriminate; anybody -- and there everybody -- can be infected by it.   You can't spin selfish behavior as anything but what it is.. 

Agreed. Some of you may be all for playing the law of averages with your life and those around you, but I'm not.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I disagree with virtually every “fact” asserted in this post.  

The greatest damage that has and will have come from this virus (or rather our response to it) is the baseless fear has been instilled in  a generation of humans, who are being trained by the media and by brain-dead politicians to regard their fellow humans as walking biohazards.  

1 hour ago, Jdragon2 said:

Agreed. Some of you may be all for playing the law of averages with your life and those around you, but I'm not.

Fine.  Then shelter at home for as long as you like, and wear a mask every time you emerge from your “shelter”.  Just don’t try to force others do likewise.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

Good thing no one has suggested that then.....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I disagree with virtually every “fact” asserted in this post.  

The greatest damage that has and will have come from this virus (or rather our response to it) is the baseless fear has been instilled in  a generation of humans, who are being trained by the media and by brain-dead politicians to regard their fellow humans as walking biohazards.  

Fine.  Then shelter at home for as long as you like, and wear a mask every time you emerge from your “shelter”.  Just don’t try to force others do likewise.

I honestly have no idea how you believe that is what people will look at others after this is all said and done.  

When you drive a car, you generally trust other drivers not to drive chaotic or drive impaired, but yet you still wear your seat belt which is the law - a law accepted by ALL U.S. Governments.  Why is it a law, to prevent more casualty  in the case of an accident or someone who is not careful and drives without regard of others.

Why are masks important and should be enforced for the current situation, is because of people like you that refuse to wear a mask that has no regard for others health.  

This isn't your mamma's flu.  This is something new, and a lot of people act like they know best.  

But keep doing your thing, please though, if you get COVID 19 and have complications.  Do not leave your house, do not go to the hospital. Save that bed for someone that tried to protect others.  

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2