Will we ever see another season like 1998 in terms of QBs?

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Are you talking about 1998?  DeBerg definitely was not in the MVP conversation.  

My only memories of Deberg was when the Bills played a “hot” KC team in the 1991 playoffs.  The plan was going to be for the monster attack of Barry Word to run roughshod over the Bills defense the same way that the Giants did in the Super Bowl.  The Bills completely stuffed the attack and battered Deberg bad.  I still remember the shot of him wincing in pain when trying to warm up his arm leading to the appearance of the legendary....Mark Vlassic!

I also remember Deberg in Miami back when Mitchell and Marion were hurt.  He seemed so ancient back then, but he was only 39!!!!

I was mistakenly thinking about Debergs season in KC and got it mixed up when he had 24 TDs and 4 INTs.  

On 8/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, Brennan Huff said:

Soon QBs will be completely off limits to hits. 40 will be the new 35

That's an interesting thought.

Create a rule that says a "2 hand touch" of the QB ends the play, or something like that.

There is some kind of flaw in the game of football.  The entire game hinges around the QB's performance, and yet almost nobody in the game can play the position at a high level.

Hmmmm.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's an interesting thought.

Create a rule that says a "2 hand touch" of the QB ends the play, or something like that.

There is some kind of flaw in the game of football.  The entire game hinges around the QB's performance, and yet almost nobody in the game can play the position at a high level.

Hmmmm.

Notice how the want of a "modern" QB only applies to certain league darlings? Still waiting on the officials to announce "Defense thought the quarterback was a runner" on Maholmes or Jackson or Wilson like they did to Tyrod. That's the flaw. It's about making money not the game.

Weird reclamation projects at QB will almost always be a fixture at the QB position. After Flutie, Cunningham and Vinny in 1998 every few years there comes around a QB reclamation. As others have mentioned guys like Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner, Michael Vick, Bret Farve and Nick Foles have had later career revivals similar to those 1998 QB's. So will 3 happen in one season like in 1998? Possible but unlikely, however these revival stories are going to come around here and there. 

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was mistakenly thinking about Debergs season in KC and got it mixed up when he had 24 TDs and 4 INTs.  

KC had a good team that year.  They owned Buffalo bad on a Monday Night game at Arrowhead when Christian Okoye plowed through a tired defense.  If he doesn’t get hurt that year the 1991 playoff game might look different 

• Like (+1) 1