Is Tremaine ready to break out?

MAJBobby

7 hours ago, dneveu said:

I mean.. is it not a rushing league though?  Baltimore, Tennessee, San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota, Houston, Dallas... Teams are definitely still running the ball.  

Those teams also have good to excellent defenses.  None have won SB's in the last 5 years either.  

I've read so many threads over the years about Buffalo players who really worked out hard during the off-season.  That's good to see in younger guys, but by no means correlates to a strong season.  

Edmunds has been the ultimate potential guy to date, with the obligatory "he's so young" comment thrown in.  Yet, the elite MLBs of the NFL drafted near Edmunds like Urlacher, Jonathan Vilma, Patrick Willis, perhaps Jerod Mayo and Luke Kuechly never needed so much lead time to excellence.  They were instinctive from the beginning and no one can tell you off the top of their head who the DL were in front of them.  

And it's a tad alarming that TE says they don't need to change anything on defense this year.  Frankly, teams are constantly adapting and scheming differently.  Nothing remains the same for very long and just because you were good last year means nothing.  As Jerry Glanville says, NFL means "not for long."

Did anyone find it odd that he said he was asking Klein about calls?  Klein hasn’t been with the Panthers for a few years and Tremaine has been calling the games for us for the last few. It concerned me that maybe he really doesn’t grasp enough of the concepts yet. So my main answer to OpEd is for him to reach his awesome potential he needs to be playing at full speed and be calling the right variations on the calls. That means  he needs to be on top of all the reads and show he doesn’t need someone to help him out. This is not me questioning his intelligence. It’s me questioning if he has had 100% command of this defense yet and if not, when will that be the case. For us to win a championship, he needs to be a master of the calls out there..

Edited by Locomark

9 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Those teams also have good to excellent defenses.  None have won SB's in the last 5 years either.  

I've read so many threads over the years about Buffalo players who really worked out hard during the off-season.  That's good to see in younger guys, but by no means correlates to a strong season.  

Edmunds has been the ultimate potential guy to date, with the obligatory "he's so young" comment thrown in.  Yet, the elite MLBs of the NFL drafted near Edmunds like Urlacher, Jonathan Vilma, Patrick Willis, perhaps Jerod Mayo and Luke Kuechly never needed so much lead time to excellence.  They were instinctive from the beginning and no one can tell you off the top of their head who the DL were in front of them.  

And it's a tad alarming that TE says they don't need to change anything on defense this year.  Frankly, teams are constantly adapting and scheming differently.  Nothing remains the same for very long and just because you were good last year means nothing.  As Jerry Glanville says, NFL means "not for long."

They're built on sound tackling and keeping everything in front.  They do a good job disguising stuff since they all know their assignments - the longer in that style of defense the better you get at disguising blitzes and coverage.  The more they trust one another.  They believe they have the personnel to match up with anyone from baltimore to KC. 

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yep, just wait til you see ho much the Pats run this year.

Yeah, teams early on are going to see what cam's got left in his arm though.  I expect teams to stack the box.